[Q] Starting Fresh - Dual Booting WP7.8 & Android (How)

Search This thread

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
Okay so I've already got a WP7.8 rom installed then reset the phone and entered magldr then split up the partitions properly to be ready for android, then just in case I created an ext4 partition (3 partitions now), butttt now suddenly my card reader won't detect the fat32 for android and in "OTHER" threads about a rom and given "SOME" directions "PEOPLE" won't answer me and just drop off the face of the earth leaving me hanging, THANKS A LOT REAL HELPFUL, so what do I do next also how do I access the ext4 partition in windows to place the recovery files...

Never successfully done this when I originally had a hd2, now that I got one again I wanna try and successfully do this, so all steps and help is appreciated, but please don't just post a link and say follow the steps, cause then I'll have to keep track of and follow 2 more threads and who said what where, so if anything post the proper steps here, that's why this thread is titled starting fresh, cause well lets see most of the tutorials are a few years old on top of it all too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
Is this correct so far? If so I can't figure out why I suddenly can't access that 12Gb fat32 partition.
gWrTcax.png

Or this starting all over again so I have access to the fat32 partition.
CMBptgc.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
the first (top) partition must be fat32
the second is ext4
the third is your wp7 partition
all set to primary

the second screen setup shows up on pc because the first partition is the only one windows can see.
the sd recovery folder is put on the fat32 partition, not the ext4 one, along with your android rom.zip
you then use magldr ad sd dir to select the recovery folder, and boot ad sd.

People have lives other than on xda, it is holiday period too.

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
the first (top) partition must be fat32
the second is ext4
the third is your wp7 partition
all set to primary

the second screen setup shows up on pc because the first partition is the only one windows can see.
the sd recovery folder is put on the fat32 partition, not the ext4 one, along with your android rom.zip
you then use magldr ad sd dir to select the recovery folder, and boot ad sd.

People have lives other than on xda, it is holiday period too.
I got a pretty successful duality going right now, AlphaLion WP7.8 and MIUI JellyBean 2.8.24 even extended data.ext4 to 1.05Gb's with Toporesizer...

Second part being what I was talking about and missing all along the simple copy, paste, set and boot type's of rom's.

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
I got a pretty successful duality going right now, AlphaLion WP7.8 and MIUI JellyBean 2.8.24 even extended data.ext4 to 1.05Gb's with Toporesizer...

Second part being what I was talking about and missing all along the simple copy, paste, set and boot type's of rom's.
If you are using data.ext4, then you are using the sd build (all on fat32), therefore no need for the ext4 partition. If you have created the ext4 partition, i would suggest you install the sd recovery and flash the nativeSD rom. it is sometimes better to re-format the ext4 partition from recovery before flashing, since minitool formatting of ext4 can give problems for some people.