usb tethering cm7

Search This thread

jh20

Aug 11, 2011
for those who are interested, usb tethering works in cm7 nightly 110918. been using this nightly since yesterday and so far everything seems ok, including battery life.

edit: just an update for anyone who might be here reading this thread. ever since i tried updating to a newer nightly, 110921, usb tethering doesn't work anymore, no matter what i tried. even tried nandroid backup to 110918 still no go. i got a feeling i might have to restore my pc windows back to before the usb tethering install for it to work again :(

Last edited:

xpress7

Jul 8, 2011
I dont know whether u have tried or not, but i have been using USB tethering from so many nightlies before, even with RC 1.5.. It is working flawlessly for me.. I am using my 3G connection to access internet from my computer.. :)

The only problem is Overheating.. around 43C.. :(

xpress7

Jul 8, 2011
It worked for me with RC 1.5 without any problems.. Currently I am on 110914 nightly, usb tethering working normally... :)

I am using Battery Monitor Widget... Search in the market and install it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jh20

jh20

Aug 11, 2011
just came from reading this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1173885

i didn't know i was supposed to do step 1, "enable usb debugging mode". was that the reason why i couldn't get it to work before the nightly 110918?

sorry i'm too lazy to go back and try since it's working now with the 110918 :)

Zephyrot

Dec 29, 2008
Stuttgart
The temp Skyrockets cause the CPU stays at high load always.

I found using Smartass profile + screen off works amazingly good and the phone stays cold when using tethering :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It worked for me with RC 1.5 without any problems.. Currently I am on 110914 nightly, usb tethering working normally... :)

I am using Battery Monitor Widget... Search in the market and install it.