Freeing Up Internal Memory Is Like...

Search This thread

neverwinter

Oct 4, 2007
...freeing up space on your HDD from 1995. We are juggling with megabytes, not gigabytes... has anyone ever noticed that?

neverwinter

Oct 4, 2007
Well, I mean that some of us might feel that we don't have much space when we are only given less than 512MB of memory... if we were given 4GB of RAM, then most of us who do have problems would not...

leots

Apr 13, 2012
It should at least have 1 GB of storage *for the user*

Sent from my R800i using XDA

Rogue Leader

Apr 4, 2011
New York
Still... those 1995 hard drive are still gonna work in 50years :)

Quantum fireball 9gig is still powering my ftp server :)

I have a really old PowerMac 7300/200 with a 2 GB HDD that still works :p I use it to play domino!

Sent from my R800i using XDA

In working for years with computers I have to say hard drives are very volatile. If I got more than 5 years or so out of a consumer hard drive up until the past few years I considered it good. Its the only part of your computer (besides fans) that has consistently moving parts.

But its true I do feel like its 1995 again with all this juggling of free space. Its pretty annoying actually

DanielEGVi

Nov 20, 2011
I feel you bro, I got 62mb free on my internal memory, no more than 400mb free in my 8gb SD card and 2gb left on my 270gb HDD, so I definitely won't be using any link2sd thingies any soon, until I buy a new SD card, just because the damn phone nor the sdcard that comes with it doesn't come with any space for your stuff, due to the .android_secure folder occupying like 2gb and a half. It's pretty awkward, yet the phone is worth it.

Maybe I could be a Yottabyte but the internal memory is still pretty small :mad:

Sent from the best gaming android smartphone in the world with the best forum android app in the world ;)

Red_Kop

May 18, 2011
Integrate apps into your rom using tb its awesome frees up so much space

Sent from my R800a using XDA

What does that do exactly?

I'm having a constant battle with internal storage.

I only have a few apps on my internal storage having moved most with APP2SD or Titanium yet it keeps going down.

Flash is like 12MB. But if I move it with Titanium, it tells me it is not installed.

Same with Twitter, If i move it, it doesn't allow me to sign in.

I constantly have 40mb or less free and yet I've got like nothing installed on internal memory. I don't know what's taking up all the space, anyway I can see for definite?

Thanks.

Reactions: baari21

Trooper_Max

Jan 27, 2011

I think he means moving apps from the data partition to the system partition (where your base rom is stored-the stuff that is still there when you wipe data/factory reset), thus freeing up space on your data partition, which is where apps you install normally are stored.

~Troop

neverwinter

Oct 4, 2007

I only have a few apps on my internal storage having moved most with APP2SD or Titanium yet it keeps going down.

Flash is like 12MB. But if I move it with Titanium, it tells me it is not installed.

I constantly have 40mb or less free and yet I've got like nothing installed on internal memory. I don't know what's taking up all the space, anyway I can see for definite?

Thanks.

You could try this: http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/12/12/link2sd-guide-never-worry-about-internal-memory-limits-again/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.