help me get my custom recovery back. lost it after OTA update

Search This thread

cesar.maranhao

Dec 7, 2013
i had a custom recovery (philz) and just updated to 4.4.4 (from 4.4.3 with root) using the OTA update (so dumb).

the phone is fine (4.4.4 at the moment) but when i want to get into the custom recovery, it shows me an android with a red exclamation mark. no recovery access.

i already tried to flash the custom recovery with fastboot but it says unknown partition using this guide:

http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/guide-nexus-5-how-to-unlock-bootloader-t2507905

can anyone help me?

Last edited:

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
if you have root, use the flashify app to reflash philz recovery. or you can always use fastboot to flash a recovery, without having root as well. the rest you have to do on your own, nobody can help you. did you use toolkits? thats the only reason i can think of why you dont know how to flash a recovery. do yourself a favor, dont use root toolkits, youll never learn a thing and will end up messing up your phone doing something that should be simple.

Reactions: cesar.maranhao

cesar.maranhao

Dec 7, 2013
if you have root, use the flashify app to reflash philz recovery. or you can always use fastboot to flash a recovery, without having root as well. the rest you have to do on your own, nobody can help you. did you use toolkits? thats the only reason i can think of why you dont know how to flash a recovery. do yourself a favor, dont use root toolkits, youll never learn a thing and will end up messing up your phone doing something that should be simple.

hi,

i am trying to flash the recovery with the command prompt

fastboot flash philz.zip

it says unknown partition. i do not know why.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    done, nevermind... sintax error LOL

yea, in fastboot it would have been..

fastboot flash recovery philz.img