Android on Omnia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

blkcliostu

Apr 20, 2009
All credit to 'Rufik'

Everything in it is prepared to boot Android straight from SD Card & internal memory - no need to make linux (ext2/3) partition at all. Quick guide:
1. unpack files and put haret.exe, zImage, initrd.cpio.gz, default.txt into root directory of your Omnia's SD Card (Storage Card)
2. put rootfs.img into root directory of your internal memory (My Storage)
3. run haret.exe and click "run"
4. you should see damn small haret's fonts, crc checking should pass with success, haret will jump into kernel
5. now kernel is booting, many messages and logo are visible. I've set a 10sec delay before mounting root filesystem, so you can see message that mmcblk has been found and partitions printed out
6. any failure within kernel booting ends up with kernel panic and phone restart after 30 seconds
7. successful booting results in some long-last message and "android" animation
8. in minute or two you will see desktop :)

rapidshare.com/files/381541433/andromnia2_alpha_pack.zip

modaco.com/content-page/298997/android-on-omnia-2/page/700/

fireburn

Dec 8, 2005
Just tested this ... booting very nice ... a very nice start but still need a lot of work but a very nice begining..

Keep up the good work

dac2009

Apr 8, 2010
Just tested this ... booting very nice ... a very nice start but still need a lot of work but a very nice begining..

Keep up the good work

do you have the usa version omnia 2. i just tried putting it on my i920 and got it to load up but that was bout it. only displayed in landscape mode and keep switching between linux boot up and android home screen... any help???

fireburn

Dec 8, 2005
nop european version (Portuguese).. it seems to work very well for an alpha version .. screen flicker and some programs that dont work ... but android is booting ...

Willis111

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 7, 2008
Ontario
do you have the usa version omnia 2. i just tried putting it on my i920 and got it to load up but that was bout it. only displayed in landscape mode and keep switching between linux boot up and android home screen... any help???

That's all that's working at the moment. Hopefully phone and data wont be too far away.

sener

Jan 6, 2008
Omnia on B7610 OmniaPro?

Hello,
Does anybody know if there is any work arround about putting Android on OmniaPro B7610?
Thank you for your answers. :)

ckirkp79

Apr 7, 2010
Ohio
on the omnia i920 I have android running..only problem is none of the buttons are mapped correctly. There is no Wifi. I'm not able to make calls either. Basically it's a visual goodie for now. I read on Modaco that they have the GPS working I think. It doesn't work on mine however. There is no sound either. I really hope someone can get this working fully because from what I seen it's a sweet os.

fireburn

Dec 8, 2005
theres still a lot to be done ... the project is beeing directed by a guy named almar ...theres a lot of development to do on the drivers ..

jebise101

Jan 22, 2010
we need to get some devs on here to help out almar is one guy and he has done great but he seems busy with life and i think is in exam period. So if you guys know any devs that know android i think we should be able to help him out with drivers.

rattle_fish

Jan 23, 2010
Bangalore
Hi,

I have Samsung B7610. I tried running the package, Everything appeared as mentioned. I think the buttons are not mapped. It does not detect the network.

I feel at the present stage, it cannot be used for normal telephony.

But, would like to thank for providing this oppurtunity, I am happy to see Android on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Device: Samsung Omnia II (I-8000)
    Native OS: Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5 (upgraded from 6.1)

Process: Installation of Android (AndrOmnia) as instructed

Result: System restarts to native OS after a 30 seconds period
    Wow - more than one year has passed since the beginning of this project. Obviously it's hard work! The guys spent incredible time and effort, although I didn't believe anymore in the release of a beta version.
    However, thanks! I will test it.