MultiROM to HTC ONE M8

Search This thread

oblikas

Sep 28, 2012
Bacau
Hello guys.If you had a m7 before this m8,I am sure you have heard about MultiROM.
If you don't,MultiROM is a solution to boot custom ROMs from internal storage(sdcard) like: booting Android Revolution HD and PA + CyanogenMod.
I got a lot of messages about supporting this device .

Here is a video :

http://youtu.be/SCYh14Zwl3s

Let me know if people want to see this working on a M8 :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Hello guys.If you had a m7 before this m8,I am sure you have heard about MultiROM.
If you don't,MultiROM is a solution to boot custom ROMs from internal storage(sdcard) like: booting Android Revolution HD and PA + CyanogenMod.

Here is a video :

I would love to see this for the m8! Really appreciated if you decide to bring multirom to this phone!

tabasco0o

Oct 25, 2008
I hope it works on the M8 been using it on my nexus5 and it's really great

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

palisoulja1

May 20, 2009
Most definitely would love to see this on the m8...I can't wait to dual boot sense and gpe without having to restore all my data when I switch between the two!!! If you need a beta tester let me know.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pure+

G0B1IN5486

Apr 17, 2012
Australia
Having MultiROM on the M8 would be awesome. Would be able to switch easily between Sense and Stock Android whenever I please! :fingers-crossed:

trh1341

Jun 13, 2011
MESA
For the love of all things android! Please bring it to the M8! Used it on the N5...MUCH MUCH more useful here. I like sense,but need an AOSP Rom for some stuff. Perfect! I actually came here just to see if anyone else wanted it, and if not I was gonna ask for it!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ideas4ya

Aug 10, 2012
OnePlus Open
SO...is this something like Safestrap was for my Note 3? It will store different partitions on my phone so I can boot a different os on startup? If so, why is is called MultiRom? It sounds more like Multi-Boot Recovery unless a rom comes with it...I will just have to wait and find out I guess...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is a video :

kexec-hardboot in kernel is done
    kexec binary is done
    multiboot still needs some m8-specific fixups. It currently does not mount secondary Sense or GPE ROMS correctly.
    Kexec to Sense kernel... check... :)

@oblikas Where did you go on this project? Seems like you asked and then bailed?

For everyone.

I've only worked a couple hours on getting MultiROM going on this device and seem to have everything working. Minus external sdcard mounting. That should be really easy.

Here's a video of working MultiROM for the HTC One m8. I will update and release when it's ready. Please don't bug me about it. Just showing you that this isn't dead in my opinion. ;)

Got it to boot finally...