[Q] No LTE issue

Search This thread

donnydotter

Oct 9, 2010
I have an AT&T HTC One M7 and I haven't had any LTE connectivity since I got it. I downloaded the appropriate radios and ll that nonsense. it's currently running the ViperOne rom, its bootloader is unlocked, and it is rooted. I am almost positive this phone is supposed to support LTE which is why I'm so confused. Any help at all is appreciated.

I restored to stock several times but the the best speeds I can get are HSPA+

This is pretty frustrating so I'll take any help I can get.

Thanks in advance

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I have an AT&T HTC One M7 and I haven't had any LTE connectivity since I got it. I downloaded the appropriate radios and ll that nonsense. it's currently running the ViperOne rom, its bootloader is unlocked, and it is rooted. I am almost positive this phone is supposed to support LTE which is why I'm so confused. Any help at all is appreciated.

I restored to stock several times but the the best speeds I can get are HSPA+

This is pretty frustrating so I'll take any help I can get.

Thanks in advance

in the bootloader does you phone say M7_U or M7_UL only the UL have LTE

donnydotter

Oct 9, 2010
Dial *#*#4636#*#* and Change Preferred Network Type to one with LTE

Mine is set to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto

Sorry I'm a noob, but all I see when I type that is Phone information, battery information, usage statistics, and wi-fi information.
Would you be able to step by step it for me? I really appreciate it.

donnydotter

Oct 9, 2010
yeah the network decides ...are you using a t-mobile sim ?

No I am using an AT&T sim that I got from the store about a week ago. I was able to get it on to the GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto after turning off the radio, switching it, and turning it back on, but still no LTE

Went back in, and it's back to WCDMA preferred

Last edited:

donnydotter

Oct 9, 2010
Alright it's been awhile now and I still don't have LTE connectivity. How do I find out which radio I need and how do I find my MD5 or whatever so I can help someone here help me? Thanks in advance

miketamm

Jul 14, 2012
I'm having the same issue on a stock rom. It just started a few days ago. Switching it under phone information menu only works for a short time as it switches it back to wdcma preferred. I called CS and they opened a tech ticket. I'm certain this will go unresolved as most calls to CS do. I do have an older SIM so I was thinking of swapping the SIM. My wife has a HTC One M8 and hers doesn't experience the same issue.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I'm having the same issue on a stock rom. It just started a few days ago. Switching it under phone information menu only works for a short time as it switches it back to wdcma preferred. I called CS and they opened a tech ticket. I'm certain this will go unresolved as most calls to CS do. I do have an older SIM so I was thinking of swapping the SIM. My wife has a HTC One M8 and hers doesn't experience the same issue.

yes a new sim provisioned for LTE would most likely help

miketamm

Jul 14, 2012
While I was waiting for a response I put the sim in a galaxy s3 and it worked perfect. Do you still think it might be the sim? Thanks

miketamm

Jul 14, 2012
If I put in it airplane mode and then back to normal it seems work that way it should. So what is different about airplane mode versus turning the radio off and then back on? Turning the radio off and then back on does not work.