Start-up Boot Screen

Search This thread

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
I just bought a new Mega 6.3 after dropping my old one and breaking it beyond a feasible repair cost. But even though it's SIM unlocked, it came with a nasty ugly splash screen of a stupid carrier instead of the simple one that should be the simple black background with white letters that says "Samsung Galaxy Mega i9205" like I had before (.. just to be clear, I'm talking about the screen that immediately comes up when the phone is turned on, before the boot-up animation).

This splash screen NOT in the ROM itself (that I already flashed into a custom one and the splash screen remained). This needs be flashed separately. Anyone knows how to flash this screen to get rid of it or replace it with the Samsung stock one or something else? Thanks much:)

jzsidebott

Apr 23, 2011
I just bought a new Mega 6.3 after dropping my old one and breaking it beyond a feasible repair cost. But even though it's SIM unlocked, it came with a nasty ugly splash screen of a stupid carrier instead of the simple one that should be the simple black background with white letters that says "Samsung Galaxy Mega i9205" like I had before (.. just to be clear, I'm talking about the screen that immediately comes up when the phone is turned on, before the boot-up animation).

This splash screen NOT in the ROM itself (that I already flashed into a custom one and the splash screen remained). This needs be flashed separately. Anyone knows how to flash this screen to get rid of it or replace it with the Samsung stock one or something else? Thanks much:)

I believe that is with the Kernal

jzsidebott

Apr 23, 2011
That is odd... Was the custom kernel a modified stock kernel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk