[Q] phone bought off random guy

Search This thread

pcguy101

Sep 4, 2014
ihi im new here and i was wondering if some one can amswer me one question. can the person still report the phone stolen after i registered phone with at&t i just sign up today on post paid no contract plan?

warfenix

Jan 17, 2011
I would yes depending on the circumstances. IF it was sold and payment was not received/revoked I could see it being possible. But if it was clean and there is proof of purchase/receipt of payment then no.

Best guess.

pcguy101

Sep 4, 2014
I would yes depending on the circumstances. IF it was sold and payment was not received/revoked I could see it being possible. But if it was clean and there is proof of purchase/receipt of payment then no.

Best guess.

Thanks i bought it free and clear from the guy but a liitle skeptical since my buddy bought a iphone 5 and later it became useless and disabled the sim and suspended his line of serves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

warfenix

Jan 17, 2011
Thanks i bought it free and clear from the guy but a liitle skeptical since my buddy bought a iphone 5 and later it became useless and disabled the sim and suspended his line of serves.

I would call the att service center and ask to be sure. Did you get a bill of sales at all even through it was free
(should always get one)

pcguy101

Sep 4, 2014
I would call the att service center and ask to be sure. Did you get a bill of sales at all even through it was free
(should always get one)
No i dont have one , he seem honest and had kids with him bit who knows desperate people do this type of stuff but i'm just asking i thought if you register your phone with at&t it becomes yours.

warfenix

Jan 17, 2011
No i dont have one , he seem honest and had kids with him bit who knows desperate people do this type of stuff but i'm just asking i thought if you register your phone with at&t it becomes yours.

Eh... possible. I would imagine that since it was allowed to be registered you should be fine. I would call att like I said and ask them specifically.

Reactions: pcguy101

Kamau54

Mar 30, 2011
From where the wind begins....
You really should listen to that inner voice next time, because you seem hesitant now, and you were probably then. It may all be just fine, but next time, remember Swappa, Amazon or eBay.
Good luck

Sent from where the wind begins....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Eh... possible. I would imagine that since it was allowed to be registered you should be fine. I would call att like I said and ask them specifically.