[technical] Troubles upgrading?!?

Search This thread

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
Well i dont have a device so i cant provide much info, but wanted to start a thread of problems and possible solutions...

So i will kick it off.. A friend of mine just messaged me said he acquired a post-production kaiser and wanted to install the ATT rom on it... however when he does it just says could not flash handheld or whatever or its not compatible...it goes to bootloader, gets to around 1% and then stops and phone restarts...

swtaltima

Mar 16, 2007
Long Beach
Well i dont have a device so i cant provide much info, but wanted to start a thread of problems and possible solutions...

So i will kick it off.. A friend of mine just messaged me said he acquired a post-production kaiser and wanted to install the ATT rom on it... however when he does it just says could not flash handheld or whatever or its not compatible...it goes to bootloader, gets to around 1% and then stops and phone restarts...

Well I'm probably going to catch a beating for this but has anybody has the BALLS to hard spl the kaiser with the hermes version. I realize saying this is obvious is an understatement but I would venture to say that most people would be to scared to try. I have a solid connection at a cingy cough...cough I mean at&t store that has switched out 8525's for me without question so I may try if I can get my hands on one. The way I see it I have to start contributing at some point LOL :D

T

Tr1gg3R

I would guess it is due to a CID lock...

But then again, what do I know :p

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
I would guess it is due to a CID lock...

But then again, what do I know :p

if it was cid lock you generally get the "invalid vendor" code.. He specifically stated it wasnt that error... but that was my first thought also... not to mention it should be unlocked at least for the first flash since its HTC branded..

although we did discover that a hard reset is done the same way as the hermes, 2 soft keys + reset ... couldnt find how to put it in bootloader though

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
It is due to CID lock.
To put in bootloader hold camera + power and reset with stylus.

I got my kaiser today, I'll start to work on a CID unlocker soon :)

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
It is due to CID lock.
To put in bootloader hold camera + power and reset with stylus.

I got my kaiser today, I'll start to work on a CID unlocker soon :)

thanks for the insight pof, i couldnt tell for sure since i dont actually this device yet.. hopefully i can get my hands on one soon..