[Q] Mobile Data Question

Search This thread

Darkness30XX

Apr 30, 2012
Miami
I recently installed Mr.Apocalypses' Genesis ROM Beta7. Everything works like a boss, however, my mobile data randomly drops. Now, my mobile data works flawlessly on other ICS ROMs for my G2X, even CM9.

I would like to know why this can be an issue on some ROMs and not on others.

Spitfire

Nov 16, 2011
Miami, FL
You should probably pose this question in his ROM thread in development section. Better chance he will see it. It's a known issue but I don't know the reason why. I haven't tried any other ICS ROM's so I can't say which ones work/don't. They all use the same CM9 hax to start AFAIK.

russell956956

Mar 19, 2011
Laredo Tx
You should probably pose this question in his ROM thread in development section. Better chance he will see it. It's a known issue but I don't know the reason why. I haven't tried any other ICS ROM's so I can't say which ones work/don't. They all use the same CM9 hax to start AFAIK.

I agree, post in his thread and he will more than likely see it or someone else with a similiar issue can try to help, or since its a known issue, you can try and wait for Mr.Apocalypse to try to make a fix:D hes an awesome dev and he will get around to it.

Good luck!

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

Last edited:

RedmanOPG

May 2, 2010
Grand Haven, MI
OnePlus 7 Pro
The random data drops are issues that all ICS roms have, especially the ones that are 4.0.4 based. I explain this in the Genesis FAQ on post 2.

It's strange, when I first installed ics it was when Hellfire had just come out and nullifier was recommended when coming from gb builds. Just like everyone else I had to install twice, but I didn't get data drops. On the first few genesis betas I did the same thing and no data drops also. Only once I installed beta 5 and wiped with cwm and aroma did I see data drops. But when I installed beta 6, I only wiped with aroma and all is cherry. Better than cherry even, haven't noticed one issue except known and some freezes/touch screen issues in six guns. Could be coincidence or rom and kernel incompatibility issues, idk but just my experience. Great job on genesis Mr apoc, daily driver all day long! Woot

Reactions: Darkness30XX

RedmanOPG

May 2, 2010
Grand Haven, MI
OnePlus 7 Pro
I believe the last hfs I was running was 1.4. Could be wrong I would have to check. Nothing wrong with hells rom though, I just like the aokp hybrid that mr apoc has built a bit more!

partylikeaninjastar

Apr 13, 2012
SF Bay Area
I think HFS 1.4 was running Android 4.0.3 (I started with that ROM, too). Word on the forums is that data connectivity issues started with Android 4.0.4 which all current ROMs are using now and that will explain why you're now having data problems.

What I don't get is if that's the case, then why don't the ROMs just start using the old version again? Was it such an improvement that it's worth the hassle?

Darkness30XX

Apr 30, 2012
Miami
As many of you can probably tell, I'm a newbie, so I'm restricted to the 10 posts before I could post in the Development sub thread. However, Mr. Apocalypse came by anyway and chimed in. Thanks to everyone for their contribution and to Mr. A for being such an awesome dev.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The random data drops are issues that all ICS roms have, especially the ones that are 4.0.4 based. I explain this in the Genesis FAQ on post 2.

It's strange, when I first installed ics it was when Hellfire had just come out and nullifier was recommended when coming from gb builds. Just like everyone else I had to install twice, but I didn't get data drops. On the first few genesis betas I did the same thing and no data drops also. Only once I installed beta 5 and wiped with cwm and aroma did I see data drops. But when I installed beta 6, I only wiped with aroma and all is cherry. Better than cherry even, haven't noticed one issue except known and some freezes/touch screen issues in six guns. Could be coincidence or rom and kernel incompatibility issues, idk but just my experience. Great job on genesis Mr apoc, daily driver all day long! Woot