Problem with my Elf: Freezing, restarting...

Search This thread

MCXSC

Oct 28, 2007
Germany
Hi there,

at first: sorry for my bad english. :)

If've some problems with my HTC touch (Elf).

At first the problem:

-> It freeze in different programs, for e.g. on today screen, at new sms incoming, in a phone call, entering pin, and so on.
-> It freeze for 10-20 seconds, then it shut down OR it restarts
-> If it restarts, it freeze sometimes at "Smart mobility" or restarts new
-> If it shutdown, it can't start up for a while (30s - 1 min)
-> ^^ Press soft reset button a couple of times (3...4...5... times) helps
-> Remove and insert akku helps, too
-> The "Smart Mobility" Screen became sometimes a red background and a yellow font
-> Sometimes after the "Smart Mobility"-Screen comes a white screen.

What I've tested to solve the problem:

-> Hard reset
-> Update Radio Rom
-> Update ISPL/SPL
-> Try different Roms ("all" available)
-> Try the "pure" (original HTc9 rom without any installations

Now, some informations about my Elf:

-> Radio Rom 03.12.90 (ASerg_ELF_RADIO_ROM_03.12.90.rar)
-> IPL: 1.11.0002
-> SPL: 1.11.0000
-> Unlocked this IPL/SPL (to install new roms)
-> WM6 .11.407.1G_4.1.13.44_02.94.90 (RUU_Elf_HTC_GER_1.11.407.1G_4.1.13.44_02.94.90_GREEN_Ship.exe)

So one. :( Is there anybody, who has an idea? :(

Last edited:

chopsueyrulez

Sep 17, 2007
I have the same exact problem! Sorry for my bad english to:D!
Let's see if we can understand something about this problem..
I notice the problem is worst when it is hot (the weather, not the phone) and with high humidity, for example when I have the phone in the pocket of the pants.
I have the red start mobility screen to but I didn't find any info about it in internet, what does it mean?:confused:

MCXSC

Oct 28, 2007
Germany
I notice the problem is worst when it is hot (the weather, not the phone) and with high humidity, for example when I have the phone in the pocket of the pants.
No, the phone has a normal weather, i use it, the weather is usually normal but it has the problem.

I have the red start mobility screen to but I didn't find any info about it in internet, what does it mean?:confused:
That was my problem, too.

chopsueyrulez

Sep 17, 2007
I think this is a hardware problem, don't you?
I think I'll send it to assistance when I'll come back from holidays

gronostaj

Jun 24, 2008
Maybe something with battery? Some non-HTC phones had problems like freezing etc. caused by too low voltage on battery

MCXSC

Oct 28, 2007
Germany
Maybe something with battery? Some non-HTC phones had problems like freezing etc. caused by too low voltage on battery
That was that, what I'm thinking about at first. I've think when the problem does starts, and I think it starts, when I was an half an hour in a cold store with my Elf. The akku discharge very fast at the moment. I'll try a new akku.

georgiosr

Nov 22, 2007
I have exactly the same problem on my Elf. Restarting at least 5 times a day. It generally blocks after i receive a phone call.
:-( I have changed 3 Roms so far but still no solution
El Greco

khizar79

Jan 2, 2008
My phone had the same problem. Its work fine on any Custom Rom. But now from last 4-5 days its keep on freezing restarting. I chaged the Rom but no solution. Now i am going to try a Antivirus may be it helps. U guys also try & share ur experiance

karim099

Apr 4, 2007
same here... few weeks a go... random power offs.

few notes:
the phone cannot be turned on again only if the battery is remove for 2-3 secs and put back again

the phone clock freezes in this case. and i should set it again.

anyone having this problem?
i guess it a hardware issue

chopsueyrulez

Sep 17, 2007
Yes the same here, my clock also freeze. I have to remove the battery but not all the time, sometimes it just need a soft reset.
Did someome already try to change the battery?
Nobody noticed that the problem is worst in the hottest part of the day and it gets better in the evening when it's colder?
Anyway, I have this problem since a couple of months and it's getting worst.:(

georgiosr

Nov 22, 2007
Its certainly Very warm here in Malta....
Shall I throw it in the pool.... Maybe thats the only solution.
But then What shall it be my next phone? Diamond... (reading only negative comments)

Hope to find a solution before the Pool Dive!
Elgreco

karim099

Apr 4, 2007
Yes the same here, my clock also freeze. I have to remove the battery but not all the time, sometimes it just need a soft reset.
Did someome already try to change the battery?
Nobody noticed that the problem is worst in the hottest part of the day and it gets better in the evening when it's colder?
Anyway, I have this problem since a couple of months and it's getting worst.:(

yep evening almost no issue...
i also noticed twice when i was tanning:p (long exposure to sunlight) it happens very frequently to the point where i couldt start the phone at all. as soon as processes start to run. it powers off:S!!

chopsueyrulez

Sep 17, 2007
Edit! I found a friend with the htc touch so this afternoon I will test if it's the battery the problem!:) At least we'll know!

chopsueyrulez

Sep 17, 2007
Edit! I found a friend with the htc touch so this afternoon I will test if it's the battery the problem!:) At least we'll know!

:(Bad news.. it's not the battery!
I have a friend that worked for a year in a assistance center, he told me that probably the problem is a condensator on the motherboard that it's not working, so nothing to do.. just warranty

georgiosr

Nov 22, 2007
I Have just fixed my problem of restarting!!
Updated my IPL to 2.26 from 1.11 & the SPL to 1.17 from 1.11
Also installed the new rom: Touch ESSentiaL v1.7 BETA
Been almost 8 hours and no Problem. Also Mobile is 3 times faster!!!!!
Elgreco

khizar79

Jan 2, 2008
I Have just fixed my problem of restarting!!
Updated my IPL to 2.26 from 1.11 & the SPL to 1.17 from 1.11
Also installed the new rom: Touch ESSentiaL v1.7 BETA
Been almost 8 hours and no Problem. Also Mobile is 3 times faster!!!!!
Elgreco

so hows experience with this new Rom. Is your phone working ok.?

khizar79

Jan 2, 2008
Since i install the Battery Status my device working fine. I listen songs for 20-30 min. Also makes call. Its working alright. The temprarue remains from 30-35 C. But the variation in mA is very much. Like some time it indicate 21mA & some times it indicate 420mA. Also shows 190mA, 221mA. Those whose devices are woking fine do they have the same range of mA? or its different. One more this the changes in mA didn't change with the uses of device. I.E if u listen or make calls it rise or fall.

ar_156

Mar 3, 2007
Updated IPL to 2.27.0002 & USPL to 2.28.0000 + Touch ESSentiaL V 1.7, no more freezing or rebooting or "Dark Standby" (Green light blinking as normal standby mode but can't turn on and no receiving calls, must soft reset or reinsert battery to turn on), battery lasts twice time and everything work faster.