Trying to make a change!

Search This thread

Gh0stCode

Feb 19, 2013
Somewhere, FL
I was reading along the Internet and found the CEO's of AT&T email address. I took the liberty of composing my thought to him on this plague of locked bootloaders. Here is what I said:

Hello, my name is Mike. I'm composing this email in disappointment with AT&T wireless. Currently I bought a Galaxy S4 and started a new contract. And now I am having thoughts on terminating my service. Why would one do this you may ask and I'm willing to give you an answer and a request. Android was developed as an OPEN source development project, and Samsung has always been up for that with every device I have owned, so samsung is not at fault here. Recently I got an update that locked the bootloader on my device. This has made myself and many others in the development community highly upset and disappointed in AT&T because we know that this decision was made at your company's discretion. In the development community we thrive on Android. With every new android device and software version we are given a template. A template to brainstorm and develop a unique expression of what Android has to offer. We can make it our own and unleash the potential of our devices. That is what Android is all about, that is why it is an OPEN source project. I understand there are a vast majority of customers who do not care about whether their bootloader is locked or not, but there is a very large margin of developers who do care. We have a community to provide to. The community that wants something more from their device. To personalize their device. Customers spend a large portion of money on these devices. I myself paid 700 for mine. With spending that much money I think we deserve to have the right to do what we wish with our phones. Just like buying a new computer, the manufacturers don't tell you what you can and can't do with it. We understand that changing a phones system voids warranty. And we are willing to take that risk. I speak on behalf of the development community. Unlock our bootloaders. Do not make us switch to another service provider for our goals and spread the word of how a company takes the right we have that android gives us away. Thank you for your time and I hope to see change in the near future.

It seems like a shot in the dark but who knows we may just get lucky. I'm trying to make a change. Free our Androids! This is a link that may help. It's a petition and I understand that it's already posted on the forums but repetition will reach the goal. It's only about 67 signatures off to being completed so get this out here and FREE OUR ANDROIDS!

https://www.change.org/petitions/sa...oot-loader-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-sgh-1337

Sent from my Venomous Droid S4

Reactions: John The Rhino

Turtle30001

Dec 8, 2013
www.facebook.com
Hey I like the thought, but this probably won't help. If these ceo's had anything that resembled a heart they wouldn't have the position they have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RK

Feb 8, 2012
Unlocked bootloader = easy modifications to system = your data at risk = a vast majority of corporate byod users don't buy your phone = lost money

Unlocked bootloader = happy devs and tech savvy ppl = only a very very very tiny portion of their customer base = they don't care!

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Unlocked bootloader = easy modifications to system = your data at risk = a vast majority of corporate byod users don't buy your phone = lost money

Unlocked bootloader = happy devs and tech savvy ppl = only a very very very tiny portion of their customer base = they don't care!

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I agree with the second paragraph.

But this line of the first paragraph "Unlocked bootloader = easy modifications to system = your data at risk" I don't. YES it could if those with unlock bootloader could load something onto their phone that is malicious. But that can happen with locked bootloaders. Locked bootloader just doesn't allow having root as easy, allow modification that would allow you to switch carriers as easy (unlocking for free the Sim lock), allow for using custom Roms and help stupid people that cannot read or follow directions so as to not brick their phone. It has nothing to do with making the phone safer. As I said it COULD when users don't understand what they are putting on their phone. Basically ATT /Verizon don't want easy deleting of the apps so they can get paid for their crappy apps that cannot be deleted fully. They don't want users who screwed up and bricked their phone returning them. I can see their point of view as to returned bricked phones. But they SHOULD allow users to CHOOSE to unlock the bootloader which will void the warranty at their own risk (and maybe after it is paid off so people don't stop paying for their phone or anything after they screw it up).

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was reading along the Internet and found the CEO's of AT&T email address. I took the liberty of composing my thought to him on this plague of locked bootloaders. Here is what I said:

Hello, my name is Mike. I'm composing this email in disappointment with AT&T wireless. Currently I bought a Galaxy S4 and started a new contract. And now I am having thoughts on terminating my service. Why would one do this you may ask and I'm willing to give you an answer and a request. Android was developed as an OPEN source development project, and Samsung has always been up for that with every device I have owned, so samsung is not at fault here. Recently I got an update that locked the bootloader on my device. This has made myself and many others in the development community highly upset and disappointed in AT&T because we know that this decision was made at your company's discretion. In the development community we thrive on Android. With every new android device and software version we are given a template. A template to brainstorm and develop a unique expression of what Android has to offer. We can make it our own and unleash the potential of our devices. That is what Android is all about, that is why it is an OPEN source project. I understand there are a vast majority of customers who do not care about whether their bootloader is locked or not, but there is a very large margin of developers who do care. We have a community to provide to. The community that wants something more from their device. To personalize their device. Customers spend a large portion of money on these devices. I myself paid 700 for mine. With spending that much money I think we deserve to have the right to do what we wish with our phones. Just like buying a new computer, the manufacturers don't tell you what you can and can't do with it. We understand that changing a phones system voids warranty. And we are willing to take that risk. I speak on behalf of the development community. Unlock our bootloaders. Do not make us switch to another service provider for our goals and spread the word of how a company takes the right we have that android gives us away. Thank you for your time and I hope to see change in the near future.

It seems like a shot in the dark but who knows we may just get lucky. I'm trying to make a change. Free our Androids! This is a link that may help. It's a petition and I understand that it's already posted on the forums but repetition will reach the goal. It's only about 67 signatures off to being completed so get this out here and FREE OUR ANDROIDS!

https://www.change.org/petitions/sa...oot-loader-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-sgh-1337

Sent from my Venomous Droid S4