Anyone been using their S2 without a case for long time?

Search This thread

Slow N Stupid

Dec 10, 2011
just want to add that.. scratches doesnt always come from dropping... i use my SGS2 with screen protector and metal bumper case (just for the feel/look XD) so for about the case as i mentioned it just for the look.. i have big hand (i think) so the SGS2 feels really small (like i am holding onto nothing >.>) so i bought the taurus metal bumper case... since i have 100% confident that i wont ever drop it (never dropped a phone in my life and owned maybe 9?) anyhow enough of side story... i have screen protector from zagg if i remember correctly... and well one day i was picking up my little brother from kindergarten and i dont know maybe some sand went into my pocket.. later on when i took my SGS2 out the screen was mess up >.> the protector is well placed and didnt slide off or anything.... but the protector looked like someone had rubbed a sandpaper on it for long long time... later on i took the protector off and the screen was unscratched (thank god) and bought a replacement

so yea... depending on situation your pocket might as well be the screen killer

markp1989

Feb 2, 2011
London / Swindon
I use a case and screen saver for a couple of reasons:

1. my case has a flap/cover to cover the usb port, getting dust in ports annoys me, I am really looking forward to inductive charging becoming a standard. so I don't have to worry about plugging and unplugging things every time I charge it

2. screen protector is pretty important to me as I sometimes acidently put my keys or change in the same pocket as my phone, my last screen protector had a 1/2 inch scratch on it , when I took the protector of the screen looked like it did the day I brought it. I have applied a new screen protector which currently has a few marks on it

3. as the camera is raised slightly, without a case I would be scared of scratching the lens, my last mobile had a chip on the camera lens which was visible in every single photo I took.

I want to keep the phone "as new" so when I decide to upgrade I can actually sell it for something.

Last edited:

SwannyBhoy

Jan 25, 2012
I had a Galaxy S for a year and I never used any cases and I dropped it ALOT.

The worst I had was a crack on the camera on the case but it did not affect the camera and a new back could replace it.

I have had my S2 for a few months and I used a plastic screen protector you put on and take off and leaves a "coating". I have dropped it quiet alot even in wet conditions and no damage.

So tbh it is well built but if your paranoid about breaking it then there is no harm on having a hard case or flip-flap case.

droid_1989

Dec 6, 2011
Leeds
I'm using a case when i'm not at home and out and about, but i'm not too keen on it, my brother bought me it for Christmas, so not to hurt his feelings i've kept it on, in about 2 months, i'll probably just use it without a case.

I've got insurance anyway with my bank.

deweini

Dec 6, 2011
same here, used it for about 1 year now and even "dropped" while cycling through the city! ><

well, it has few scratches at the lower left side where it hit the concrete, but the screen is fine.

nevertheless i'm thinking of buying the gameboy or Nes case! ^^

madkri

Apr 14, 2011
used to keep my s2 in a barely there case, it's called that because it is not also barely there, but it is barely a good case :D It looks nice, but doesn't give any worthy protection. I dropped my s2 about 4 months ago and broke the screen. It looks ugly, but it works as good as it did before. I don't use a case anymore and i haven't used a screen protector. I have one scratch on it(besides the fact that the screen is broken) and it came after i broke it. Anyway, i'm not being very careful with it since i already broke the screen and because of that i have dropped it a few times. The screen looks ugly, but everything works as a charm :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just be smart about it.

If you're the type of person that expects to drop his phone regularly, you need a case.

This isn't a phone designed to be rugged and tough.

Again, just be smart about it. Know that not using a case is a risk. If you've worked out that the risk is small enough, then go for it.

Personally, I think a $20 case for protecting a $600 device seems to be a good deal. But that's just me.
    Using since last december, very slim and comfortable on my pocket..:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
    I've had mine since august, and dropped it a few feet on a couple instances, most commonly onto the hardwood floor by my bed when fumbling in the morning. Body shows no drop damage and the screen is flawless.

As far as I'm concerned if a device NEEDED a case it should come with it. I'm not about to take one of the slimmest phones (that's already pretty long and wide) and add extra girth to it.