S5 Lte-A UK Firmware Flash

Search This thread

andybg40

Jun 10, 2011
Hi All

As the title says. Can I flash an LTE-A version with UK firmware?

Many thanks.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
andybg40 said:
Can I flash an LTE-A version with UK firmware?

There isn't a lot of reliable information about your model so there is no authorative answer.

Most will say that it's risky and not recommended to flash a firmware from another variant. As well, you don't simply have a different variant of the 801 Snapdragon based S5. You have a derivative model, with a different processor (805), screen resolution, et cetera. Strongly arguing that it is highly unlikely to work and would likely brick your phone.

The best you might hope for is someone alleging that they were able to do so. And then you'd still need to estimate the credibility of such a report.

If you have root and a custom recovery installed, you could remove much of the risk by trying a 900F based custom ROM, e.g. the Phoenix ROM, rather than flash stock 900F firmware. All in all though, it's an improbable fit.

Last edited:

andybg40

Jun 10, 2011
There isn't a lot of reliable information about your model so there is no authorative answer.

Most will say that it's risky and not recommended to flash a firmware from another variant. As well, you don't simply have a different variant of the 801 Snapdragon based S5. You have a derivative model, with a different processor (805), screen resolution, et cetera. Strongly arguing that it is highly unlikely to work and would likely brick your phone.

The best you might hope for is someone alleging that they were able to do so. And then you'd still need to estimate the credibility of such a report.

If you have root and a custom recovery installed, you could remove much of the risk by trying a 900F based custom ROM, e.g. the Phoenix ROM, rather than flash stock 900F firmware. All in all though, it's an improbable fit.

Thanks for your help guys.

Yep, I imported this model for the specs. It's not a real drama on the stock firmware tbh. I just wanted to remove the splash screen and network installed apps from Korea.

I've hidden the apps, but there are still a couple of Korean bits and pieces I would like to get rid of. Maybe a firmware or suitable rom will become available soon.