[Help] Come back to Stock... Freeze, lag,... problem...

Search This thread

Fastyy

Jul 7, 2010
Gilly
Hello,

First, Sorry for my english.. I am native french speaker.

Here is my problem.
I put / test many roms and now, I want to go back to stock rom because I want to sell the phone.

So I follow many topics and I always have the same problem.
In fact, I had the same problem with Sammy roms.

After flash the stock rom (France version), i follow the android setup without configuring any account... all is ok.
But After that, When I come into the home screen, all is very slow, lag !!
It crashs or the system is hanging, rebooting,...
If I want to unlock the screen, it's impossible because it's freeze.

I follow many topics about SDS, ... but i'm not satisfied with those topics BECAUSE When I install the Paranoid Android Beta 3, ALL is perfect !!!
No freeze, no lag,....

My problem is I f I want to sell the phone, I must come back to stock ... so How Can I do this ?
I know that stock rom is very buggy but When I buy the phone, I don't have problem with the stock Rom.
I had recieved 4.3 from my provider Proximus (Belgium) and no problem.

I can't go back to this firmware because on Sam, the belgium rom available for download is the 4.0 version :(..

Thank you.

foggydisaster

May 2, 2012
Kiev
Try find a 3 file package and reflash stock rom (don't worry about country yet) then if everything works fine, wipe data and cache in stock recovery and flash French version

Sent from my toaster

Fastyy

Jul 7, 2010
Gilly
Do you have a link to a 3 file Package ?
Because, I've downloaded 3 different rom and it's always with one file...

foggydisaster

May 2, 2012
Kiev
Do you have a link to a 3 file Package ?

Because, I've downloaded 3 different rom and it's always with one file...

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find one for myself aswell so you might wanna just google it (it can also be a 4.1, 4.2, 4.3) I found one for me that way

Sent from my toaster

Fastyy

Jul 7, 2010
Gilly
Thank you foggy...
I've already downloaded that modem but I was not sure that I just have to flash that only file.

I will try when I have Time...

Reactions: foggydisaster

Fastyy

Jul 7, 2010
Gilly
So... I've tried many differents things but it's always the same result.

If I put the belgian stock Rom (proximus), All is perfect BUT I'm in 4.0 version and there is no update available.

I've tried the Dutch, French, Luxembourg version (in 4.0 , 4.1 or 4.3) and the results are the same. It's very very slow, laggy,....
When I want to unlock the screen, it takes much time and after I received an error message like Process System doesn't respond'....
Even If I put the belgian one before and then, an other in 4.3.... all become very slow.

I don't understand where is the problem.
When I bought the phone, I've received an 4.3 update BUT What was the firmware version ???
The phone was bought in Mediamarkt in Belgium... maybe, it was not the belgian firmware ?!?

AssassinGEO

Sep 12, 2013
Tbilisi
Unfortunately,I have the same bug. My phone flies with AOSP,but with stock ROMs,it's laggy,slow,and everything. Not that much,but still is. Also,going back to stock ROM made my camera laggy for ever. Not matter which ROM,my camera drops FPS when recording.
I hate this.

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
Hello,

First, Sorry for my english.. I am native french speaker.

Here is my problem.
I put / test many roms and now, I want to go back to stock rom because I want to sell the phone.

So I follow many topics and I always have the same problem.
In fact, I had the same problem with Sammy roms.

After flash the stock rom (France version), i follow the android setup without configuring any account... all is ok.
But After that, When I come into the home screen, all is very slow, lag !!
It crashs or the system is hanging, rebooting,...
If I want to unlock the screen, it's impossible because it's freeze.

I follow many topics about SDS, ... but i'm not satisfied with those topics BECAUSE When I install the Paranoid Android Beta 3, ALL is perfect !!!
No freeze, no lag,....

My problem is I f I want to sell the phone, I must come back to stock ... so How Can I do this ?
I know that stock rom is very buggy but When I buy the phone, I don't have problem with the stock Rom.
I had recieved 4.3 from my provider Proximus (Belgium) and no problem.

I can't go back to this firmware because on Sam, the belgium rom available for download is the 4.0 version :(..

Thank you.

Its most probably u are using the MK6 firmware cos it is pretty buggy.(Forgot which firmware was it tat was buggy but I think it was MK6) Also, when the phone just get factory resetted, it is pretty normal for it to lag as it is installing all the apps etc.

Fastyy

Jul 7, 2010
Gilly
Pretty normal... It seems very strange because When I've bought the phone, I didn't have those problems.

AND If I put the belgian firmware, I don't have any problem BUT I am in 4.0 :(

0penfred

Oct 17, 2012
As far I know, latest ROM for GT-I9300 XEF (French) is NA5, not MK6

This is the 2nd 4.3 Touchwiz Rom which is supposed to perform much better than the 1st r4.3 elease (MK6)

According to some report I read, NA5 implements TRIM much better and is (finally !) quick.

(sorry, I can't post URLS, I need to wait my 11th post (silly...))

AssassinGEO

Sep 12, 2013
Tbilisi
As far I know, latest ROM for GT-I9300 XEF (French) is NA5, not MK6

This is the 2nd 4.3 Touchwiz Rom which is supposed to perform much better than the 1st r4.3 elease (MK6)

According to some report I read, NA5 implements TRIM much better and is (finally !) quick.

(sorry, I can't post URLS, I need to wait my 11th post (silly...))

MK6 was the best firmware ever for me. Battery and performance was amazing.

I tried NA5 later,and that was one of the most laggy stock ROMs I have ever tried.

Fastyy

Jul 7, 2010
Gilly
I've already tried those last firmware and all are very slow and laggy...
I don't understand where is the problem.

I can see the problem directly after I've installed the firmware.
When I am in the setup wizard, If it's lag there.... so, there is a problem.

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Setup wizard will be laggy in every rom, especially stock. Try having some patience.

Finish the setup and restart the phone, then use it for a few days before you decide it lags.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Fastyy

Jul 7, 2010
Gilly
Setup wizard will be laggy in every rom, especially stock. Try having some patience.

Finish the setup and restart the phone, then use it for a few days before you decide it lags.

And do you have an explanation to the fact that when You Buy a new phone (the s3 here), there is NO lag, no problem....
The problem come when you want to come back to stock rom...

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
And do you have an explanation to the fact that when You Buy a new phone (the s3 here), there is NO lag, no problem....
The problem come when you want to come back to stock rom...

Most probably as when the phone is downloading ur old apps and restoring data etc when u do/finish the set up wizard, it lags as it has difficulties processing all those with just 1GB of ram.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Three options:

1 you are too fussy
2 you've done something wrong
3 your phone has a hardware fault

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you foggy...
    I've already downloaded that modem but I was not sure that I just have to flash that only file.

I will try when I have Time...