[Q] Looking for custom ROM

Search This thread

o0klocek0o

Jul 26, 2014
Hi.

I'm tired of performance of my I9000 and I don't want to spend money for new phone.
I know that there's thousands of threads like that, but at most of them people recommend kitkat roms, which are really crappy.
I tried a lot of custom ROMs (most of them based on JB).

I'm using my phone as navigation, music player, a little bit web browser (no gaming) and of course phone things like sms.

Now I got GamerzROM based on 4.2.2 with swap on SD card and without OC (when I OC my phone, google maps + 3G makes it really hot).
I don't care of version of android, it can be CM7, stock or something. I need only stable rom for these basic things.
For now, using stock CM SMS app or google maps with swiftkey is almost impossible.

Thanks.

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
You're wrong about KK ROMs.

KitKat ROMs run faster than any other android version. I suggest doing a full wipe and trying out CM11 with a decent custom kernel.

And this is a question, which should be in Q&A forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: o0klocek0o

o0klocek0o

Jul 26, 2014
So which one should I try? One of official CM or custom like SlimKat, MackayROM ? And which kernel ? Semaphore, Mackay ?

Thanks and sorry for posting in wrong category.

o0klocek0o

Jul 26, 2014
Sure, I tried it.
It doesn't see my sim card (i can't enter PIN and signal bar is blank). I tried to fresh install (from cm11), factory reset, format /system, clear dalvik etc., and it's not fast at all.

o0klocek0o

Jul 26, 2014
I know, why I got problem with Resurrection Remix - my imei was broken after flashing new rom (new partition layout or something), now when I restored it and give RR another try, it looks really nice (highly customizable rom and it's not as slow as I thought). I only got some problems with quick settings selection (it's little bugged ?).

What type ROM do you like most?
I like customizable roms, but if it is at the expense of performance I would choose rom without any options.

For now I'm testing Resurrection Remix.

TLH11

Oct 30, 2012
CM11 with Semaphore at 1.2Ghz Noop should be fast. Dont full the phone with a lot of apps and make use of the privacy settings to avoid apps like facebook keeping alive. If they kept, kill the services and processes of the app. GL!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You're wrong about KK ROMs.

KitKat ROMs run faster than any other android version. I suggest doing a full wipe and trying out CM11 with a decent custom kernel.

And this is a question, which should be in Q&A forum.
    So which one should I try? One of official CM or custom like SlimKat, MackayROM ? And which kernel ? Semaphore, Mackay ?

Thanks and sorry for posting in wrong category.

Did you try Resurrection Remix?