Google Apps without root?

Search This thread

Hzu

Nov 13, 2010
Since we have the stock recovery, is it possible to flash the Google Apps through the stock recovery or do we still need root access for the stock recovery to be able to flash custom ZIPs? Or is the stock recovery only flashes ZIPs signed by Nokia?

I want to have Google Play on my Nokia X but I don't want to waste my warranty just yet since I'll be out of home for a long time. Just in case, as an insurance, sort of.

Thank you in advance.

Dom3616

May 7, 2013
Karachi
Since we have the stock recovery, is it possible to flash the Google Apps through the stock recovery or do we still need root access for the stock recovery to be able to flash custom ZIPs? Or is the stock recovery only flashes ZIPs signed by Nokia?

I want to have Google Play on my Nokia X but I don't want to waste my warranty just yet since I'll be out of home for a long time. Just in case, as an insurance, sort of.

Thank you in advance.

Yes you can. Use Nokia X Toolikt right here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2712360

Choose Option 12. It'll boot you into CWM. Mount System via Mounts and Storage. Choose Install Zip. There you'll find g-apps zip. Flash them. Then choose reboot recovery. It'll ask you for fixing something. Just choose No. :)
Done :)

Or simply use Nokia X Manager. ;)

Last edited:

Hzu

Nov 13, 2010
Yes, I discovered that right I posted this. But thanks anyway.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, are you able to watch 720p videos smoothly? Because I can't. And I'm sure hardware isn't the issue as my older Xperia X10 was able to watch 720p even smoother than on this Nokia X.

Dom3616

May 7, 2013
Karachi
Yes, I discovered that right I posted this. But thanks anyway.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, are you able to watch 720p videos smoothly? Because I can't. And I'm sure hardware isn't the issue as my older Xperia X10 was able to watch 720p even smoother than on this Nokia X.

Umm, maybe you are watching it in a different format? :)