Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update

Search This thread

TheCraig

Sep 3, 2011
Helloooooooooooooo
That would be awesome! Any links? I can't find the source.
http://www.tabletguide.nl/24003/acer-gaat-tablets-updaten-naar-android-4-1/ they asked Acer and Acer answered, that a JB Update is planned. But they did not announce a concrete time for this update. Some german sites will rumor about Acers JB update too... So i'm nearly sure: JB is coming - hopefully soon.;)
another source http://tablet-news.com/2012/07/28/acer-confirms-jelly-bean-updates-coming-for-some-of-their-models/

Last edited:
Reactions: chriskwarren

slvrbllt

Feb 18, 2005
Rome (Caput Mundi)
Actually I don't care much about JB.
Not that I would not like to see it running on my tablet, but at the moment I am so fed up with my tablet that I would be happy even if it was running on Cupcake but without those annoying touch screen issues...

paugustin

Dec 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 7
Well we have evidence that Acer is currently working on JB for the A700. Early builds can be seen on GLBenchmark :D

Acer_AV051_A700_0.000.14_WW_GEN1
Acer_AV051_A700_0.005.00_WW_GEN1
acer/a700_ww_gen1/picasso_mf:4.1.1/JRO03H/1343153291:userdebug/test-keys
acer/a700_ww_gen1/picasso_mf:4.1.1/JRO03H/1343405184:user/release-keys

Those are very early builds but at least we know development has started !

Mechkilla

Jul 9, 2012
Ah, that's sweet. But I would prefer CM10 because then I can have the same system on my Acer A700 and my Motorola Defy. I hope Acer will make a better job on JB than on ICS (for those who want to stick with stock rom's).

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
I can tell you that JB will be amazing on this tablet.
I'm running that Alpha and its a big difference in response from ICS especially with scrolling...

I personally cannot wait.

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
What about the touch screen?
Is it responsive the way it is supposed to be?

Do you have touchscreen issues even after toggling the screen sensitivity? If yes, I think you should have the tablet replaced.

I used to have screen sensitivity issues in my tab (it had a screen protector on though), but it would go away after toggling that setting.

I'm now in a new replacement tab (without a screen protector yet), and I don't have touch screen issues. (Will install a capdase screen protector this weekend, will report if it changes screen responsiveness.)

pickarooney

Apr 4, 2011
Anyone know if JB will be available if the tablet is rooted or if it can be easily unrooted, updated and re-rooted?
Or is it just too early to tell yet?

mysha

Jul 22, 2008
Vancouver
What about the touch screen?
Is it responsive the way it is supposed to be?

I'm on my second a510, the first one had a terrible touchscreen with dead spots all over the place and just generally sketchy performance. I took it back to FutureShop for a replacement the next day and it's literally night and day. Zero problems. Go get a yours replaced, you won't believe it's the same tablet.

slvrbllt

Feb 18, 2005
Rome (Caput Mundi)
I think you should have the tablet replaced.
Go get a yours replaced, you won't believe it's the same tablet.

Well, as a matter of fact my tablet has been replaced in two distinct sessions! :)
I sent it back to Acer for fixing the touch screen issues and they replaced both the LCD and the Touch Panel. Unfortunately the problem was still there, so I resolved to send it back for assistance one more time. This time they replaced the motherboard but as you may easily guess the touch screen is still cra.. ehm.. not working properly.
I am eagerly waiting for an update to my 1.073_WW_GEN1 Rom. If the firmware update does not solve the issue at all, I am calling Acer again for a full replacement.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well we have evidence that Acer is currently working on JB for the A700. Early builds can be seen on GLBenchmark :D

Acer_AV051_A700_0.000.14_WW_GEN1
    Acer_AV051_A700_0.005.00_WW_GEN1
    acer/a700_ww_gen1/picasso_mf:4.1.1/JRO03H/1343153291:userdebug/test-keys
    acer/a700_ww_gen1/picasso_mf:4.1.1/JRO03H/1343405184:user/release-keys

Those are very early builds but at least we know development has started !
    That would be awesome! Any links? I can't find the source.
    http://www.tabletguide.nl/24003/acer-gaat-tablets-updaten-naar-android-4-1/ they asked Acer and Acer answered, that a JB Update is planned. But they did not announce a concrete time for this update. Some german sites will rumor about Acers JB update too... So i'm nearly sure: JB is coming - hopefully soon.;)
    another source http://tablet-news.com/2012/07/28/acer-confirms-jelly-bean-updates-coming-for-some-of-their-models/
    JB OTA comes end of october as of 16.10 :cool:
    I posted this on another discussion thread, but figured I would do it here as well in case someone has some insight they can add...

"I have an A700 that has an unlocked bootloader and is rooted. I can temporarily "hide" the root with OTA Rootkeeper. I keep checking for the JB update and if I leave the root in place, I get the error message that states my device cannot receive an update and to contact Acer support. HOWEVER, when I "hide" the root and check for the update, I get the message "Your device is up to date."

So, my question is this. Will the fact I have an unlocked bootloader block the update even though the tablet is showing "temporarily unrooted" with OTA Rootkeeper? If the unlocked bootloader blocks the update, is there a simple procedure to "re-lock" the bootloader?

I figured someone in this group who is a lot smarter on this stuff than I am can maybe shed some light for me.
    Thanks! :) "

Updates from Acer are always slow. They do them by region and serial number. They don't want to push OTA's to everybody at the same time.

I would say, if you haven't received it in a month, to contact Acer.

MD