[Q] DNA not mounting to PC

Search This thread

kenohki88

Mar 28, 2010
Patterson
started when i began to flash ROMS (well from what i can remember) is it something im not aware of or are the ROMS have settings i dont know about?? running viperDNA right now coming from superchareged hatka 320 both great ROMS but i cant figure out how to get USB to mount to my PC any help greatly appreciated

SwordOfWar

Apr 6, 2010
Did you open up "My Computer" and see if the phone's storage was listed there?

Also, try switching USB ports if you can.

kenohki88

Mar 28, 2010
Patterson
Yep doesn't show up...it says it "computer is installing files" and then comes up as failed...never did this before to me so I'm just wondering if it's as simple as a setting option or maybe cause of ROM but I honestly don't think it's the ROM thing

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

kenohki88

Mar 28, 2010
Patterson
Use to just go into USB settings but now it takes me into "tethering"

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361589669578.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361589669578.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 106

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
1. While phone is connected, go in to your device manager and locate where your handset is. Usually under Android phone or Portable Devices. Once there right click on the device and uninstall.

2. Now disconnect phone and reinstall HTC sync or the HTC Drivers if you have them separately.

(If your phone was not listed in device manager than uninstall any drivers you have in your programs via control panel and follow step 2)

*Note* If you are in fact installing the drivers by way of HTC sync then after installation is complete, remember to remove HTC sync from your programs via control panel, your HTC Drivers will not be touched.

Reactions: kenohki88

kenohki88

Mar 28, 2010
Patterson
1. While phone is connected, go in to your device manager and locate where your handset is. Usually under Android phone or Portable Devices. Once there right click on the device and uninstall.

2. Now disconnect phone and reinstall HTC sync or the HTC Drivers if you have them separately.

(If your phone was not listed in device manager than uninstall any drivers you have in your programs via control panel and follow step 2)

*Note* If you are in fact installing the drivers by way of HTC sync then after installation is complete, remember to remove HTC sync from your programs via control panel, your HTC Drivers will not be touched.

Thanks for this I was in class and followed the steps (I remember reading in some thread about uninstalling HTC sync but had forgot) it looked like it was going to work but class ended so I didn't let it finish the process will try it again tomorrow hopefully what I saw earlier will work cause I cut it off early. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.