A few issues with new device. Are they normal?

Search This thread

zkyevolved

Apr 17, 2008
Hey guys. This is the first device I've owned since the Galaxy Note 2, which was a great device in my opinion. I just got the z2 after extensive searching for a new phone. I couldn't decide between the m8 the z2 and the lumia 930. As photography was important for me I decided on this phone.

Anyways, I just got my phone today and I immediately noticed some oddities and I'd like to know if they're normal or if I should just return it for another. This is batch 14w28, so that means it was made in July.

The first is the volume for notifications... I can't hear them if I'm not paying attention to my phone! The volume is really low. I went into the options and raised the volume all the way up and still the same thing even though it's better. Very low

Build quality is good, but with the volume at max and using speakerphone or music or anything, I can feel the inside of the phone resonate or the sound moving around in there. Very awkward to be honest.

Phone quality. I hear a tinny sound in the background when someone speaks through the ear piece... Is this normal?

I love this device! It's gorgeous and runs very quickly! I'm very happy to get rid of Samsung for a while. Their devices were too cartoony, and I've had a lot of Samsung decides!

Well, please let me know. Thank you very much. Kind regards.

I've searched around and found these issues separately... But all together, is this normal?

Last edited:

blyndfyre

May 26, 2013
Calgary
Hey guys. This is the first device I've owned since the Galaxy Note 2, which was a great device in my opinion. I just got the z2 after extensive searching for a new phone. I couldn't decide between the m8 the z2 and the lumia 930. As photography was important for me I decided on this phone.

Anyways, I just got my phone today and I immediately noticed some oddities and I'd like to know if they're normal or if I should just return it for another. This is batch 14w28, so that means it was made in July.

The first is the volume for notifications... I can't hear them if I'm not paying attention to my phone! The volume is really low. I went into the options and raised the volume all the way up and still the same thing even though it's better. Very low

Build quality is good, but with the volume at max and using speakerphone or music or anything, I can feel the inside of the phone resonate or the sound moving around in there. Very awkward to be honest.

Phone quality. I hear a tinny sound in the background when someone speaks through the ear piece... Is this normal?

I love this device! It's gorgeous and runs very quickly! I'm very happy to get rid of Samsung for a while. Their devices were too cartoony, and I've had a lot of Samsung decides!

Well, please let me know. Thank you very much. Kind regards.

I've searched around and found these issues separately... But all together, is this normal?

Regarding Low notification volume: I believe only one speaker is utilized for notifications on stock ROM. There are mods available to both boost the volume as well as activate both speakers for notifications. Very simple too, just look on the first page of the Android Development section, or click here.

Regarding resonating and tinny sound: I do not experience this at all. My phone actually sounds quite nice playing back music through the speakers. I think you might want to have that looked at, but first try this: Go to Settings > Sound > Sound effects > Enable ClearAudio+

Last edited:

zkyevolved

Apr 17, 2008
Regarding Low notification volume: I believe only one speaker is utilized for notifications on stock ROM. There are mods available to both boost the volume as well as activate both speakers for notifications. Very simple too, just look on the first page of the Android Development section, or click here.

Regarding resonating and tinny sound: I do not experience this at all. My phone actually sounds quite nice playing back music through the speakers. I think you might want to have that looked at, but first try this: Go to Settings > Sound > Sound effects > Enable ClearAudio+
Thank you very much for your reply. I'm going to enable the option you mentioned... For example, playing music I put my finger to the right of the NFC icon and I can feel the vibrations within the phone. Is that normal?

In regards to the notification sounds, I don't know. I'll see how it develops. Thank you for your reply, really.

zkyevolved

Apr 17, 2008
I'll try a call again in a few. I changed a few other options. Let's see how it works! Because sound in a voice call sounds weird. But through speakerphone it all sounds great. I found the option for xloud and it worked and now it's tolerable. Thanks for your reply. ?

zkyevolved

Apr 17, 2008
Well just in case someone is interested, Amazon is sending me a new device and taking back this one. Let's see if it still has the same voice quality! I'll report back. ?

zkyevolved

Apr 17, 2008
Well, I had a second one... It squeaked next to the sony logo ... I felt like I was going to crush it every time I was on the phone.

Third one came, thought it was perfect. I hold it to make calls, all is fine. I let go to make calls and hold it with my head and shoulder while I type out a message or wash my hands or whatever... "Kent... KENT!? Hello!? Are you there?" it apparently makes a noise like it's hanging up or static...

I don't know if I'm going to ask for a 4th phone. Sony has some serious problems. 2 of these 3 phones were W19, the other W29 (or 28, I don't remember). Amazon said to wait until they're out of stock to get devices from a different batch... Arg...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also enable Dynamic normaliser in the sound settings can increase volume a bit. Also check out viper for android from here It's an awesome app m8:good: