Unlock phone, sim, root, odin, flash cwm, flash twrp, use your "unique key", wtf?

Search This thread

juntjoo

Apr 23, 2007
Moto G Power
Unlock phone, sim, root, odin, flash cwm, flash twrp, use your "unique key", wtf?

Excuse me. I do this a couple times every year or so and I'm still confused as to what's going on? And why do I have to keep doing it? I just got a new AIO sim card and it requires some code to unlock. Does that mean my phone unrooted itself when I flashed the latest stock rom in here, which btw finally a fully functional ROM, go figure... And what's the difference between using odin and this code sequence from the dialer method I found somewhere where you punch in a long *#blablabla# code which puts you in the matrix where you do a little dance here and there then viola your sim is unlocked? Anyway, if these are all unrelated, what is this unlocking my sim business and when the heck does rooting actually occur within the maze of steps Odin takes you. And why all this after I flashed the stock rom? It's supposed to retain your rooted state still no?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Excuse me. I do this a couple times every year or so and I'm still confused as to what's going on? And why do I have to keep doing it? I just got a new AIO sim card and it requires some code to unlock. Does that mean my phone unrooted itself when I flashed the latest stock rom in here, which btw finally a fully functional ROM, go figure... And what's the difference between using odin and this code sequence from the dialer method I found somewhere where you punch in a long *#blablabla# code which puts you in the matrix where you do a little dance here and there then viola your sim is unlocked? Anyway, if these are all unrelated, what is this unlocking my sim business and when the heck does rooting actually occur within the maze of steps Odin takes you. And why all this after I flashed the stock rom? It's supposed to retain your rooted state still no?

So let me see if I understand your statement. You flashed another ROM... and then got a new SIM for your phone, but when you turned it on it will ask you for an unlock code? Rooting and unlocking are two different things, you can be rooted and not unlocked... so what you need to do is follow the unlocking method. Or... I don't seem to understand what you mean, can you be a little more specific?

juntjoo

Apr 23, 2007
Moto G Power
Sorry. It's confusing. I'm stuck at the sim unlocking part, where you can put in a code from the dialer as shown here: xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024514

Unless you know your unique code to unlock your sim whatever that means. So I should still be rooted but now somehow still locked or something? Or is it just the sim that is locked? I'm fine with my old tmobile sim/account in place as in as I'm writing this, but as soon as I pop in my aio sim, back to that thread but id need to install uvle1 but b4 I do all that I just want to know what and why I am doing. Should I continue? What exactly will I be doing? Thanks

treefrog321

Apr 13, 2011
Sounds like right now your phone is carrier-locked; i.e. your phone will not work with a sim card for a network other than T-mobile's. Rooting will not unlock your phone for use with another carrier's sim card, however, the instructions in the thread you linked in your post will. If you really want to use that AIO sim card without paying for an unlock code from T-mobile or some other source, then the instructions in that thread are probably the best way to make it work. UVLE1 identifies particular modem/radio firmware and stock ROM that needs to be installed on the T989 in order to have access to the menu items required for the unlocking process. You can switch to the most recent radio or any ROM of your choice afterward without losing the ability of an unlocked phone.

D

Darth

My friend, you have a lot of studying to do....I'm sorry, but you seem awfully confused. No insults intended.

Please read all the stickies and then some.... before you attempt anything on your device. Very bad things can happen if you don't understand what you are doing and exactly how to do it. :)

Good luck!

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

2 search terms for Google will answer everything too.

One: how unlock t989 free XDA

Two: how root t989 xda

Those will get you started. ?

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

juntjoo

Apr 23, 2007
Moto G Power
Okay in up to speed now on all this. I've known this stuff at different points in my PDA phone assisted life but due to my own RAM deficiency i easily forget this stuff. Especially since I only learn it over a few days of the year.

Anyway, I forgot I never unlocked my phone because I never even needed to till now. My phone had always been rooted as I've been swapping ROMs for a while now. Well I'll go work on that solution now. Thanks for the replies

Last edited:

dhopeboyrobby

Jan 1, 2015
unlocking a china phone

please i need help on how to sim unlock a china phone
name:mizhi
model number:mz6 note
YunOS version:3.0.1
firmware:3.0.1-F-20150421.9035L
Baseband:MTK6595
kernel:3.4.67 SMP PREEMPT
BUILD VERSION:T1786DN_XKCKJ_W1_ALIYUN_SEC_V1.0.4_USER_r16059
would be glad if someone can give me information on how to sim unlock this phone.i bought it in china and came to another country.its dual sim

Reactions: louie13

Nezz244

Nov 22, 2018
Good day my phone is not connecting to any network. When I insert my sim card it just writes emergency calls only... it doesn't even prompt me for the sim unlock code....plz help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    unlocking a china phone

please i need help on how to sim unlock a china phone
    name:mizhi
    model number:mz6 note
    YunOS version:3.0.1
    firmware:3.0.1-F-20150421.9035L
    Baseband:MTK6595
    kernel:3.4.67 SMP PREEMPT
    BUILD VERSION:T1786DN_XKCKJ_W1_ALIYUN_SEC_V1.0.4_USER_r16059
    would be glad if someone can give me information on how to sim unlock this phone.i bought it in china and came to another country.its dual sim