Official Galaxy Nexus in the Philippines

Search This thread

Hikaru1223

Jul 1, 2012
Manila
No news about yakjuxw yet for JB4.2 yet?

It's kind of disappointing that other phones are receiving the update but GN yakjuxw. This suppose to a pure google phone. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Yeah, but apparently, anything non-takju or -yakju are under Samsung's mercy. That's why I decided to flash Takju when JB came out; my yakjuxw was still at 4.0.2 by then!

But to answer the question, I think it's still at 4.1 according to the sticky on XDA, so nope, still no luck.

Hikaru1223

Jul 1, 2012
Manila
So anybody else tried the Ubuntu Touch for the GNex? Tried it and it looks really promising. It really can't be used as a daily driver as of the moment but the platform really looks cool.

Flashed back to Android after 10 mins though. I did keep a back-up of it and will probably play with it later.

L

L!ttleN!cky

So anybody else tried the Ubuntu Touch for the GNex? Tried it and it looks really promising. It really can't be used as a daily driver as of the moment but the platform really looks cool.

Flashed back to Android after 10 mins though. I did keep a back-up of it and will probably play with it later.

I was using it since yesterday and I also posted some links for our kapwa Pilipino to try Ubuntu, but as per the Press Release it's just for development use so that Android devs will have a chance to look at it and if interested will make some apps for it. So on the other hand it's not for a daily driver, it's just a sneak peak for us people. :D But, it's nice and just look's like the desktop version(I'm currently using 12.04) just give it ample time and we will be able to have it as a daily rom. The only thing that sucks, is that there are no softkeys, it's kinda hardnto navigate if you're used to Android that has softkeys, anyhows, thumb's up for Canonical for the Pre release of Ubuntu OS for phones!

- JFDSM™

L

L!ttleN!cky

@jfdsmabalot,

thanks for the Ubuntu Links and Guide.

No problem! :D

- JFDSM™

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

I was surfing the net then I stumbled upon sulit looking for the current price of our device, and upon searching, I didn't know that there's a lot of people that are having a profit in Unlocking bootloaders, rooting android devices and installing Custom ROMS. They are Ranging from 300 - 500php. That was a nice business even though it only has a small profit. But, the nicest thing there is, a lot of our kababayan's are really into Android devices, and upon seeing the posts there, they're a lot of people really looking to have their Android device rooted, thanks to the people who make a profit out of rooting services, a lot of our kababayan's are getting exposed on how rooting benefits their Android devices.

Iba talaga ang Pinoy!!! Mabuhay!!! :thumbup:

- JFDSM™

L

L!ttleN!cky

Ahh.. That's more like it. :D

yhepudyg.jpg

esynenat.jpg

- JFDSM™

Last edited:

fLipz

Oct 27, 2008
14° 35' N, 120° 59' E
No problem! :D

- JFDSM™

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

I was surfing the net then I stumbled upon sulit looking for the current price of our device, and upon searching, I didn't know that there's a lot of people that are having a profit in Unlocking bootloaders, rooting android devices and installing Custom ROMS. They are Ranging from 300 - 500php. That was a nice business even though it only has a small profit. But, the nicest thing there is, a lot of our kababayan's are really into Android devices, and upon seeing the posts there, they're a lot of people really looking to have their Android device rooted, thanks to the people who make a profit out of rooting services, a lot of our kababayan's are getting exposed on how rooting benefits their Android devices.

Iba talaga ang Pinoy!!! Mabuhay!!! :thumbup:

- JFDSM™
Kapatid, restored back to my Xylon Rom :cowboy:

Super Bagal si Ubuntu! hehe! at least i see the sneak peak of Ubuntu OS

L

L!ttleN!cky

Kapatid, restored back to my Xylon Rom :cowboy:

Super Bagal si Ubuntu! hehe! at least i see the sneak peak of Ubuntu OS

Yeah, and it has no soft keys and it's kinda hard to navigatr. Hehehe, but, at least you experienced the developer release of it. :D

- JFDSM™

Barbatos19

Oct 3, 2012
Cotabato, City
good day

Hi to all kababayans. Im planning to get the galaxy nexus from smart telecomm. But before that i just want to ask those who have this device from this carrier, does smart telecomm release an update for the device? and what version of gnex they have? takju?

alfiemenace

Apr 20, 2011
Hi to all kababayans. Im planning to get the galaxy nexus from smart telecomm. But before that i just want to ask those who have this device from this carrier, does smart telecomm release an update for the device? and what version of gnex they have? takju?

I don't think they release their own, you'll get updates straight from Google and/or here in xda ;)

Stock ROM, custom user.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Smart units had yakjuxw. They have long stopped releasing this though. I don't think it's still available thru them

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Barbatos19

Oct 3, 2012
Cotabato, City
Smart units had yakjuxw. They have long stopped releasing this though. I don't think it's still available thru them

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

oh my, im planning to get one probable next month. Been busy on graduation stuff. huhuhu. hope i can still catch up on it. its kinda cheap on smart. :(. Im kinda short of budget so i decided to get on smart. anyone here knows another source of gnex or nexus 4 for installment basis?ahahahaha

L

L!ttleN!cky

oh my, im planning to get one probable next month. Been busy on graduation stuff. huhuhu. hope i can still catch up on it. its kinda cheap on smart. :(. Im kinda short of budget so i decided to get on smart. anyone here knows another source of gnex or nexus 4 for installment basis?ahahahaha

Installment? Then your only source is smart. Hehehe. :D

- JFDSM™

L

L!ttleN!cky

yah, but one of the accredited smart distributor here on cotabato doesnt offer postpaid plan. i need to go to davao or gensan to get one. But im too darn busy. ahahaha. and was disappointed when i read that smart might not offer gnex anymore.huhuhu how sad. hope i can still get one.

Try getting from sulit, I think you can get the GNex for 12k, it's cheaper now than before N4 showed up. :D

- JFDSM™

Barbatos19

Oct 3, 2012
Cotabato, City
Try getting from sulit, I think you can get the GNex for 12k, it's cheaper now than before N4 showed up. :D

- JFDSM™

kinda dont trust Online store. i like the one from smart because of the all in plan 500. ahahaha. same price all in all from kimstore 15,500. if take it from smart it will also cost me 15,500 but for two years time. easy to adjust + i got unli call and txt for two years hehehe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A collaborative project by me and mixtapes08. :D

uheryhe2.jpg

azese6aq.jpg

- JFDSM™
    [Team AOSPilipinas™]

Mostly you.. Lol.. 10% for me.

-3StarsAndaSun
    Upwards of 1k for all of them. The otterbox cases go for around 2k, IIRC.

Best value cases I've seen and used are the Mercury TPU cases. 500 each at Hackstern in Robinson's Galleria.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I know there is a dialer code you can type to bring up a menu which will allow temporary switching.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

*#*#4636#*#*

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    What type of batt life you get with the roms and kernels you're using? With standard batt of course. I barely get to 4 hours with data on all the time. I think the radio on my phone sucks. Rarely get a green signal as compared to the S2.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I can go a full day with data always on and still have around 40% battery life at the end of the day. That includes around 2-2.5 hours screen time and 2 hours or so of listening to music/audiobooks.

You are in a place where signal is poor. So the phone sends more juice to your radio in trying to maintain a decent connection. If you're only using data to send messages or text emails or anything that doesn't require high speed, try setting network to 2g only if you don't really need the speed. See if that helps.

EDIT: However, if all those 4 hours are spent surfing the internet with screen on, then you get about the same battery life as everyone else. :)
    Thanks! I appreciate it. One last thing if you may... I understand you're not using your GNex that much now, but still can you generally say that the 4.3 update is better than 4.2.2?

Well, usually updates are meant to improve one way or the other. It may not be something we see or feel on the first glance or even after using it for so long. I think on a regular user's perspective there won't be that much difference but maybe upon heavy is there's the benefit. Sorry I can't be as clear as I'd like to be because I seldom use it but for those times that I do, I haven't had any issues so maybe I can say yes with a disclaimer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4