T-Mobile 4.4.2 out! (At least for me)

Search This thread

antonyhan04

May 18, 2012
I dunno if this is common information but I just got the OTA a few minutes ago. Delete if this is a redundant post!

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: bleach168

doctor_evil

Dec 6, 2010
Gainesville GA
I'm getting the prompt to download it.

I downloaded it once and booted into twrp and went into the /cache folder to try to install the zip but it threw an error and wouldn't install.

other than reverting back to the stock recovery does anyone know of a way to install the update?

Last edited:
D

Darth

I'm getting the prompt to download it.

I downloaded it once and booted into twrp and went into the /cache folder to try to install the zip but it threw an error and wouldn't install.

other than reverting back to the stock recovery does anyone know of a way to install the update?

To me ...reverting to stock is the simplest way.

If you absolutely don't want to lose your stuff ...you have to return it to stock piece by piece. Many threads about it already. Many. ;)

Tho...I just transferred all my stuff to my pc ....including my titanium backup folder....pics and all that...and used rsdlite ...and put all my stuff back after. Rooted it. Restored my titanium backup. Done.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

D

Darth

I really don't know why we have stickies nor do I understand why I take my time to post threads and have stickies placed on them?
Here read on how to accept an ota http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639102

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

Life's too short for reading now days? Lol

I hate asking anything and waiting hours...days even for an answer. Been that way always....love Google search. :)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville

At&t and Verizon will be the last group to receive the ota
You can thank the folks who hacked root access on those 2 carriers , do you really think the folks at moto do not visit xda , these forums are the best way for manufactures to get opinions, consumers dislikes and likes and probably the best place to get ideas to improve they're operating systems

Reactions: Steve-x
While I can agree with this partially, if AT&T and Verizon didn't junk up the firmware and change stuff that didn't need to be changed, then we wouldn't really have a legit reason to root the phone. Dev Editions are for people who want exposed modules and all that jazz, and I feel like Moto should've made a MM phone that was Dev Edition, but can't have your cake and eat it too. Again, if AT&T and Verizon used the same firmware as T-Mobile did, then I'm sure a LOT more people, including myself, would be happy and not need root.

You can thank the folks who hacked root access on those 2 carriers , do you really think the folks at moto do not visit xda , these forums are the best way for manufactures to get opinions, consumers dislikes and likes and probably the best place to get ideas to improve they're operating systems

Cubfan99

Jun 12, 2010
I'm happy the USB OTG is back and the phone feels snappier. Battery life (for me) is noticeably better after a significant decline with 4.4. Good that they fixed all the bluetooth volume issues I was having with my headset (basically one volume on the LG Tone+ and when connected to the car, voice notifications came into the phone and not out of the car speakers). Also looks like some notifications have had some tweaks, such as picture auto-backup now shows a thumbnail of some of the images that were backed up. It's a REALLY good update for me.

Only thing that bugs me so far is that when you remove the USB storage, you get a notification that stays there until the next reboot.

RenSoAbrupt

Dec 4, 2013
Nassau
I already had great battery life. But it seems to have gotten slightly better. Not marginal, but it was enough for me to notice. Basically getting a bit more out of a 100% charge.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I really don't know why we have stickies nor do I understand why I take my time to post threads and have stickies placed on them?
    Here read on how to accept an ota http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639102

I dunno if this is common information but I just got the OTA a few minutes ago. Delete if this is a redundant post!

My phone doesn't feel different...but it's 0.0.2 more. So it must be better..../sarcasm