[APP][MOD][AOSP] Camera APK From Android 4.2 For Galaxy S3[Photo Sphere Included]

Search This thread

itsmikeramsay

Mar 25, 2009
Atlanta
4.2-Camera.png

attachmentphp.jpeg

Firstly, this zip is only available for Galaxy Nexus phones that are rooted. All others need not apply. Sorry. If you’re packing a rooted G-Nex with a custom recovery installed, follow the instructions below. Also, some people are reporting bugs with Photo Sphere – mine worked fine, but just know that there are issues for some.

This also works for the SGS3, but you have to be running the latest in CM10 builds, or in my case Liquid Jelly Bean RC7

Instructions:

1. Download the 4.2Camera.zip - Mirror file.
2. Place the zip file on the root of your phone’s storage.
Optional: Rename Gallery2.apk to something like Gallery2.apk.bak, or you'll have two Camera apps
3. Reboot into your recovery.
4. Just in case, make a backup.
5. Flash the 4.2Camera.zip file. (No need to wipe anything)
6. Once installed, reboot your phone.
7. Lastly, enjoy it!

Update: Photo Effects Now Work! (11/1/12)

Still looking into the locking up the camera when using autofocus. Until then peeps manually focus before hitting the button to take the shot.

*Don't like the 4.2 Camera? Well.....Revert back by flashing this StockCM-Cam Package!

Thanks to elesbb and defcomg we now have the Nexus 4 camera that works on any device....given it's up-to-date enough to work!

Last edited:

FRuiTBoOT

Jul 24, 2010
seattle
everything Works for me. On CM10 Nightly, Only thing is the Photo sphere seems the pictures together like a Panorama pic, and isn't view able in gallery. Also normal pictures cause app to crash. Cool find though.

rajnallan

Jun 19, 2010
El Dorado Hills, California 95762
everything Works for me. On CM10 Nightly, Only thing is the Photo sphere seems the pictures together like a Panorama pic, and isn't view able in gallery. Also normal pictures cause app to crash. Cool find though.

Thanks a lot. Everything is working fine so far. I did use the photo sphere few times. So far no issues. The pictures are view-able in the Gallery. Thanks once again,

wellsey1126

Nov 16, 2011
I get this message...

Sent from my SGH-T990 using xda premium

I'm having the same issue

Sent from my galaxy nexus using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Nvm. I just needed to change my build.prop

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Working good here. Only get a force close when trying to edit. I personally HATE the Google gallery. I will forever love whoever can separate the camera from the gallery! ^-^

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

uoY_redruM

May 1, 2010
Longwood, FL
You do know if you are on the T-Mobile galaxy s3 it should read SGH-T999 not SGH-T990? Maybe thats where your issue lies?

That's weird. In not sure why out days 990 lol.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Woops. Apparently I typed it wrong in my build.prop. Now it works lol.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Reactions: elesbb

Sergio337

Jul 24, 2012
Thanks, I found one by searching for 4.2Camera.zip, there's a link in one of the forums. I'd post it, but I'm on my way out.
I think I'm going to wait, been seen too many problems with it, and people saying it needs the 4.2 framework.
I'll Create one in a few. Got my hands tied for a sec.

Sent from my SGS3...

ming08108

Nov 1, 2012
Working for me on 4.0.4. Though photosphere will not take more than one photo. Perhaps I am using wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4.2-Camera.png

attachmentphp.jpeg

Firstly, this zip is only available for Galaxy Nexus phones that are rooted. All others need not apply. Sorry. If you’re packing a rooted G-Nex with a custom recovery installed, follow the instructions below. Also, some people are reporting bugs with Photo Sphere – mine worked fine, but just know that there are issues for some.

This also works for the SGS3, but you have to be running the latest in CM10 builds, or in my case Liquid Jelly Bean RC7

Instructions:

1. Download the 4.2Camera.zip - Mirror file.
    2. Place the zip file on the root of your phone’s storage.
    Optional: Rename Gallery2.apk to something like Gallery2.apk.bak, or you'll have two Camera apps
    3. Reboot into your recovery.
    4. Just in case, make a backup.
    5. Flash the 4.2Camera.zip file. (No need to wipe anything)
    6. Once installed, reboot your phone.
    7. Lastly, enjoy it!

Update: Photo Effects Now Work! (11/1/12)

Still looking into the locking up the camera when using autofocus. Until then peeps manually focus before hitting the button to take the shot.

*Don't like the 4.2 Camera? Well.....Revert back by flashing this StockCM-Cam Package!

Thanks to elesbb and defcomg we now have the Nexus 4 camera that works on any device....given it's up-to-date enough to work!
    This one works perfectly on the T-mobile Galaxy s3 on the cm10.1 2/19 nightly only thing is you lose the enhancements made by CM to the camera..... But autofocus works/flash/photosphere gallery doesn't crash like before is perfect in my opinion

http://d-h.st/aIy
    So photo sphere is working then?

Yeah it's working ok...still needs the Android 4.2 framework to get the best out of it, but it's functioning....I was just testing it....
    What "regular camera function"?

Keep calm and flash on...

Just do what I said. The fix is to MANUALLY focus. Don't press the blue button first just tap screen to focus then when it focuses hit blue button. The camera will work fine. And pretty sure that is what he meant don't use the camera use video or sphere. If u do what I say everything works. I was getting force closes to until I started manually focusing the camera
    Supported Devices According to GalleryGoogle.apk

Code:
        "Galaxy Nexus"
      0x1

"Wingman"
      0x2

"GalaxySZ"
      0x3

"SAMSUNG-SGH-I747"
      0x4

"SGH-I747"
      0x5