[OTA] [KITKAT] For 98.18.94 stock phones

Search This thread

ckfalls

Aug 4, 2010
Washington, DC
Bumping this guy as I am in an almost identical situation. I have messed with the system apps as well and so as far as I can tell I also need to unroot/return to stock 98.18.94 somehow, I couldnt find the right file either. I have a LOCKED bootloader and I would prefer not to bother with unlocking if possible, but its starting to look like I might have to unlock on these later android versions just to return to stock?

Update: I'm impatient...

I tried flashing the .30 a 2nd and 3rd time and in the third time it took like a charm. I'd say try to adb the .30 a few times and see if it completes. I too was locked and on .18 and once the .30 took I didn't even have to finish the steps in this thread. The ota "check for updates is unavailable" message stopped, and 4.4.2 dl'd and installed no problem.

N.B.: if you are on .18 or .30 you can't unlock bootloader is my understanding (which blow, I really miss good custom ROMs). Also, once .30 flash takes you will have lost root, worked for me. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

Gblake13

Oct 13, 2011
I got the update, you're not missing anything by not taking it. Half my apps force close and my wifi doesn't work for crap now. Just like every update I kinda wish I'd never taken it.

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

misal6666

Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
i have unlocked razr m and i am running official 4.1.2

if i update it to 4.4.2 do i have to unlock the phone to work with all sim cards again??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had my phone download this and then just copied it off. My phones build was 98.18.94. Not sure what the difference between this and 98.30 is. I'm rooted so I haven't installed it but it's here for anyone that wants it. My phone downloaded a different version than I found online. It was version 182.46.10XT907.Verizon.en.US. I don't know what other phone builds it will work with. Either way use at your own discretion.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxU6nmErI6QFS0M1Z0o3QmlrTmM/edit?usp=sharing

Posting updates on how to use this thru the stock recovery.
    This is how it is supposed to be used:
    1 - Flash LATEST stock SBF of JB thru RSD. (Android 4.1.2
    Blur_Version.98.30.1.XT907.Verizon.en.US)
    2 - After RSD flash reboot phone on stock recovery and proceed to install update from SD card, here select the file that is provided at the beginning of the thread.
    3 - After this first flash completes, phone is going to reboot in recovery again, to open the menu of this specific recovery, the combo of the buttons is power + vol up.
    4 - proceed to install from sd card again and select the same file that you selected on the second step.
    5 - Wait for it to finish
    6 - Wipe data/factory reset
    7 - Select restart system, Phone will restart in KK, enjoy guys.

Keep in mind that you have to follow the explanation at the beggining of the thread or this one, if you dont follow this steps like this, you wont be able to install this update or you wont be able to finish installing the update.
    Hey, do y'all realize that the build number in the 2 different ota's should indicate the build you need to be on before you apply it!!!

The thread to read! http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/45494-how-to-xt926-upgrade-to-kitkat-ota/

Evidence? http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52727858&postcount=584
    The recoveries are different.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52684776&postcount=1
    HD thread just to show how the OTA should be applied (HD users have a better handle on the issues). Use the M versions of which there are 2 different ones also. Note the HD op is only talking about the recovery IMG for each OTA but nevertheless respecting each OTA & using them as Moto, albeit subtly, intended could go a long way.
    I RSD to .30 (you have a choice of .30 or .18 when you download the xml file. I was on .18 before but RSD to .30)
    RSD did get rid of root
    I will be try to re-root some time today (found a process and I'll see if it works)

I'm rooted. Go to #4 post here for how I did it.
    its taking time still stuck on patch system files. any quick ideas how much time will it take? i am getting worried had my battery 70% :rolleyes:

Edit: Okay so it went through patching system files please be patient guys. :D now its on Unpacking new files

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

hello, i wanna ask some question..

my xt907 is:
    - Rooted
    - Unlocked bootloader
    - Using CWM Recovery
    - Removed some bloatware (such as verizon apps) using titanium backup
    - my current version is 98.16.1.XT907.Verizon.en.US
    - and im living in Jakarta, Indonesia

i bought this phone from online shop and it always has popups telling about Install Update -> "Update (98.16.3.en.US) has been downloaded and is ready to install." and has two option either to install later or install now.

until now i always to ignore the updates by clicking "install later". But since the official kitkat released i feel like i want to try to update to that official kitkat stock rom.

i have some question because i feel confuse how is the right way to update to the official kitkat:

1. How can i update to the official kitkat? should i install the update "Update (98.16.3.en.US)" first? and then after that checking the system updates again and found new kitkat update?

2. Is it true that xt907 phone with removed bloatware always failed on updating the update?

3. Can someone help me give the full elaborated tutorial how am i supposed to do with my phone if i want to install the official kitkat?

4. And the last, if someone here already update to kitkat and backup the rom with recovery. and share the backup here. Can i use the backup and restore it with CWM Recovery?

sorry for too much asking, and thanks in advance to everybody for helping me here :) :D

Just downlaod the JB firmware and flash it thorugh RSD LITE your phone will be on the factory state then you can update your phone to KK by OTA or manually by following this thread's methods. my phone was rooted on stock JB so i had to do the same procedure. Hope this helps