Verizon about Jelly Bean

Search This thread

mosfet356

Jan 18, 2012
At Verizon Wireless, only the Galaxy Nexus runs Jelly Bean. Eight other phones ship with ICS: Motorola's Droid Razr M, Droid 4 and Droid Razr Maxx; Samsung's Galaxy S III and Galaxy Stellar; HTC's Rezound and Droid Incredible 4G LTE; LG's Intuition; and the Pantech Marauder. Verizon says it will ship Jelly Bean for the Razr M by the end of the year and, later, for the Galaxy S III. Another eight models ship with Gingerbread.

How is the Razr M getting Jelly Bean before us?

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/10/15/with-android-phones-future-on-hold/

3picide

May 3, 2012
To answer your question: because we're old news. It's not a matter of who has seniority. They're going to put money into their new toy because those are the ones they are trying to push. I doubt they'd care if they didn't sell another original Razr.

And I have to agree, pick a ROM and go nuts. Currently on CM10 and having a blast!

Sent from my XT912 using xda app-developers app

xjman

Feb 12, 2008
People keep buying these Samsung phones expecting Samsung to be right on top of updates. I hate to break this to you, but keylime pie will probably be almost dead by the time we get official JB.

fillyo

Aug 18, 2010
I'm sure we will get a leak soon, someone will get their hands on one.

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
Wish it was that simple but Every JB rom right now has some sort of issue no matter how well people say they run.

What we really need is a leak. Who cares about official. Pretty sad we still don't have one.

AOSP no longer has enough issues to keep me away at this point...Im currently on eclipse and its solid! Once in awhile I get a data drop, but nothing major. I agree we should have a leak by now, but samsung and verizon dont play nice...this is nothing new. It really does not bother me because there is enough development going on with this device to keep me content. people just like to ***** about stuff and to top it off, we already have a thread on this topic ;)...which was my main point in regards to my previous post.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

it's not the point, the gs3 should get jb before the razr line does. another crap move by verizon and samsung.

You dont think it has something to do with the insecure bootloader being leaked do ya? Motorola wont ever unlock thier bootloaders, so Verizon shows them more love? Just speculating here...

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
AOSP no longer has enough issues to keep me away at this point...Im currently on eclipse and its solid! Once in awhile I get a data drop, but nothing major. I agree we should have a leak by now, but samsung and verizon dont play nice...this is nothing new. It really does not bother me because there is enough development going on with this device to keep me content. people just like to ***** about stuff and to top it off, we already have a thread on this topic ;)...which was my main point in regards to my previous post.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

You dont think it has something to do with the insecure bootloader being leaked do ya? Motorola wont ever unlock thier bootloaders, so Verizon shows them more love? Just speculating here...

as far as aosp goes for me there is a serious wifi connection bug with every rom i try. the ota will at least give us stable drivers to improve aosp performance.

locked bootloader or not we still should of had the jb ota before the razr m. then again i should of known buying a samsung i would get slow updates. im sure with the jb ota they will try to lock our bootloaders again and prevent root, that's what verizon is know for doing.

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
as far as aosp goes for me there is a serious wifi connection bug with every rom i try. the ota will at least give us stable drivers to improve aosp performance.

locked bootloader or not we still should of had the jb ota before the razr m. then again i should of known buying a samsung i would get slow updates. im sure with the jb ota they will try to lock our bootloaders again and prevent root, that's what verizon is know for doing.

If, and, but's, were candy and nuts, we wouldnt need christmas...point is, nothing works they way it "should" these days. Its all politics...just sayin!

Brian Gove

Jul 26, 2012
Land of Oz

here's a quote of a comment off of one of the articles on droid life regarding the new update:

I hope it fixes the wifi issue the wife has on her phone. It always drops the wifi connection then won't connect till after a reboot. Not sure if it is just her phone or a hardware or software issue.

Seems like it's not an AOSP problem for the WiFi. ;)

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
International version and all the other carriers will get JB (and KLP etc) long before Verizon. Count on it.

We just want a leak from internal testing so we have a proper JB base and kernel on which to build custom roms. VZW usually takes months delaying (i.e. what they call testing) before they decide to release, doesn't mean its not ready way before that.

abalsor

Mar 7, 2011
Geneva,NY
We just want a leak from internal testing so we have a proper JB base and kernel on which to build custom roms.

Seeing they run twi different sets of hardware the International version won't help us much..

And as far as the razr m getting jb first shouldn't be shocking as Google now ownz Motorola and will push updates to them first

Sent from my SGS3

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
Anyone know how Sprint's S3 AOSP roms are running since they got a JB leak? Wonder if they have the same issues still like we have or if they are ahead of us because of the leak.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To answer your question: because we're old news. It's not a matter of who has seniority. They're going to put money into their new toy because those are the ones they are trying to push. I doubt they'd care if they didn't sell another original Razr.

And I have to agree, pick a ROM and go nuts. Currently on CM10 and having a blast!

Sent from my XT912 using xda app-developers app
    International version and all the other carriers will get JB (and KLP etc) long before Verizon. Count on it.

We just want a leak from internal testing so we have a proper JB base and kernel on which to build custom roms. VZW usually takes months delaying (i.e. what they call testing) before they decide to release, doesn't mean its not ready way before that.
    Who cares...there is currently 8-9 jellybean roms in the dev section! Pick one and enjoy :)
    As far as im concerned its Verizon's fault.
    Yeah, it is VZW's fault. So, why is it this is a historic problem with Samsung on all carriers? Don't worry, you'll get the update. Long after the phone isn't relevant.