[Q] Flash ROMs with Odin?

Search This thread

rawfa

Jan 2, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Ok, I've read the other threads that say Odin is only for flashin to stock ROM, but I have a problem and I cannot flash in recovery mode. Is there a way I can flash other roms with Odin? I'd very much like to flash my Vibrant to Nero V3's or froyos.

Last edited:

Mr. Apocalypse

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 22, 2009
Houston, Tx
Ok, I've read the other threads that say Odin is only for flashin to stock ROM, but I have a problem and I cannot flash in recovery mode. Is there a way I can flash other roms with Odin? I'd very much like to flash my Vibrant to Nero V3's or froyos.

No...Odin is just for stock....but why cant you use ClockworkMod recovery ?

Sent from my XDA app cuz I'm stalking your mom....

Mr. Apocalypse

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 22, 2009
Houston, Tx
Most custom ROMS are only released in CWM flashable files....I've never seen any custom roms released in .tar for Odin...

Sent from my XDA app cuz I'm stalking your mom....

bartek25

Sep 7, 2010
lONGISLAND
so whats the reason we cant flash custom roms through odin ? cwm is ehhh odin makes it clean and freas \hhhhhh

epakrat75

Aug 11, 2010
Chicago
so whats the reason we cant flash custom roms through odin ? cwm is ehhh odin makes it clean and freas \hhhhhh

No real reason so long as you have the TAR files for the ROM you wish to flash as ZIP files don't work. CWM is superior in my view because it doesn't require a cable / computer to do the flashing. Either the cable / computer could fail during the flash, potentially soft/hard bricking your phone plus ODIN just seems more finicky at times.

Last edited: