Not eligible for bootloader unlock?

Search This thread

ddyourself

Feb 9, 2011
I bought a boost mobile (USA) moto G yesterday. After I followed every step on moto site, it gives the error

Your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking

What does this mean? Boostmobile device cannot be unlocked, therefore rooted?

please help!

TIA

mailwork

Jan 25, 2012
I got same message but didn't care and pressed the button for unlock code!
My XT1033 is now unlocked and rooted.

mariolcneto

Jan 20, 2011
São Paulo
That's right...

For now there isn't a way and there are no developers here working on it...

And there's no button on the site after the msg... Your device was probably eligible...

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

I bought a boost mobile (USA) moto G yesterday. After I followed every step on moto site, it gives the error

Your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking

What does this mean? Boostmobile device cannot be unlocked, therefore rooted?

please help!

TIA

hey guys i just bought my indian version of moto g and yeah i too had this problem!! but i resolved it now my bootloader is unlocked. the site is a perfect working unlocker but the thing is u may have signed into motorola device id option under settings menu. go there unlink ur account and try in the site again. the signing in from device disallows this unlocking thing. but if u unlink the account i am sure u can unlock ur bootloader!!

ddyourself

Feb 9, 2011
hey guys i just bought my indian version of moto g and yeah i too had this problem!! but i resolved it now my bootloader is unlocked. the site is a perfect working unlocker but the thing is u may have signed into motorola device id option under settings menu. go there unlink ur account and try in the site again. the signing in from device disallows this unlocking thing. but if u unlink the account i am sure u can unlock ur bootloader!!

Thank you! this worked for me.

edukn

Feb 24, 2014
Poços de Caldas
Unlockable Bootloader

Here also fails to more than ten days'm trying to unlock but always says it's not qualifcado not know what else to do. Moto G XT1033.

Apr 30, 2013
Still not getting it.

I owe Moto G xt1033. I've unlincked the moto id from my fone n tried to unlock my device again but nothing is happening. I'm getting the same message I was getting earlier saying not qualified for bootloader unlocking. What sahll I do now? Please help.

mariolcneto

Jan 20, 2011
São Paulo
I owe Moto G xt1033. I've unlincked the moto id from my fone n tried to unlock my device again but nothing is happening. I'm getting the same message I was getting earlier saying not qualified for bootloader unlocking. What sahll I do now? Please help.

Nothing!

Just sit and wait... Hopefully a developer will find an exploit allowing us at least to root it (Like they did on the Moto X)... Or not... I am quite

mariolcneto

Jan 20, 2011
São Paulo
Well, I've tried everything... I even disabled the Motorola apps on my device and I keep getting the message that my phone is not eligible...

Tried with different email accounts on the site and still nothing...

It is supposed to be easy if they allowed it... This is my sixth android device and the first which I couldn't unlock the bootloader...

And I know that my case isn't the only one... I'll try the forums to see if I get anything different...

Update:

After going through their forum, they instructed peaople tto send them an email with the fastboot oem get_unlock_data and the fastboot getvar all, as they are constantly having probles with the system... Just did that and will post if I get anything...

Last edited:

draco259

Nov 1, 2010
It took about 2 days after I got my Moto G for it to let me unlock it. Then, without me doing anything different it worked :)

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

mariolcneto

Jan 20, 2011
São Paulo
There really was a problem with my device...

They are replacing it and I'll let you know when I get it...

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use Internet Explorer all works . Chrome not working.
    I signed in with the google account on the device and it worked. :fingers-crossed:

That worked.
    double check the code

I was getting the dreaded error message too, but got it to work finally. The reason I think why it didn't work for some then later it did is because, like me people aren't entering their bootloader code into the website correctly

Copying and pasting from CMD (love linux) is tricky. What I did to make sure I got the code in a single line was to copy the code as a single line into wordpad first. To make it very clear you can change the page type under page setup to Legal and turn it landscape to give you lots of room to paste the long code. Then copy the code as a single line from wordpad into the website.

:eek: worked for me :good:
    Tried it all... It doesn't work, I'm telling you...

Finally got it to work.

I was having the same problem, not eligible to be unlocked.
    I unlinked the motorola user id in the settings on the phone and logged in the website with the motorola id and it worked.
    Every other time I tried logging in with my google account it would not work.
    I also scrolled through the entire privacy policy and clicked I agree.