Can someone check voice record quality

Search This thread

jiggyb21

Mar 25, 2013
I decided to try Sony's answering machine feature. I recorded a greeting. When I played it back it sounded like I was talking through a towel or something. I called my girlfriend and she said I sounded fine, so I don't think it's a mic issue.

As a check I downloaded 2 different voice recorder apps and both record with the same muffled sound.

Could you guys try and let me know. I'm on the most recent firmware 17.1.A.2.55.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

jiggyb21

Mar 25, 2013
Some new info to report.....

I'm hoping a dev reads this and can shed some light.

People have been complaining in certain situations that they can't hear me on their end. Usually in noisy environments (on my side)

I downloaded "Easy Voice Recorder" in an effort to run some more testing. This particular voice recorder lets you override the phone's default for

1) noise suppression
2) echo cancellation

Turning off noise suppression makes a huge difference. Still sounds like **** compared to every other phone I've had in the last 5 years but it's improved greatly.

Thinking back, the times when people complained about the call quality on my end, I'm pretty sure my Z2 noise suppression is to blame.

Two things then:

Someone please download "Easy Voice Recorder" and test how a recording sounds. Then disable noise suppression in settings and test again.
Secondly, does any dev know of a way to alter the default noise suppression functionality?

Again, as I have divulged in several threads, I am unlocked, rooted and have lost my DRM keys. If this is not an issue for anyone else I'm wondering if it could have something to do with that...someone please take a minute and test this for me..Thanks.