[SoftKeyZ] HTC One M8 compatibility

Search This thread

teddyearp

Jul 27, 2009
ted.servepics.com

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
So, even though it says for all, it should not be a valid link???? I thought "for all" implied for the public, or the rest of us, or for all.

As he isn't the developer, he is also not allowed to post links to something he didn't develop. The original application Thread does provide links.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

teddyearp

Jul 27, 2009
ted.servepics.com
As he isn't the developer, he is also not allowed to post links to something he didn't develop. The original application Thread does provide links.

Now I am really confused. The links to which I referred were contained within quotes of you, the OP and developer of this mod; or so I thought. What am I missing? Did I somehow make a mistake wherein the (dead) link was contained within one of your posts which I quoted?

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
Now I am really confused. The links to which I referred were contained within quotes of you, the OP and developer of this mod; or so I thought. What am I missing? Did I somehow make a mistake wherein the (dead) link was contained within one of your posts which I quoted?

Oh now I see what happend. :'D Sorry. This was really my fault. I never knew that someone actually quoted me. I thought someone reuploaded the apk I offered for testing. I should read more carefully next time :D... Lol.

Anyway you can download the application in the main thread. The dtopbox link is dead, because the main app already has the changes for the HTC M8.

For some reason the search button on the lock screen is themed but not on my home screen. Help?

je4ubeqe.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

glassificate

Sep 11, 2014
I have a rooted m8 with busybox installed, i cannot get softkeyz to work, do i NEED s-off? i would like to have the lollipop keys

gelo01

Sep 18, 2012
Manila
OnePlus 8T
Just a tip:

If you guys went on customizing your navigational bar right after you activated SoftKeyZ without even saving a backup of your default/stock nav bar, you can never get your default/stock one if you decided to roll back and discard all your customizations. I experienced it myself. I didn't make a backup and when i wanted to roll back by clicking the "X" button, yes, it reverted back the look of the default M8 buttons, BUT way too large..

This hasn't mentioned in this thread, i just wanted to share what i did to fully return to stock without dirty flashing my ROM like the OP keeps on telling you guys. After all, there's only one apk file that SoftKeyZ mess up with. It's the SystemUI.apk.

Tl:dr

- Extract from your ROM.zip SystemUI.apk. IIRC, it's located in /system/app or if it isn't there, try in /system/priv-app

- Place the extracted SystemUI.apk on your internal storage/external sd card.

- Copy the extracted SystemUI.apk then paste it on /system/app

- Set proper permissions (i personally use Root Explorer, so it's been automatic for me)

- Finally, reboot your phone, and voila! Profit. No need to reflash/dirty flash your whole ROM. :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

eddiemay6969

Aug 11, 2013
softkeyz

Hey there,

I am the developer of the app "SoftKeyZ". It allows root users to quickly exchange the softbutton themes.

Original Thread: http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/themes-apps/root-softkeyz-apply-mix-softkeys-t2219804/

Since the new ONE uses software navigation buttons, I would like to add support for the HTC one M8.

Since I don't own one, I need your help!

Please answer this Thread if you have A one (m8 and not the Google Edition) and are rooted with access to modify System files. Also please create a full backup of all system files on your device, we might end up in a bootloop.
Can't get the search button to change on my HTC one m8 Verizon. But everything else works great
I

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there,

I am the developer of the app "SoftKeyZ". It allows root users to quickly exchange the softbutton themes.

Original Thread: http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/themes-apps/root-softkeyz-apply-mix-softkeys-t2219804/

Since the new ONE uses software navigation buttons, I would like to add support for the HTC one M8.

Since I don't own one, I need your help!

Please answer this Thread if you have A one (m8 and not the Google Edition) and are rooted with access to modify System files. Also please create a full backup of all system files on your device, we might end up in a bootloop.

EDIT: Thank you. Tests are done.
    I still need someone! ;) *bump*

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
    Well, I expected it to work without any mods needed zo the app itself. Did you try it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

I've attached a log cat that hopefully captured the error. I did try multiple times on the M8 Play Edition