Need for an android section?

Would you like an Android ROM dev section?

• yes

Votes: 69 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Flar

Administrator Emeritus
Apr 19, 2006
Arnhem
Hi Everyone,

We got some requests to split this forum up into a WM and and Android section, please let us know your opinion by voting on the poll.

Thanks in advance!

Flar

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
Hey Flar,

We probably should either do that or simply rename the "General" to Android as most of (if not all) of the latest threads in that section have been about Android. I will probably be a lot simpler to just rename them. As far as the other threads (oder one relating to WM), we can transfer them to the ROM Development section.
But we should definitely do that since the Vogue has been one of the most successful devices for Android porting, so I think it deserves its own section.

My two cents...

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
No, a lot of people still post application-related WinMo support questions there.

It makes sense the General forum should be for stock devices.

They get rapidly buried due to the constant Android activity.

Who uses stock?!?!? :D
If you have a good set of general guidelines (instruction sets and a good Q&A thread), there is no need for this "General" section.

In fact, that just gave me an idea...

jnadke

Jul 17, 2008
Who uses stock?!?!? :D
If you have a good set of general guidelines (instruction sets and a good Q&A thread), there is no need for this "General" section.

In fact, that just gave me an idea...

Well, given the choice of "ROM Development" and "General", people put their questions in General.

Renaming the forums to "Touch CDMA Android" and "Touch CMDA Windows Mobile" would be satisfactory.

Last edited:

jamezelle

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2007
Ohio
www.jamezelle.com
Well, considering that it is only a matter of renaming the section, I don't believe that there is much to be done in that (especially considering that they have already renamed most sections on the site a few days ago).

nah.....

touch cdma General ---all the stuff that doesnt fit in the below...general questions about the device that are not development related this will clean up the development forums

touch cdma Android Rom Development ---self explanatory :rolleyes:

touch cdma Windows Mobile Rom development ---also self explanatory:D

touch cdma Accessories ---need i go on:)

;)

ps i vote yes again lol

Last edited:

zenulator

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 12, 2009
The vogue and kaiser both need an "Android Development" forum since we are completely running android without windows mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.