[GUIDE] Unlock Bootloader and Flash Custom Recovery L90 D410, D405n, D405 [CWM][TWR]

Search This thread

thE AlpHa

Mar 22, 2015
Rasht
D405

Hi guys.
has anyone realy tried this method on regular D405? I don't mean D405n, I mean D405.
and has it really worked for this version?
Bcaz I'm not familiar with Lg devices I can just take care of samsung.
I'll appreciate if sb replies me.
thx

arunon2013

Jan 25, 2014
coimbatore
If ADB still recognizes your device, then yes, flash back your original aboot image. Otherwise, it's KDZ flash. Did you zero out your laf partition to enable fastboot? If so, put device in fastboot mode and flash aboot backup with
Code:
fastboot flash aboot "path/to/aboot.bin"

i bricked my LG D410 and i successfully unbricked my mobile by following 4pda russian thread .. after flashing the kdz file.. my sim cards tower came .. but no service .. i mean IMEI is blanked when i check for this code *#06# .. ( but im flashed my friends LG d410 kdz file ) but ... my doubt is kdz file is different from mobile to mobile ? same model ? confused ... help me .. thanks :(

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1040079 i seen this thread for recovering imei no to flash modem files ... i dont know how to find modem files for my device .. help me pls ..i would like to cry

Last edited:

xuanam

Jan 19, 2013
Install recovery for L90 d410 Lollipop

I have L90 d410 up to Lollipop 5.0.2 by KDZ d41020a. Please to guide installing Recovery CWM for my device,
Thanks!

mamdroid

Feb 25, 2014
Pensacola
Hello I have a LG Optimus D500. I understand that this guide is not for phone, but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. As I can not seem to find a thread for the D500. I am looking to root and install custom recovery. I would appreciate any help I could get on this. Thanks a bunch:cowboy:

dothque

Jun 23, 2014
aboot with ADB

Hi,

Thanks for the guide.

I used ADB to push the aboot.
In command (CMD), just type ADB shell
under shell, copy the code you published.

khedr30000

Dec 20, 2013
EGYPT
please sir what aboot patched file can i use to Unlock my bootloader my device D410 V20A

i found patched files for V20C and V20B only

What To Do

Please Help .

Nov 18, 2013
Mumbai
Fully irritated due to this phone..please help..when i purchased the phone it was kitkat and i dont remember the software version..then official lollipop update came and i updated..but i didnt liked it so i thought to downgrade to kitkat and downgraded..but i got v10f kitkat version..and heard that there's no about.bin file for v10f..so i again flashed v10c so that i can get into recovery..so i tried all unlock methods(adb,terminal) and tried all about.bin files..but none worked :(..[[MAIN REASON FOR THIS MESSAGE IS "UNLOCK BOOTLOADER"..SO PLEASE HELP FOR THE SAME]]..attached the image for the softare version..kindly see for it :[

Thanks In Advance..Please do reply :)

Attachments

• 11667146_944572175607447_677538342_n.jpg
    11667146_944572175607447_677538342_n.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 258

MacioZiom

Aug 19, 2015
For those who have L90 device bricked.

I found something really helpful for those who have LG l90 bricked.
gintariukeas said:
I got my phone to work again with another method from Russian guys:
We need
1) LOADER.IMG LG L90-D410
2) DiskImageRev2.exe
3) Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool
Download everything from here

1) Connect phone to computer
2) Install the program to format the Hard Disk Low Level Format Too Then run it
3) Format the phone, do not forget to put a tick in formatting PERFORM QWICK WIPE
4) Do not remove the phone from the PC
5) Go to My computer, there you will see a flash drive, click on it and format the default means of WINDOWS
6) Run the program to record the image IMG DiskImageRev2
7) Specify the path to the downloaded and extract the image LOADER.IMG
8) Indicate a formatted disk drive letter
9) Next, check the box on the MB5 HASH press WRITE, further confirm the action
10) Remove battery, wire, wait 5 sec., Insert the battery, hold the volume button "+" and connect the USB
12) Your phone starts to DOWNLOADER
13) Download D410 .kdz file and flash it via LGMobile Flash Tool

Last edited:

gjurosi

Nov 27, 2012
don't see any aboot.bin when I connect my phone ? why ? or I only need extract these one from forum to open boattloader to external storage ? sorry for asking such stupid question but better to ask than to brick phone ...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS GUIDE IS ONLY FOR L90 D410, D405, D405n

First of all, This is not my original work.
    I am just sharing this GUIDE for easy Bootloader Unlocking and flashing Custom Recovery to L90.

I have tested this method myself and it is working perfectly for me, but it is also possible that it might not work for you for some reasons, so don't panic, just post your problem or whatever error you are facing (please attach screenshot if possible). I or other thread members will try to troubleshoot it. After resolving the problem I'll update this post, so that other members do not face such problem again.
    • PLEASE, USE THIS TUTORIAL AT YOUR OWN RISK, IF SOMETHING WENT WRONG (because of your stupidity) ME OR XDA WILL NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LOSS.

Root Access required to Unlocking Bootloader and Flashing Recovery. If you are already rooted then go on, if not then down towelroot apk from https://towelroot.com/ and root your phone and install superuser from play store.

If towelroot is not supported to your device, then follow my EASY ROOTING GUIDE below :-

[GUIDE] [NEW] Root All L90 Varients with Latest updates [EASY]

DEVICES FLASHED WITH THIS GUIDE AND TESTED OK: LG L90 (D410)

Follow this guide step by step :-

1. Download and extract L90_D4##_v10x_aboot.zip (# = your device model, x = version of stock firmware) and any custom recovery zip you want to flash from the attachments below this post to external sd card (aboot.bin should be on external sd (/storage/external_SD/aboot.bin) , not in any other folder.

2. Download and install terminal from play store and run it.

3. Now type following commands in terminal :-

su
    dd if=/storage/external_SD/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
    (Grant superuse permission to terminal after typing "SU" command)

4. Exit terminal, download and install Flashify from play store. Run it and grant root access.

5. Tap on Recovery image > chose a file > select recovery.img file

6. Tap on Yup!

That's it you are done

HOW TO BOOT INTO RECOVERY PRESSING VOLUME AND POWER KEY

You can reboot to recovery via flashify app or following key combination: -

Power of your phone press both Volume Down + Power Button same time, As soon as the LG logo appears release both buttons and immediately press and hold same buttons (Volume Down+Power) again. Now Factory data reset screen will appear saying "Erase all user data & restore default settings?". Use volume down key to select "Yes" and press power button to confirm and now you should be in recovery. (Caution: Don't try this while stock recovery installed or it will erase all your data)

In case of brick or want to flash stock firmware, please follow this guide :

[Easy][GUIDE][UNROOT][RELOCK BOOTLOADER]Flash Stock KDZ Offline LG L90 [All Variants]

Here is also another method to unlock bootloder using ADB on PC by @
    SubliemeSiem

Guide to unlocking the bootloader on the L90 using ADB
    @up
    You don't have su on Terminal. If you had the prompt would show "#" instead of "$".

Are you sure you granted Terminal superuser rights after using su? Check your superuser app to make sure it's granted. If no window appears when using su to grant superuser rights then you haven't rooted your L90 sucessfuly.

Edit: the screenshot shows you granted Terminal superuser rights. Remove it (don't block, just remove) and try again. If you don't see a dialog asking for grating rights when issuing su then something is wrong. Try another terminal app or use adb.

Sent from my LG-D410 using XDA Free mobile app
    i need aboot.bin for D405tr v10d
    plz help me

Hi

My soft version is v10f for 405n. What's the difference between these versions and should I consider installing aboot for v10b being stupid? How may I unlock bootloader then?

Thanks, L90 is really nice phone

Hello Guys,
    These aboot files are not cracked by me, so I don't know how to crack aboot file to unlock bootloader. I spent a whole day to search aboot files for your L90 Models and method to crack aboot file, but didn't get anything :(. I am very sorry that I am unable to help you guys. I will continue my search, as soon as I get something, I will update my thread.:good:

wojtek267
    I don't know if it is possible to unlock bootloader of v10f with v10b. I also don't know what will happen if you flash v10b aboot file to you phone. :confused: It could brick you device also, so be careful before trying this.
    i have done it a little different way that OP said. on my INDIAN D410
    here is what i have done.

1.i have rooted with towelroot and install "supersu,busybox and quick boot "from playstore
    2.enabled developer settings in about phone.
    3.go to developer settings and enabled usb debugging
    4.connect phone to pc in MTP mode
    5.open terminal on my ubuntu(you can use windows with adb installed)
    6.given following commands
    (accept the rsa key prompt if appears)
    (grand super user request)
    dd if=/storage/external_SD/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
    reboot
    (after reboot go to adb shell again with su propmt)
    dd if=/storage/external_SD/cwm.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    (you can use cwm.img or twrp.img from quarx's cm11 thread)
    in quick boot >>>click recovery>>grant super user
    and you are in recovery.

i think this is a easy way as no one has to type commands on mobile which is cubbersome and liitle uneasy.

here you can copy paste if you want...:)
    Hi guys,
    I've bricked my D415 by flashing the aboot.bin for the D410.
    Now my device doesn't turn on, even when I connect the charger. However when I connect the charger cable with the battery out, the phone turnson and shows a signal to put battery back.

Is there any way to solve this issue? Maybe by reflashing the aboot.bin (I backed it up before).........

Help plz... :(
    If ADB still recognizes your device, then yes, flash back your original aboot image. Otherwise, it's KDZ flash. Did you zero out your laf partition to enable fastboot? If so, put device in fastboot mode and flash aboot backup with
    Code:
    fastboot flash aboot "path/to/aboot.bin"