[APP][4.0+] WebScrapbook released

Search This thread

OctoberApps

Aug 4, 2013
Today I released new app WebScrapbook. This app helps to quote some part of web site easily.
Main target of this app is Twitter and Tumblr user but I welcome any feedback.

[APK]
ver1.0: View attachment WebScrapbook.apk

[Google Play]
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=su.im.octoberapps.webscrapbook

[Youtube video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmCflEBjNu0

[Explanation]
While you are browsing website, have you ever wanted to quote and post a piece of the web page to Twitter, Tumblr or other apps?
In order to do so, you have to save screen shot to local storage, crop image using some app, make a note of original URL and finally post them together. But we think it is too many steps.

This app simplifies this task a lot.
WebScrapbook trims web page and send the cropped image to other apps like SNS or Email.
When you post contents from other source, it is necessary to clarify the source of quotation.
So WebScrapbook automatically copies the web page's URL to clipboard.
You can paste it as source of quotation of the cropped image.

One more significant feature is that WebScrapbook can pick up and introduce your Twitter, Tumblr posts made with this app.
If you have Twitter or Tumblr account, please input your account name in this app.
We don't require password nor authentification process. By just setting your account name,
WebScrapbook will find your posts and show them to other WebScrapbook users.

With WebScrapbook, let's make more posts and get more exposure!

By downloading WebScrapbook, you agree the following Terms of Use.
Please read them carefully before downloading WebScrapbook.
[Terms of Use]
- It is prohibited to use WebScrapbook to post contents which threaten public order and morals.
- It is prohibited to use WebScrapbook against web site which prohibits quotation.
- It is prohibited to copy whole website and post it using WebScrapbook.
WebScrapbook can be used only to quote a part of web site.
- You shall be solely responsible for the consequences of using WebScrapbook.
 The developer of WebScrapbook does not have any responsibility to the consequences of using WebScrapbook,

Last edited:

OctoberApps

Aug 4, 2013
I got report that this app does not work on MotoX. It seems that crop area selection/resizing does not work.
I am struggling to debug this issue as I don't have MotoX device.
If someone could tried this app with MotoX and let me know the behavior, I really appreciate it.
I would like to know
-If user touch corner point of square area, line color should change from red to blue. Does this work? Or line color keeps red?

*Currently, MotoX is excluded from supported list on google play but apk is attached on this thread.

Last edited:

wingchun108tek

Jan 19, 2009
Unfortunately it still not working, I downloaded the new APK that you posted. And it still the same problem as before, is not allowing us Moto X users to manipulate the handles for the cropped area. It stays the color red and does not change color.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Reactions: OctoberApps

OctoberApps

Aug 4, 2013
Unfortunately it still not working, I downloaded the new APK that you posted. And it still the same problem as before, is not allowing us Moto X users to manipulate the handles for the cropped area. It stays the color red and does not change color.

Thank you for your information. I really appreciate it.

Based on the information, I guess my issue is same as the following one:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...cationinwindow-getlocationonscreen-gethitrect

I noticed that Motorola website has information about SDK including emulator for their device. However, SDK itself is not on website now....
http://www.motorola.com/sites/motodev/SDK_Addons/installation.html

I'll try to find a way to debug this.

By the way, if someone has a device which has the same issue (cropping area cannot be adjusted), I appreciate information about the device name and Android version.

Reactions: wingchun108tek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I released new app WebScrapbook. This app helps to quote some part of web site easily.
    Main target of this app is Twitter and Tumblr user but I welcome any feedback.

[APK]
    ver1.0: View attachment WebScrapbook.apk

[Google Play]
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=su.im.octoberapps.webscrapbook

[Youtube video]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmCflEBjNu0

[Explanation]
    While you are browsing website, have you ever wanted to quote and post a piece of the web page to Twitter, Tumblr or other apps?
    In order to do so, you have to save screen shot to local storage, crop image using some app, make a note of original URL and finally post them together. But we think it is too many steps.

This app simplifies this task a lot.
    WebScrapbook trims web page and send the cropped image to other apps like SNS or Email.
    When you post contents from other source, it is necessary to clarify the source of quotation.
    So WebScrapbook automatically copies the web page's URL to clipboard.
    You can paste it as source of quotation of the cropped image.

One more significant feature is that WebScrapbook can pick up and introduce your Twitter, Tumblr posts made with this app.
    If you have Twitter or Tumblr account, please input your account name in this app.
    We don't require password nor authentification process. By just setting your account name,
    WebScrapbook will find your posts and show them to other WebScrapbook users.

With WebScrapbook, let's make more posts and get more exposure!

By downloading WebScrapbook, you agree the following Terms of Use.
    Please read them carefully before downloading WebScrapbook.
    [Terms of Use]
    - It is prohibited to use WebScrapbook to post contents which threaten public order and morals.
    - It is prohibited to use WebScrapbook against web site which prohibits quotation.
    - It is prohibited to copy whole website and post it using WebScrapbook.
    WebScrapbook can be used only to quote a part of web site.
    - You shall be solely responsible for the consequences of using WebScrapbook.
     The developer of WebScrapbook does not have any responsibility to the consequences of using WebScrapbook,
    It is a fine app, but it gets funding by ads.
    I will pay $1, $2 or more for an app but I hate getting ads.
    It is a fine app, but it gets funding by ads.
    I will pay $1, $2 or more for an app but I hate getting ads.

Hello AstroDigital,

Thank you for your comment. We thought ads in this app was modest and there was not much demand for the version without ads. But we will respect your opinion and consider releasing $1 version without ads.

Thank you for your information. I really appreciate it.

Based on the information, I guess my issue is same as the following one:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...cationinwindow-getlocationonscreen-gethitrect

I noticed that Motorola website has information about SDK including emulator for their device. However, SDK itself is not on website now....
    http://www.motorola.com/sites/motodev/SDK_Addons/installation.html

I'll try to find a way to debug this.

By the way, if someone has a device which has the same issue (cropping area cannot be adjusted), I appreciate information about the device name and Android version.