[REQ] Gtalk with Video over 3G/H+ AT&T

Search This thread
Looking for a modded version of Gtalk that allows video over 3G/H+. I can make Skype video calls on the connection so there's no reason its not possible on Gtalk. If anyone has the know how it would be highly appreciated!

I'm assuming some code would have to be modified that allows AT&T to block the connection when its being made. That or Gtalk has code blocking connections without Wi-Fi. Either way I'm sure it can be changed, just don't have the know how.

Thanks
Zane

SQLITE didn't work for me - But gtalkenabler in the Play store works!

Last edited:

Raspster

Jun 21, 2007
I beleive this is a restriction thru at&t. I don't remember EVER seeing a modded version of gtalk that will allow video calling over at&t's 3g/4g HSPA network. Even with the modded version for gingerbread, it never worked 100% with video over 3g for at&t. Someone told me it's something with at&t that is blocking this. Also, you need to be rooted for a modded version of gtalk to be installed.

krohnjw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 17, 2007
Plainfield
I beleive this is a restriction thru at&t. I don't remember EVER seeing a modded version of gtalk that will allow video calling over at&t's 3g/4g HSPA network. Even with the modded version for gingerbread, it never worked 100% with video over 3g for at&t. Someone told me it's something with at&t that is blocking this. Also, you need to be rooted for a modded version of gtalk to be installed.

There's no reason to mod the APK. Just override it in the gservices DB (root needed)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13389675&postcount=24

Raspster

Jun 21, 2007
FYI - Last update to one x is now allowing GTalk video over wifi with no root needed. It must have been the 1.28 update because I was NOT able to get this working until I just tried it again after the update. I am NOT rooted also. This is real good news. - FYI - This is NOT working in other phones from at&t as it's still not working on my friends vivid with ICS update. Atleast for non-rooted people.