[help] nemus launcher mod

Search This thread

Yozil13

Dec 1, 2013
Hi !

First I own an Xperia V, ICS 4.0.4 with 9.0.1.D.0.10 Firmware

So , I use Nemus Launcher (It's the smoothest launcher for me) which has a notification function and can display notification bubbles in the top left hand corner of an APP in the homescreen.

My question is : How can I mod the APK of Nemus launcher in order to display the bubbles at the top right hand corner of an APP and IF POSSIBLE make it like iOS , I mean not completly on the application's icon but that is half in half out..

(Please look at the attached pic to see how it is..)

I know how to decompile an APK but to do what I described is beyond me :/

Please try to help me, Thanks !

THE PIC :

Last edited:

sgt.reza

Jun 23, 2011
its possible and too hard

try to use other launcher's , its better than modding launcher :fingers-crossed:

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
But I want to stay on Nemus, since I try it I can change !

But if the dev succeed to put it at left , why can I make the contrary ?

Because the dev has the source files, you don't; you'd have to decompile and hope it's something as simple as modifying one of the layout .xml files, or else do it in smali... which is a lot harder.

Yozil13

Dec 1, 2013
Because the dev has the source files, you don't; you'd have to decompile and hope it's something as simple as modifying one of the layout .xml files, or else do it in smali... which is a lot harder.

There is only 1 xml file (I think by the name) that can match to the notification bubbles -> launcher_noti_layout.xml :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<FrameLayout android:id="@id/launcher_noti_container" android:background="#cc000000" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="35.339996dip"
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<TextView android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:gravity="center" android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/launcher_noti_textview" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="" android:drawablePadding="10.0dip" />
</FrameLayout>

I tried to edit it and replace "center" by top etc.. but NOTHING changes.. :eek:

As for .smali files there's some files named BadgeInfo BadgeService etc.. but it is JAVA language and I DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING :(

I have attached a .rar file with NEMUS decompiled, if you can check it and solve my problem it would be nice :angel:

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
There is only 1 xml file (I think by the name) that can match to the notification bubbles -> launcher_noti_layout.xml :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<FrameLayout android:id="@id/launcher_noti_container" android:background="#cc000000" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="35.339996dip"
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<TextView android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:gravity="center" android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/launcher_noti_textview" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="" android:drawablePadding="10.0dip" />
</FrameLayout>

I tried to edit it and replace "center" by top etc.. but NOTHING changes.. :eek:

As for .smali files there's some files named BadgeInfo BadgeService etc.. but it is JAVA language and I DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING :(

I have attached a .rar file with NEMUS decompiled, if you can check it and solve my problem it would be nice :angel:

If nothing changes, then that is either not the file you're looking for, you don't know what you should be expecting with changing the gravity, or it's done in java. For the record, smali is not java.

Secondly, you did not attach anything, and I don't think I'm interested in figuring out how to do that, I don't use Nemus Launcher, and don't plan on doing so, no offense. :)

Yozil13

Dec 1, 2013
If nothing changes, then that is either not the file you're looking for, you don't know what you should be expecting with changing the gravity, or it's done in java. For the record, smali is not java.

Secondly, you did not attach anything, and I don't think I'm interested in figuring out how to do that, I don't use Nemus Launcher, and don't plan on doing so, no offense. :)

Ok no problem :)

I upload it for others , i've still hope lol