[Q] Questions on the boot Animation on captivate.

Search This thread
I just rooted my Samsung Captivate w/ Framaroot :D and i need some help on what to do and what not to do with root. i have never rooted anything before. I wanna change the boot animation and statusbar using Rom Toolbox pro but i'm worried that changing the boot animation and statusbar icons will damage or brick my device. Is it possible to brick your device if you do not install a boot anim correctly? :confused:

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
I just rooted my Samsung Captivate w/ Framaroot :D and i need some help on what to do and what not to do with root. i have never rooted anything before. I wanna change the boot animation and statusbar using Rom Toolbox pro but i'm worried that changing the boot animation and statusbar icons will damage or brick my device. Is it possible to brick your device if you do not install a boot anim correctly? :confused:

No, changing the bootanim is quite simple. Just need to replace it in your system/media with the right permissions, reboot and enjoy.

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

Kashif.Ali

Sep 6, 2012

1. open "Root Explorer". Accept any Superuser requests.
2. Navigate to where you downloaded the "bootanimation.zip" file. Copy (or cut) it.
3. Navigate as far up as you can into your root directory, and then Goto /system/media/, mount it in r/w mode.
4. Paste your "bootanimation.zip" file or replace it into /system/media/ (it must be named bootanimation.zip)
5. Change permissions as below. >>> rw- r-- r-- <<<
6. Reboot and enjoy!

Galaxy S5 Bootanimation Here

Sippay

Aug 21, 2013
Get CyanogenMod 11 or 10 and install it, you can go to settings and change the theme, boot animation etc .you could also use ROM toolbox pro to download new themes
e7usypa7.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I897

KruciFFF

Oct 25, 2013
Bangalore
Actually, changing bootanimation or transparent status bar is just an additional feature of rooting your device. Come out of Stock Rom and try some of the Custom Roms like C-Rom/Resurrection/Captivating or atleast latest Cyangoen Mod roms, you'll be amazed to know what your captivate is capable of! :D

Cheers!:good:

Actually, changing bootanimation or transparent status bar is just an additional feature of rooting your device. Come out of Stock Rom and try some of the Custom Roms like C-Rom/Resurrection/Captivating or atleast latest Cyangoen Mod roms, you'll be amazed to know what your captivate is capable of! :D

Cheers!:good:

Sorry For such a Late Response, my samsung is like the slowest thing on earth. Different roms will most likely make it worse

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, changing the bootanim is quite simple. Just need to replace it in your system/media with the right permissions, reboot and enjoy.