[Jul 28][REF] ★★★The Definitve Guide To Android On HTC HD2 ★★★ [UPDATED]

Search This thread

HD GEEK

Aug 22, 2009

android-banner-complete-green.jpg

[WARNING] ***ANDROID ON HD2 IS STILL AT EARLY STAGES NO 1 CAN BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE ***

From what i have found there are at the moment 3 main builds that are running well -

HTC SENSE (DESIRE ROM)

FROYO BUILD BY dan1j3l

Froyo 2.2 Android Build by Parad0XUA

FROYO 2.2 WITH SENSE

Android 2.1 Eclair (Senseless)

all these can be found at http://gamesquare.co.uk allways keep a close eye on this site as new builds come out fairly frequent as development is quick.

★★★NOW HOW TO GET ANDROID ON HTC HD2★★★

Download a build of your choice

htc sense desire build

or froyo build

**THERE ARE ALSO NEW BUILDS BEING ADDED TO HD2 ANDROID SECTION ALL THE TIME WITH INFO AND LINKS AVALIBLE WITHIN THE THREAD **

Prepare your device

windows rom - windows rom has been linked with issues within the android builds so for the first time im going to compile a list of working roms here that have no issues within android

i have been using ChuckyROM GTX + CHT 1.8.5 - 23128 from the start of android development and have yet to have an issue below is a list of other roms and links that are working well with android :-

[URL="http://hotfile.com/list/701370/0d49ddf"]BARE BONES WM ROM FOR ANDROID BY NRGZ28
[/URL]

[ROM][WWE]★★★Astraios Roms★★★[REG/BUUF/GTX][23569][22nd July]

ELEGANCIA ROM Series™

ChuckyROM GTX + CHT 1.8.5 - 23128 ~ 2.10.1

¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ | 21911||23129 * Sense 2018

★★★ PLEASE LEAVE LINKS AND INFORM ME OF ANY ROMS YOU HAVE TRIED AND HAD NO ISSSUES ★★★

FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO FLASH A ROM PLEASE GO TO FLASHING GUIDE.

THE RADIO

RADIO IS SIMPLE USE ONLY RADIO FROM 2.08 ~ 2.12 DONT USE A RADIO LOWER THAN 2.08 AS IT WILL NOT BOOT I CAN NOT SAY WHICH IS THE BEST RADIO AS IT IS DIFFRENT IN DIFFRENT AREAS THE BEST THING WOULD BE TO TEST DIFFRENT RADIOS WITH ANDROID I HAVE TESTED 2.12 AND HAD NO ISSUES.

HOW TO INSTALL A RADIO : -

For installing a RADIO ROM you need HardSPL installed to your device.
Rename the extracted file to "RUU_Signed.nbh" and flash with the CustomRUU

RADIOS THAT WORK WITH ANDROID : -

Leo_RADIO_2.12.50.02_2: MegaUpload
Leo_RADIO_2.11.50.26**: MegaUpload
Leo_RADIO_2.11.50.20**: MegaUpload
Leo_RADIO_2.10.50.28_2: MegaUpload
Leo_RADIO_2.10.50.26**: MegaUpload
Leo_RADIO_2.10.50.19_2: MegaUpload
Leo_RADIO_2.08.50.05**: MegaUpload

FOR REF USE RADIO THREAD

HSPL

You must have hspl 2 or 3 for android to run well please use HSPL GUIDE

Memory Card
all though not nessecery re-formating your memory card is a must - i had problems with android builds in the past but re-formating memory crad solved nearly all crashes and and slow downs.

BACK UP ALL DATA BEFORE RE-FORMATING

RE-FORMAT TO FAT32
COPYING ANDROID ACROSS

SENSE BUILD - copy all files to the ROOT of your memory card not a subfolder i.e haret boot loader should be in E:/HaRet.exe not E:/android/HaRet.exe

FROYO BUILD - Copy all files to a folder called android on the root of your memory card i.e haret boot loader should be in E:/android/HaRet.exe

**SOME NEW BUILDS ARE BEING ARE BEING PLACED IN FOLDERS WITH NEW NAMES IF THIS IS THE CASE IT WILL BE STATED WITHIN THE README**

BOOTING ANDROID

easyiest way to boot is to boot windows then go to a file explorer and run CLRCAD.EXE then run HaRet.exe ALWAYS REMEMBER RUN CLRCAD.EXE FIRST AS THIS GIVES ANDROID SOUND DONT WORRY IF IT DOES NOTHING ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO

YOU MUST BOOT ANDROID THIS WAY WITHIN 30 SECOUNDS OF WINDWOS BOOTING OTHERWISE ANDROID WILL RUN IN TURBO MODE AND BE VERY UNSTABLE.FIXED WITH NEW ZIMAGE

DUEL-BOOT PROGRAMS -

GEN.Y DUEL BOOT - QUOTE FROM NRG -

Hi All,

I changed the dual boot cab from yozgatg.

It now puts clrcad.exe to the startup folder so if you boot android you'll have sound. I also put the skin in from sk8inmonk.
So credits for yozgatg and sk8inmonk.

Only boots android directly from the root of the storage card!

This has an autoboot option in 10 seconds or in 3 seconds.

LINK

jmz Android Dual-Boot for HD2 v4 --- 19JUL10

LINK TO THREAD

***IMPORTANT THINGS WHEN BOOTING ANDROID***

WHEN BOOTED GO TO ANDROID MARKET AND DOWNLOAD ADVANCED APP KILLER I HAVE FOUND THIS THE MOST IMPORTANT APP TO HAVE ATM AS IT KILLS APPS YOU DONT WANT RUNNING THUS SAVING BATTERY :)

POWER MANAGMENT IS A BIG ISSUE AT THE MOMENT BUT I HAVE FOUND THAT LEAVING PLUGED IN ON CHARGE WHILE BOOTING ANDROID WILL CHARGE THE PHONE BUT THE LED WILL STAY PERMENANTLY ON!
EDIT - USE LATEST ZIMAGE LOCATED IN 3RD POST AND ALL CHARGING PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED

ALL QUESTIONS WELCOME IN THIS THREAD NO MATTER HOW NOOBISH ALL WILL BE ANSWERED F&Q SECTION COMING SOON ALONG WITH A TROUBLESHOOTING CHART FOR NOW I HAVE WORK :)

Last edited by a moderator:

HD GEEK

Aug 22, 2009
TROUBLESHOOTING

THE PROBLEM - The linux kernel did not finish booting.

/ failed to mount the sd card. cannot continue
/ bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
/

SOLUTION -

What I did was download and install the SDFormatter tool and formatted my SD card. I've had formatted my card a lot of times but this tool did the trick.

You can locate it here: http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/sdfv2000.zip

(PROBLEM AND SOLUTION PROVIDED BY WOUSIPX

ANDROID TIPS AND TRICKS

LONG PRESSING HOME BUTTON OPENS A TAB SHOW ALL APPS THAT ARE OPEN SO YOU CAN SWITCH BETWEEN THEM

Last edited:

HD GEEK

Aug 22, 2009
UPDATES TO ANDROID DEVELOPMENT

22-JULY-2010 - ANDROID NOW CHARGING WITH LATEST ZIMAGE LATEST ZIMAGE

JUST COPY AND REPLACE OLD ZIMAGE WITH THIS NEW 1 :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22- JULY - 2010 - NEW FROYO 2.2 WITH SENSE BUILD PREIVIEW RELEASED TRY IT NOW (THANKS TO dan1j3|) DARKSTONE TORRENT LINK MEGAUPLOAD LINK

UPDATE 23 - JULY - 2010 - MESSAGE FROM DAN1j3|

due to "legal issues" i will discontinue android development with proprietary elements (as HTC sense) and continue my work on open-source

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23 - JULY - 2010 - NEW ZIMAGE

1. increased touch screen sample max - from 30 per sec up to 200 per sec.
2. AC/USB charging and connection works if cable was unplugged during haret start.
3. added special debug output for speedy timer
4. GSensor should works slight faster now...
5. More...
LINK << gsodders version LINK << CABLEDET_NOSPEEDY VERSION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23 - JULY - 2010 - ANDROID ROM BY NRG - LINK

This ROM is a combination of my minimalistic windows mobile ROM based on 21911 and the Android HTC Desire V5 build by Darkstone, with the latest (Jul 23) kernel from Cotulla.

23 - JULY - 2010 - NEW FROYO (SENSELESS) BUILD RELEASED BY XTARANTULA - LINK

Features:

* Calling
* Camera
* Edge / 3G
* Extended system space
* FM
* Full-screen apps (not completely tested?)
* G-Sensors
* SMS / MMS (mms in! but out? Needs further testing)
* USB/AC charging
* Wifi (Some may experience hanging while "obtaining address")

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24 - JULY - 2010 - Parad0XUA Latest Leo Android Test/Beta Build
link

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25 - JULY - 2010 - NEW ZIMAGE RELEASED
- LINK

README :-

1. Panel on/off
2. Something else, but seems I forgot already about it. Sorry.

RECOMENDED NOT TO USE AS IT IS VERY UNSTABLE COMPARED TO EARLYER BUILDS

28 - JULY - 2010 - (INFORMATION BACKDATED FROM LAST 3 DAYS TILL NOW)

2 NEW BUILDS RELEASED -

mattc Leo + Froyo w/Sense RC1.2 - link

darkstone HD2Froyo v1 - LINK

**GPS NOW WORKING** - DOWNLOAD THIS AND REPLACE FILE LOCATED ON SD CARD - does NOT work on all Android versions

Last edited:

dragos193

Jul 31, 2009
i have a noob problem ! .. i can't connect my phone when in android and can't put some app in sd ... the only way is to switch to wm ?

tomasz

Jan 4, 2006
Utrecht Region
Why?

How does this thread have any added value next to the developers-maintained thread in HD2 General?
This is just going to generate a hell of a lot of extra work for the mods and will result in information about the current (beta) builds being scattered over multiple threads..

I'd say: stick with the original thread. There's no new information in this thread. (everything is in the first posts of the developer-thread, possibly linked to the htc-linux wiki).

lollypop

Apr 26, 2006
i do have a few questions here.

if i'm on the 'Android mode' & i happen to send & receive some sms there.
will these sms show up in my 'WM mode'?
like wise for those old sms that are in my 'WM mode', will they show up in the 'Android mode'?

does the desire v5 still have the same data problem where large data cannot get thru?

thanks!

Last edited:

HD GEEK

Aug 22, 2009
Hi, how i can Cahnge from Sense to the "normal" today screen? On the first launch of the desire 5 rom i asked... but can i change later again?

If you dont want sense then your best of using the froyo build other than that you can go to >settings>manage applications>go down to sense and unistall not sure about re-installing will have a look for you :)

HD GEEK

Aug 22, 2009
i do have a small question here.
like wise for those old sms that are in my 'WM mode', will they show up in the 'Android mode'?
simple answer no all messages will be saved to witch ever mode you are in at the tym you recive the message

Reactions: richardderlagen

SuJaR

Nov 29, 2009

POWER MANAGMENT IS A BIG ISSUE AT THE MOMENT BUT I HAVE FOUND THAT LEAVING PLUGED IN ON CHARGE WHILE BOOTING ANDROID WILL CHARGE THE PHONE BUT THE LED WILL STAY PERMENANTLY ON!

On my device with:
- WM-ROM: Bsb v5
- Radio: 2.10+
- Android ROM: desire v5

- boot the device with the usb plugged. Now the led is ON.
- when android is running, the led is still ON, but appears that is not charging. At this moment i disconnect the usb and re-connect. Now the devices is charging (the battery icon is now "Charging"). The led is ALWAYS ON.
- when the battery is 100% charged i remove the usb cable and restart the device.
- VOILA, battery charged and led OFF. :)

byee

HD GEEK

Aug 22, 2009
How does this thread have any added value next to the developers-maintained thread in HD2 General?
This is just going to generate a hell of a lot of extra work for the mods and will result in information about the current (beta) builds being scattered over multiple threads..

I'd say: stick with the original thread. There's no new information in this thread. (everything is in the first posts of the developer-thread, possibly linked to the htc-linux wiki).

people were getting stressed at people who needed simple answers over in the developers thread so i made a topic for all noobs and pros alike to get answers no1 will get flamed here for noobish answers and all questions and answers will be put in the f&q section for future ref

this thread will be kept up to date by the minute with all the latest builds and developments.

id say this therad is aimed more at the new users more than the hardcore user

HD GEEK

Aug 22, 2009
On my device with:
- WM-ROM: Bsb v5
- Radio: 2.10+
- Android ROM: desire v5

- boot the device with the usb plugged. Now the led is ON.
- when android is running, the led is still ON, but appears that is not charging. At this moment i disconnect the usb and re-connect. Now the devices is charging (the battery icon is now "Charging"). The led is ALWAYS ON.
- when the battery is 100% charged i remove the usb cable and restart the device.
- VOILA, battery charged and led OFF. :)

byee

copy latest zimage across and there is no need for any of that as charging works fine no need to have it plugged in on boot and no led :)

LATEST ZIMAGE LOCATED IN 3RD POST

Last edited:

dude0014

Nov 21, 2009
people were getting stressed at people who needed simple answers over in the developers thread so i made a topic for all noobs and pros alike to get answers no1 will get flamed here for noobish answers and all questions and answers will be put in the f&q section for future ref

this thread will be kept up to date by the minute with all the latest builds and developments.

id say this therad is aimed more at the new users more than the hardcore user
Honestly I think u did a great job :) Thanks!!

matt_man1066

May 1, 2010

Good Afternoon,

This is what i've been waiting for! ive been trying to put this on my hd2 for a week now and cant get it to work, im not very good with this kinda thing, but now I know exactly what to do now! if HD geek is willing to update it then ok

Thankq

Last edited:

dannyfoster87

Mar 5, 2010
Im still having problems with it booting but im using radio 2.07.51.22_2

Is there a simple way to change radio roms? few of the threads ive read on this look a bit complex

HD GEEK

Aug 22, 2009
Im still having problems with it booting but im using radio 2.07.51.22_2

Is there a simple way to change radio roms? few of the threads ive read on this look a bit complex

have you tried the radio thread they explain things very well if your still stuck the message me ** link to radio thread located in first post**

JUST EDITED THE GUIDE FOR YOU THE PART ABOUT RADIOS HOPE THIS HELPS

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

android-banner-complete-green.jpg

[WARNING] ***ANDROID ON HD2 IS STILL AT EARLY STAGES NO 1 CAN BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE ***

From what i have found there are at the moment 3 main builds that are running well -

HTC SENSE (DESIRE ROM)

FROYO BUILD BY dan1j3l

Froyo 2.2 Android Build by Parad0XUA

FROYO 2.2 WITH SENSE

Android 2.1 Eclair (Senseless)

all these can be found at http://gamesquare.co.uk allways keep a close eye on this site as new builds come out fairly frequent as development is quick.

★★★NOW HOW TO GET ANDROID ON HTC HD2★★★

Download a build of your choice

htc sense desire build

or froyo build

**THERE ARE ALSO NEW BUILDS BEING ADDED TO HD2 ANDROID SECTION ALL THE TIME WITH INFO AND LINKS AVALIBLE WITHIN THE THREAD **

Prepare your device

windows rom - windows rom has been linked with issues within the android builds so for the first time im going to compile a list of working roms here that have no issues within android

i have been using ChuckyROM GTX + CHT 1.8.5 - 23128 from the start of android development and have yet to have an issue below is a list of other roms and links that are working well with android :-

[URL="http://hotfile.com/list/701370/0d49ddf"]BARE BONES WM ROM FOR ANDROID BY NRGZ28
    [/URL]

[ROM][WWE]★★★Astraios Roms★★★[REG/BUUF/GTX][23569][22nd July]

ELEGANCIA ROM Series™

ChuckyROM GTX + CHT 1.8.5 - 23128 ~ 2.10.1

¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ | 21911||23129 * Sense 2018

★★★ PLEASE LEAVE LINKS AND INFORM ME OF ANY ROMS YOU HAVE TRIED AND HAD NO ISSSUES ★★★

FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO FLASH A ROM PLEASE GO TO FLASHING GUIDE.

THE RADIO

RADIO IS SIMPLE USE ONLY RADIO FROM 2.08 ~ 2.12 DONT USE A RADIO LOWER THAN 2.08 AS IT WILL NOT BOOT I CAN NOT SAY WHICH IS THE BEST RADIO AS IT IS DIFFRENT IN DIFFRENT AREAS THE BEST THING WOULD BE TO TEST DIFFRENT RADIOS WITH ANDROID I HAVE TESTED 2.12 AND HAD NO ISSUES.

HOW TO INSTALL A RADIO : -

For installing a RADIO ROM you need HardSPL installed to your device.
    Rename the extracted file to "RUU_Signed.nbh" and flash with the CustomRUU

RADIOS THAT WORK WITH ANDROID : -

Leo_RADIO_2.12.50.02_2: MegaUpload
    Leo_RADIO_2.11.50.26**: MegaUpload
    Leo_RADIO_2.11.50.20**: MegaUpload
    Leo_RADIO_2.10.50.28_2: MegaUpload
    Leo_RADIO_2.10.50.26**: MegaUpload
    Leo_RADIO_2.10.50.19_2: MegaUpload
    Leo_RADIO_2.08.50.05**: MegaUpload

FOR REF USE RADIO THREAD

HSPL

You must have hspl 2 or 3 for android to run well please use HSPL GUIDE

Memory Card
    all though not nessecery re-formating your memory card is a must - i had problems with android builds in the past but re-formating memory crad solved nearly all crashes and and slow downs.

BACK UP ALL DATA BEFORE RE-FORMATING

RE-FORMAT TO FAT32
    COPYING ANDROID ACROSS

SENSE BUILD - copy all files to the ROOT of your memory card not a subfolder i.e haret boot loader should be in E:/HaRet.exe not E:/android/HaRet.exe

FROYO BUILD - Copy all files to a folder called android on the root of your memory card i.e haret boot loader should be in E:/android/HaRet.exe

**SOME NEW BUILDS ARE BEING ARE BEING PLACED IN FOLDERS WITH NEW NAMES IF THIS IS THE CASE IT WILL BE STATED WITHIN THE README**

BOOTING ANDROID

easyiest way to boot is to boot windows then go to a file explorer and run CLRCAD.EXE then run HaRet.exe ALWAYS REMEMBER RUN CLRCAD.EXE FIRST AS THIS GIVES ANDROID SOUND DONT WORRY IF IT DOES NOTHING ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO

YOU MUST BOOT ANDROID THIS WAY WITHIN 30 SECOUNDS OF WINDWOS BOOTING OTHERWISE ANDROID WILL RUN IN TURBO MODE AND BE VERY UNSTABLE.FIXED WITH NEW ZIMAGE

DUEL-BOOT PROGRAMS -

GEN.Y DUEL BOOT - QUOTE FROM NRG -

Hi All,

I changed the dual boot cab from yozgatg.

It now puts clrcad.exe to the startup folder so if you boot android you'll have sound. I also put the skin in from sk8inmonk.
    So credits for yozgatg and sk8inmonk.

Only boots android directly from the root of the storage card!

This has an autoboot option in 10 seconds or in 3 seconds.

LINK

jmz Android Dual-Boot for HD2 v4 --- 19JUL10

LINK TO THREAD

WHEN BOOTED GO TO ANDROID MARKET AND DOWNLOAD ADVANCED APP KILLER I HAVE FOUND THIS THE MOST IMPORTANT APP TO HAVE ATM AS IT KILLS APPS YOU DONT WANT RUNNING THUS SAVING BATTERY :)

EDIT - USE LATEST ZIMAGE LOCATED IN 3RD POST AND ALL CHARGING PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED

ALL QUESTIONS WELCOME IN THIS THREAD NO MATTER HOW NOOBISH ALL WILL BE ANSWERED F&Q SECTION COMING SOON ALONG WITH A TROUBLESHOOTING CHART FOR NOW I HAVE WORK :)

TROUBLESHOOTING

THE PROBLEM - The linux kernel did not finish booting.

/ failed to mount the sd card. cannot continue
    / bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
    /

SOLUTION -

What I did was download and install the SDFormatter tool and formatted my SD card. I've had formatted my card a lot of times but this tool did the trick.

You can locate it here: http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/sdfv2000.zip

(PROBLEM AND SOLUTION PROVIDED BY WOUSIPX

ANDROID TIPS AND TRICKS

LONG PRESSING HOME BUTTON OPENS A TAB SHOW ALL APPS THAT ARE OPEN SO YOU CAN SWITCH BETWEEN THEM
    UPDATES TO ANDROID DEVELOPMENT

22-JULY-2010 - ANDROID NOW CHARGING WITH LATEST ZIMAGE LATEST ZIMAGE

JUST COPY AND REPLACE OLD ZIMAGE WITH THIS NEW 1 :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22- JULY - 2010 - NEW FROYO 2.2 WITH SENSE BUILD PREIVIEW RELEASED TRY IT NOW (THANKS TO dan1j3|) DARKSTONE TORRENT LINK MEGAUPLOAD LINK

UPDATE 23 - JULY - 2010 - MESSAGE FROM DAN1j3|

due to "legal issues" i will discontinue android development with proprietary elements (as HTC sense) and continue my work on open-source

23 - JULY - 2010 - NEW ZIMAGE

1. increased touch screen sample max - from 30 per sec up to 200 per sec.
    2. AC/USB charging and connection works if cable was unplugged during haret start.
    3. added special debug output for speedy timer
    4. GSensor should works slight faster now...
    5. More...
    LINK << gsodders version LINK << CABLEDET_NOSPEEDY VERSION

23 - JULY - 2010 - ANDROID ROM BY NRG - LINK

This ROM is a combination of my minimalistic windows mobile ROM based on 21911 and the Android HTC Desire V5 build by Darkstone, with the latest (Jul 23) kernel from Cotulla.

23 - JULY - 2010 - NEW FROYO (SENSELESS) BUILD RELEASED BY XTARANTULA - LINK

Features:

* Calling
    * Camera
    * Edge / 3G
    * Extended system space
    * FM
    * Full-screen apps (not completely tested?)
    * G-Sensors
    * SMS / MMS (mms in! but out? Needs further testing)
    * USB/AC charging
    * Wifi (Some may experience hanging while "obtaining address")

24 - JULY - 2010 - Parad0XUA Latest Leo Android Test/Beta Build
    link

25 - JULY - 2010 - NEW ZIMAGE RELEASED
    - LINK

README :-

1. Panel on/off
    2. Something else, but seems I forgot already about it. Sorry.

RECOMENDED NOT TO USE AS IT IS VERY UNSTABLE COMPARED TO EARLYER BUILDS

28 - JULY - 2010 - (INFORMATION BACKDATED FROM LAST 3 DAYS TILL NOW)

2 NEW BUILDS RELEASED -

mattc Leo + Froyo w/Sense RC1.2 - link

darkstone HD2Froyo v1 - LINK

**GPS NOW WORKING** - DOWNLOAD THIS AND REPLACE FILE LOCATED ON SD CARD - does NOT work on all Android versions
    i do have a small question here.
    simple answer no all messages will be saved to witch ever mode you are in at the tym you recive the message
    Honestly I think u did a great job :) Thanks!!

Thank you :)