Too much ram consumption

Search This thread

kalim_714

Aug 20, 2014
So after installing viper one 2.1 on my m8, my phone is showing too much used ram. Even though there is no app running and also i force stopped them, my phone would still show 1.3 Gb consumed ram. Thanks

mr.loverlover

Jun 23, 2014
Well, that's just the viperone rom, you shouldn't be surprised. All the features included in this rom need ram.

Sent from HTC One m8, or maybe not anymore

kalim_714

Aug 20, 2014
what are you "saving" the RAM for?

Its there to be used, and most developers will tell you that using as much ram as you have is a good thing, so no, its not a problem
Problem starts when I run few apps at a time. Game, browsing etc., the phone slows down, lags and all. I ain't no expert but what good is 2 Gb ram if It can't run apps smoothly.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
there are few, if any complaints anywhere on the internet about this phone ever lagging; close your game when you are done with it, and see if that makes things better.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
no just close your games when you aren't playing them..hardly means you have to run "minimum" apps..

I have about 9 programs running in the background, and I have over 400 mb of free ram on my phone..no lag at all

D

Darth

Use Greenify to hibernate a few high ram users. Especially games that don't close properly.

But as said already... Android/Linux is built to run with a lot of the ram used always. This makes task switching quick and normally doesn't create issue, quite the opposite... Usually makes things open quickly.

But large games that are kept in memory is probably not a great thing. ;)

I Greenify all games and anything else that hurts performance or my battery. But that's a short list on my phone.

D

Darth

Browsers use more ram as their cache size increases. It's normal. Android will boot older cached apps out of memory when it needs more space.

Stop worrying and start enjoying your device. It's working as intended. :)

kalim_714

Aug 20, 2014
Use Greenify to hibernate a few high ram users. Especially games that don't close properly.

But as said already... Android/Linux is built to run with a lot of the ram used always. This makes task switching quick and normally doesn't create issue, quite the opposite... Usually makes things open quickly.

I Greenify all games and anything else that hurts performance or my battery. But that's a short list on my phone.
I'll give it a go. Thanks

kalim_714

Aug 20, 2014

My phone is much faster now. Thank you very much

kalim_714

Aug 20, 2014

My phone is much faster now. Thank you very much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what are you "saving" the RAM for?

Its there to be used, and most developers will tell you that using as much ram as you have is a good thing, so no, its not a problem