[Q] Window and Transition animations

Search This thread

GalaHD2

Apr 18, 2014
Neđe u Bosni
The only thing keeping me away from 4.x roms are window, status bar and transition animations.

On some roms, the transition animations are fine, but window animations bug. They dont fade. The zoom out, but dont fade. Its horriffic. I experienced that on NexusHD2 ROMs.

On others, windows animations are fine, but transitions lag horribly. Unusable.

Whats the catch? Lib? HWA? Bad blcks? Framework codes?

The only rom where everything is smooth is Evervolv (4.2.2). But it had bugs, so unusable.

On 2.x roms everything is silky smooth.

Marvlesz

Jun 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia
For me, 4.0 (ICS) was smooth, really smooth and transition was fine, but about JB I used to have the same question and I thought about it a lot, but I couldn't find an answer. I tried all methods from seeders to overclocking and optimisation to no avail. I just gave up and turned off animation from developer settings. Then I found out that it's just the old age of the device when I tried different devices with android on them. I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done about them, but if you do find a way please let me know.

lolerpro8

Jan 14, 2013
You can use xui mod xposed module, so you can chose the animations that are more suitable for you..

Sent from my Prestigio PAP5044DUO using Tapatalk

GalaHD2

Apr 18, 2014
Neđe u Bosni
For me, 4.0 (ICS) was smooth, really smooth and transition was fine, but about JB I used to have the same question and I thought about it a lot, but I couldn't find an answer. I tried all methods from seeders to overclocking and optimisation to no avail. I just gave up and turned off animation from developer settings. Then I found out that it's just the old age of the device when I tried different devices with android on them. I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done about them, but if you do find a way please let me know.

What ICS ROMs did you use?

I tried NexusHD2 i think, it had that bug too.

Marvlesz

Jun 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia
You can use xui mod xposed module, so you can chose the animations that are more suitable for you..

Sent from my Prestigio PAP5044DUO using Tapatalk

Thanks, but we are not talking about the kind of animation, we're talking about the animation fluidity.

What ICS ROMs did you use?

I tried NexusHD2 i think, it had that bug too.

I used to use NexusHD2 as well, the early versions... I'm not sure if he changed things or not (I don't use my HD2 anymore) and it's been a long time. But it was definitely much better than JB in terms of transition and animation.