Battery consumption Gear 2 i.c.w. Galaxy Note 3

Search This thread

wbhill

May 1, 2014
A lot of reviews of the Gear 2 say the battery life is a vast improvement over the Gear 1, but in fact its not true because the firmware updates for the Gear 1 made VERY significant improvements. A Gear 1 with light to medium usage can easily hit 4-5 days. I think the Gear 2 is actually shorter right now! There may be optimisations for the Gear 2 in the coming months but the fact the Gear 1 was so significantly improved has been missed by many.
My Gear 1 battery lasted longer than my Gear 2 is doing right now. I keep seeing the Gear 2 being advertised at 2-3 days, I'm getting no where near that the most I've been able to get is around 22 hours.

spikemixture

May 8, 2014
Gear 2 Battery life - bad

My Gear 1 battery lasted longer than my Gear 2 is doing right now. I keep seeing the Gear 2 being advertised at 2-3 days, I'm getting no where near that the most I've been able to get is around 22 hours.

I have similar results. Gear 1 always enough for a days wear - 12-14 hours.

Gear 2 - a very disappointing 8-9 hours.

Tried re installing and have all the latest updates. Uninstalling goproviders as has been suggested here does nothing as it re installs itself

Both connected to a note 3 with latest KK

Looks like I will be returning if for fix/replacement.

Interesting I had the moisture issue with my gear 1 and that just went away after a few days.

Maybe the battery issue will go away !!!

dakunclear

Jul 26, 2011
Calgary
I get about 2 days out of mine with clock to wake and brightness set to 4 and when I'm at work I tend to set my watch off every 3 minutes for the 10 seconds

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

dakunclear

Jul 26, 2011
Calgary
I don't understand

My screen time out is 10 seconds

Where does the 3 minutes come into it ??

I work I'm retail so my arm is constantly rotating to turn the screen on that's where I got the 3 minutes from.....also I turned my watch off last night and by the end of the day today I had 53% so I'm going to see if I can't go at least another day and half on this charge

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

double07

May 14, 2008
I found turning off motion gesture makes battery last much longer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

dakunclear

Jul 26, 2011
Calgary
Turning it off at night with brightness set to 4 and motion turned on I got 4 days out of it

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Free mobile app

double07

May 14, 2008
With motion gesture disable, battery is still at 46% after three days of regular usage. I must say wow! Before that I had to charge every other day.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

NZ_Nitro

Apr 4, 2011
With motion gesture disable, battery is still at 46% after three days of regular usage. I must say wow! Before that I had to charge every other day.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Can agree the motion on off is a bit hit and miss, and just kills the battery

Perhaps the watch needs to learn your gestures? software update?

DZeros

Nov 25, 2013
I am impressed by these results. I though such a small battery would take 6h to deplete.

michelgold

Jun 19, 2014
Please help!!!

My battery was lasting 2-3 days on my Gear 2 Neo and all of a sudden it won't even go a full day.
Please help!!!

johnnyb33

Dec 6, 2013
Hi guys how do you get gsam battery monitor to show gear 2 specs mine only shows my phone.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Battery consumption after 24hrs; normal usage (made also a short call with my Gear 2), 24 notifications active.

Impressive, don't you agree? ;)

2j3q.jpg
    z1gt.png

1r6e.png
    6mx5.png
    It might be too early for me to report battery usage. Both my Note 3 and Gear 2 were at 100% at 7am this morning. I got bunch of text and email notification throughout the day. It is 1pm, Note 3 is currently at 95% and Gear 2 is at 91%. During that time, played around with setting and few other things including answering text and read email on the G2. We'll see at the end of the day. My N3 usually at low 50% at the end of the day before I have G2. This is just my usage.

Update:
    It's now 8pm: N3 is now 83% and G2 is at 76%.

Update 2:
    37 hrs G2 is at 26%. Good usage last 13 hrs, phone calls, many email and SMS, hour of exercise mode. With my usage, charge is needed at the end of second day.
    battery life

i've been getting much better battery life with my gear 2 vs. original galaxy gear. On my original galaxy gear I would have to charge every night after draining to around 50% in an 10-12 hour period. My gear 2 I am at 48 hours and at 46% battery. About 20% of that is also from using the excersize mode for an hour each night that does constant heart rate reading (which is about the only feature i've found that really goes through battery fast). It's a great watch and really worth the upgrade.
    battery life

What settings are you using cause after 8 hours of work I sit at about 75% but my arm is constantly setting the screen on so it would be considered extremely heavy use lol in any given hour the screen is prob set on for at least 10-15 minutes

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

I was two brightness with sound turned off and vibrate on. I also turn off the motion detection feature for turning the screen on as it turns on just way to easily that way and I don't find it to be a big deal to hit the button with I need to use it.
    Oh, never mind then.

Since the Gear 2 will be connected to the phone pretty much all the time, the phone battery will be affected and that's what interest me, given that Android phones doesn't have Good battery life.

Yeah My phone's bluetooth is almost always connected to one bluetooth or another, I have not noticed any significant change in battery on my phone, hwoever my phone does get charged regularly and definitely will not go 3+ days without a charge.