Need urgent help regarding clockwork recovery mood

Search This thread

big_b0sss

Feb 17, 2012
Belfast
hello gentlemen
i bought my viewpad 7 last week. after digging this forum i tried to root my tablet with super one click but i was unable coz it stuck in screen and happen nothing somehow i tried gingerbreak and it worked. as i am totally newbie in android os and i have no idea on programming. but the most important thing is clockwork recovery i saw couple of youtube videos and tried working but ended up with error . i dont know how to setup adb on my pc so i tried terminal emulator but no keyboard.. tried qtadb but show me '' permission denied'' now i am pulling my hair off. i have got rom manager installed on my tablet but whenever i ty to install update.zip it say signature error or somthing (i have got custom rom in my sd and renamed to update zip also i have clockwork recovery img and flash recovery) the only thing i need is a working terminal emulator as i have no idea on comand from pc.

so is there anybody who can give me a easy tutorial or make a video to demonstrate how can i get clockwork recovery installed also custom rom i would be really really greatful

hope someone saves me...

Letitride

Hello & welcome, there's no need to panic but definitely - very important to be patient, set aside at least half a day or more, and, read - read - read. Take notes as you go along & do NOT rush.

If you have not gone thru this sticky, please do so - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1236990

Sticky #1 is mandatory reading to take full advantage of the Vpad7 so that you can understand the basics, describe your Vpad's hardware & build information, etc. and how to press various buttons, go back, reset & get into Recovery and Bootloader. Without knowing it, you are prone to run into problems.

First, you need to check & make sure that your CWM (which verison) is properly installed & working (and, if so) - check under the Advanced submenu to verify "Signature Verification" status.

Do you have an "older" non-ITE or "newer" ITE multi-touch screen device, which determine which custom ROM can be used? Be specific, please ...

Generally speaking, there is no need to rename a downloaded ROM's zip file to update.zip for flashing ... so I suggest that you do more reading first.

Do you have USB debugging turned on? Applications - unkown sources turned ON to allow installation of non-Market apps? A working knowledge is essential to avoid (soft) bricking your device by being able to understand the process for Flashing - start here http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Flashing_Guide_-_Android

There's nothing simple & easy about all these, sorry - time & patience is a requirement to get everything working together. Look under the "Development" section for how to install ROM & the issues involved - there are just a handful of ROMs and you don't need to spend a hundred hours going thru all of them, a few hours of reading will do - a 10 minute Youtube video isn't going to do it. The best person to "save" you is you - YMMV. Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: big_b0sss

big_b0sss

Feb 17, 2012
Belfast
thanks a million i finally made it. i used rom manager to install un official clockwork recovery and did install custom rom however i need one more final solution i was trying to get app2sd but my rom maker said it is built in inside the rom just need to creat ext3 but i guess i cant do that without comand so again is there any manual method to do that i saw an option on rom manager but it offers only 512mb partition but i want more may be 8 gb or 4gb i have 16gb sd card.. so can u help me pls...

and i yes i had usb debug on. unknown source on

Last edited:

Letitride

... i used rom manager to install un official clockwork recovery ... custom rom however ... app2sd ... is built in inside the rom just need to creat ext3 but ... without comand ... rom manager ... offers only 512mb partition ... may be 8 gb or 4gb i have 16gb sd card..

1. Rom manager - I do not use them on my Android devices but if you are comfortable with it and help simplify your tasks & learning curve, good for you. Remember to backup, backup & backup your work & save it to more than one location - those "oops" happened to all of us, sometimes (and, at the worst time - Murphy's Law 101)

2. You only need a few files in its own sub directory or folder to properly run adb and busybox, and, to run the (good old DOS) command prompt from your PC - just need to type the commands carefully. Alternatively, Terminal Emulator (with or without the shell or user interface) can be downloaded from Android Market to the Vpad7 to install & run (it's not pre-loaded) with SU enabled ... (more reading for you on how-to's)

3. Not sure if you are referring to App2SD in Market (quite a few out there) or DT's A2SD and A2SDGUI in some of the custom ROM. Vpad7's custom ROM recommend 1 MB SD ext3/partition in general (ext4 is more advanced and challenging) - there is no need, advantage or benefit in a 2GB or 4GB ext3 with a 16GB mSD card (as you are allocating/reserving unused space that you cannot dynamically changed or reassign later on as you begin to run low on "general" storage space on the card - PLUS, you will have to reformat the card & wipe/lose everything on it, until it's restored from saved backup)

FYI - I keep the last 3 to 5 CWM Backup images/files on the mSD card and it's close to 3GB in size already, not counting pix, mp3's and saved videos.

4. Older version of CWM Recovery worked best for me in repeated ROM flashing & setup to partition/format the mSD, verison 5.0.2.6 can work but the newest one posted 5.0.2.7 did NOT work for me - YMMV, of course. Refer to the one in Cleanviewpad7 V1.0 and its instructions or EU Vapd 7 V1.7b - as I'm guessing from your description that your device is a newer ITE multi-screen hardware build. KWBR V3.2 ROM works with ITE and has the newer kernel and A2SD is easy to use per installation guide - it's lean & stripped of non-essential apps.

Have patience, backup & have run ! :D

big_b0sss

Feb 17, 2012
Belfast
thanx again for ur reply but i dont know why i do not get keyboard on my terminal emulator. i tried to put comand through terminal emulator but due to keyboard issue i cant i also tried dos but i have no knowledge on that. can u make a video for me or a tutorial how can i get a2sd work on my vpad 7

thanks again

Letitride

... dont know why i do not get keyboard on my terminal emulator. i tried to put comand through terminal emulator but due to keyboard issue i cant i also tried dos but i have no knowledge on that.

First, as I asked before, we do NOT know which ROM you are trying to use?

But, I'm going to guess - since I've flashed all of the working ITE ones here, and you are using KWBR v3.x - and, if so, please confirm or verify, yes or no.

If so, I had issues with its keyboard not showing up in terminal emulator, and there are different reasons for it - namely, including the OP developer's choice of installed KB. However, as a workaround - by running adB/busybox from Windows Vista's command prompt, I can execute instructions to re/mount, reboot, etc.

By installing a different KB & switching to it, it worked under terminal and I can run command prompts directly. There is a learning curve involved here - not something to rush, rather steps by steps - there are "stickies" in the threads and I do not want to further clutter up excellent guides already written up, 6 to 9 months plus ago - which I took time to read, follow & work with. I encourge you to do so as well.

My advice, the easiest to do, is to install & start with a different ROM - Cleanviewpad ROM is basic, simple & easy to install, virtually "bug" free and I suggest that you start with that. KB worked directly as a toggle, popping up from terminal emulator, and you can run commands from it.

Once you are comfortable & has everything working, you can optimize your A2SD and move apps from internal storage to mSD card, etc. and progress to the next level - EU Vpad 7 V1.7b ITE ROM is nice but from experience and reading the thread's posts, some "beginners" lacking knowledge & skills have trouble with it. By running a # of patches, I get it updated to the latest and it's running optimized to my personal liking - it's not entirely difficult to learn but not for someone completely new to Android OS.

Here's a link that you could've google right here in XDA - guide to ADB - bookmarked the link for you, please search for other guides, thanks

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=879701

Last edited:

big_b0sss

Feb 17, 2012
Belfast
hi there thank you so much for helping me again and yes i am using kwbr rom because i have tried cleanviewpad 7 but stuck at welcome screen doesnt work anything then tried lakehouse froyo enhanced but link disabled so stuck with this rom.. i really wish i cloud post on dev section coz im kinda stuck with this post..
but hey if u dont mind and if u have froyo enhanced rom can u upload that for me or give me a working link...

sorry for bothering u but would appreciate

Letitride

... using kwbr rom because i have tried cleanviewpad 7 but stuck at welcome screen doesnt work anything then tried lakehouse froyo enhanced but link disabled ... and if u have froyo enhanced rom can u upload that for me or give me a working link...

Are you making good progress after rooting with custom ROM, learning a bit more about using adB and terminal emulator? I searched my storage bins for what I've kept for the Vpad7 - and I have NO luck yet finding the Froyo enhanced ROM. I did uploaded the EU V1.7b ITE custom ROM to Dropbox, along with the a2sd*.zip file (just in case, you are comfortable & ready to try - after backing things up) The A2SDGUI app is available in Market, just search & download & install up once the EU V1.7 ITE ROM is up.

A2SD does NOT need to be working for the ROM to do its basic functions, just that it will soon run low on internal storage/memory and that's where A2SD come in. If you find it useful, do a CWM backup first , then use the earlier version of CWM to reformat the mSD card again (thus, wiping it clean) and setup a 1MB ext3 partition per detailed instructions. Reboot & reconnect USB, and move/restored all of your saved files/folders/settings, etc. back to the mSD drive.

Next, flash the A2SD program by DT again just to be sure from Recovery - and then Restart into Recovery. Wipe cache & dalvik and boot up again - cross your fingers and A2SD should be up & running - check it with A2SDGUI and/or Titanium Backup will display various memory/partition/storage space & usage (used/free & total)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64025118/EUViewpad7v1.7b-ITE.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64025118/apps2sd-2.7.5.3-dt.beta04-signed.zip

Again, I am and will be be responsible for anything if something goes wrong by using & flashing these zip files, they are unchanged or unaltered as I originally downloaded them. I'm simply posting them with the mess created by the multi-upload servers being offline, etc. as many folks are completely at a loss for what to do next. Full credits go to the OP/xda-developers for creating their masterpieces. If you are not comfortable or unsure, please do not proceed or assume the risk - the stock ROM, especially unrooted, isn't bloated by any means at all. There is NO over-clocking at this point for any ITE kernel for the Vpad7, period - none that I know of. Folks, do NOT confuse or try this with Vpad7e (which is a different device, sorry - cannot help at all)

Regards & do post with your results and share, and, if I can help further with the specifics, will be glad to do so.

big_b0sss

Feb 17, 2012
Belfast
about the euvpad rom

hi there i am glad that u sugested me that rom but before i try to do anything i just want to ask that which rom is better, im asking u coz u might know as u have tried diffrent rom. i am currently having no issue with kwbr rom however somtimes lag and slowness i know its bocoz vpad has only 600mgh processor so does euvpad rom faster or is there any good thing just wondering...
if euvpad rom is better i will go ahead and intall it.. so kind of waiting on ur reply

Letitride

hi there i am glad that u sugested me that rom but before i try to do anything i just want to ask that which rom is better, im asking u coz u might know as u have tried diffrent rom. i am currently having no issue with kwbr rom however somtimes lag and slowness i know its bocoz vpad has only 600mgh processor so does euvpad rom faster or is there any good thing just wondering...
if euvpad rom is better i will go ahead and intall it.. so kind of waiting on ur reply

Personally, I prefer and continue to use EU V1.7b for ITE, it has support for European languages as well as Asian languages. KWBR only support Euro language and the ROM is more "stripped" down with fewer apps, but it does work nicely "out of the box" with A2SD - downside being that internal memory/storage still seem to run low (once I re-install 50+ apps on my device)

For EU V1.7 - it's using an older version of Android Market, but can be easily updated if one wanted to, and, has a few more "basic" apps pre-installed including Documents To Go - and, by adding "Car Home" - I have a working 7" GPS device in the car when needed (sound volume is low, however due to those tiny stereo speakers) - I have been running it for 5+ months now, very smooth & few, if any, FC or freezes, and, Angry Birds running nicely on it, same with YouTube videos over WiFi connection (my 3G is on Edge network, so speed is SLOW and thus very choppy due to broadband speed, not CPU-related)

If you are running KWBR nicely now, do a Backup from CWM first, wipe cache/dalvik & system next - then flash the EU Rom and setup - to see whether you like it. And, if you do - follow the post's steps that I wrote up a while back and get A2SD running with the earlier verison of CWM for ext3 partition, restore/copy back all the files to the mSD card - and reboot/check for A2SD functionality, hopefully - it works without further tweaks - and I think you will like it.

If not, it's easy enough to get back into Recovery, wipe clean it first (very important to clear all traces) and RESTORE the KWBR image from the mSD, and reboot - and you can continue using it. Set aside 2 or 3 hours to do this slowly & right, and you will find the process educational & informative - and, as I always remind newbies - the rules are simple - Backup, Backup and Backup !!

Cheers & go have fun !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello & welcome, there's no need to panic but definitely - very important to be patient, set aside at least half a day or more, and, read - read - read. Take notes as you go along & do NOT rush.

If you have not gone thru this sticky, please do so - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1236990

Sticky #1 is mandatory reading to take full advantage of the Vpad7 so that you can understand the basics, describe your Vpad's hardware & build information, etc. and how to press various buttons, go back, reset & get into Recovery and Bootloader. Without knowing it, you are prone to run into problems.

First, you need to check & make sure that your CWM (which verison) is properly installed & working (and, if so) - check under the Advanced submenu to verify "Signature Verification" status.

Do you have an "older" non-ITE or "newer" ITE multi-touch screen device, which determine which custom ROM can be used? Be specific, please ...

Generally speaking, there is no need to rename a downloaded ROM's zip file to update.zip for flashing ... so I suggest that you do more reading first.

Do you have USB debugging turned on? Applications - unkown sources turned ON to allow installation of non-Market apps? A working knowledge is essential to avoid (soft) bricking your device by being able to understand the process for Flashing - start here http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Flashing_Guide_-_Android

There's nothing simple & easy about all these, sorry - time & patience is a requirement to get everything working together. Look under the "Development" section for how to install ROM & the issues involved - there are just a handful of ROMs and you don't need to spend a hundred hours going thru all of them, a few hours of reading will do - a 10 minute Youtube video isn't going to do it. The best person to "save" you is you - YMMV. Regards.