[APP][Market link] TouchScreenTune (Solving touchscreen sensitivity issue)-UPDATED_2!

Search This thread

vitalij

Jun 14, 2010
Kaunas
Now on Market!

direct link

Or search for "TouchScreenTune"

*Requires Root*
*Currently supports Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and Asus Transformer Prime*. (Galaxy Note version also available on the Market)

TouchScreenTune application allows you to fine-tune settings of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 touchscreen.

It allows to dramatically improve responsiveness and sensitivity of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 touchscreen.

Without this application, it is almost impossible to use Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for handwriting or drawing. Application completely fixes this issue.

If you are using screen protector on your Tab, the application will allow to raise screen sensitivity, so there will be no responsiveness impact from using screen protector.

If you are using stylus, it is almost useless without tuning touchscreen with this application on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Using this application you can even turn on palm rejection future! That means that your hand can rest on screen while writing/drawing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored.
Just see youtube video, it shows how Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 works without this application, and with this application!

If you wish to use different settings in different situations - just create shortcuts with different settings from within the app, and launch them when needed!

Some common problems:
When first starting there should be popup from SuperUser application with request to get Root access. Some people say that sometimes it doesn't appear. In that case try starting the SU program first, and then this application.

Also when first granting SU rights, there may be some messages regarding inability to read settings. It's normal, after you grant SU rights application should work.

--------------------------------------------------
What's new
Version 1.17:
Compatibility with latest CyanogenMod for Tab 10.1

Fixed bug when parameters were not applied after invoking settings via shortcut on the home screen

Version 1.11:
Added ability to create shortcuts on the home screen. Shortcut is associated with currently applied settings. When clicked, shortcut will immediately apply them, without starting TouchScreenTune application. It is possible to have multiple shortcuts with different settings.

Version 1.8:
Annoying notifications from SU removed

Version 1.3:
PALM REJECTION:
added slider allowing to turn on palm rejection. That means that you hand can rest on screen while writing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored. Set palm detection slider value to 0 or maybe a bit more like 1-10 to enable this functionality.

added advanced parameter: changing movement filter OFF value. This value is sent to touchscreen controller when checkbox is set to CHECKED. After changing it, press Apply button to set new configuration.

Version 1.1:
Added compatibility with latest custom roms/kernels
Solves screen freezing issue after turning screen on when using latest custom kernels/ROMs

Version 1.0:
Added ability to change sensitivity, move filtering ant initial movement at the same time
Completely new Honeycomb interface
Reworked service part - should work without FCs
Way easier to use
New icon !!111 :)

Application is free but it will not restore settings on screen lock/unlock. To make it fully functional you need registration key, which I can provide for a small donation, details in the app itself.
(If you already donated for previous version, send me an email, I'll send registration key for free)

Attachments

• qrcode.png
    qrcode.png
    701 bytes · Views: 25,213
  • TouchScreenTune_1_17.apk
    57 KB · Views: 16,131
Last edited:

vitalij

Jun 14, 2010
Kaunas
Btw I am using right now advanced setting TCHTHR=28 and move hyst=0 and like sensitivity of scrolling in browser very much. Please share your advanced settings - maybe you have found some good options? But remember to turn off service when experimenting wih adv settings

wlighter

Aug 9, 2011
multi-touch tester is very cool... however i dont know what the advance setting means.. so im just applying your settings...

Sagui

Sep 14, 2010
Awesome! Installed and testing now, just wish I had my stylus with me today at work.

Anyone have any suggestions as to which advanced settings to mess with, besides BLEN and TCHTHR?

wlighter

Aug 9, 2011
i disable the service, change TCHTHR=28, and click apply, and enable service again. when i go to blen and return back to TCHTHR it went back to 48. why is it not 28? how to apply the setting?

threepio

Jul 1, 2010
ill be sure to check it out when i get home. Although my screen is very responsive using In Paris V5 and a riego kernel.

Reactions: ck_jun

vitalij

Jun 14, 2010
Kaunas
i disable the service, change TCHTHR=28, and click apply, and enable service again. when i go to blen and return back to TCHTHR it went back to 48. why is it not 28? how to apply the setting?

Yeah thats the limitation of the app - it keeps no more than 2 parameters - move hist and one of the advanced params you have chosen. Not really sure that somebody needs more than that.

siggehandf

Jul 8, 2010
Hjørring
Very much an improvement, stylus is still garbage tho. My adonit jot pro still can't be used because the screen captures far too few touch events.

Nice app tho!

Sagui

Sep 14, 2010
Very much an improvement, stylus is still garbage tho. My adonit jot pro still can't be used because the screen captures far too few touch events.

Nice app tho!

Argh, damnit! We have the kernel sources, is there any way to raise those touch events reported?

BTW, I have the same stylus, can't wait to put it to good use.

jsaw_tab

Oct 19, 2011
how does it work ?

Hi, I have downloaded it but I dont see much difference ... how do u test really? Not sure if I see any difference setting to 0

Reactions: Cunhaad

Sagui

Sep 14, 2010
What ninja said, it takes about twice as long writing stuff out on the tab, rather than pen and paper, which makes it inefficient to the point of useless.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

siggehandf

Jul 8, 2010
Hjørring
With the OPs settings, mine is running really well and I haven't had any issues.

Supernote works better then anything so far, but still far from usable.

waaahsabi

Oct 11, 2008
Argh, damnit! We have the kernel sources, is there any way to raise those touch events reported?

Hi,

i saw people mentioning a build.prop setting named windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec, which is set to 150 by default on the 7500. I've changed that to 300, and it appears to make things snappier, especially scrolling operations. I finally got close to iPad2's responsiveness with this. But there might also be other factors involved...

slack04

May 4, 2010
Hi,

i saw people mentioning a build.prop setting named windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec, which is set to 150 by default on the 7500. I've changed that to 300, and it appears to make things snappier, especially scrolling operations. I finally got close to iPad2's responsiveness with this. But there might also be other factors involved...

That sounds big. Have you tried writing with a stylus? Full-speed stylus handwriting on the GT10 is pretty much the holy grail for touchscreen improvements. Anyone who can make that happen will certainly get a beer from me... or two... (that is, once my GT10 comes back from being serviced!)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now on Market!

direct link

Or search for "TouchScreenTune"

*Requires Root*
    *Currently supports Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and Asus Transformer Prime*. (Galaxy Note version also available on the Market)

TouchScreenTune application allows you to fine-tune settings of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 touchscreen.

It allows to dramatically improve responsiveness and sensitivity of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 touchscreen.

Without this application, it is almost impossible to use Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for handwriting or drawing. Application completely fixes this issue.

If you are using screen protector on your Tab, the application will allow to raise screen sensitivity, so there will be no responsiveness impact from using screen protector.

If you are using stylus, it is almost useless without tuning touchscreen with this application on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Using this application you can even turn on palm rejection future! That means that your hand can rest on screen while writing/drawing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored.
    Just see youtube video, it shows how Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 works without this application, and with this application!

If you wish to use different settings in different situations - just create shortcuts with different settings from within the app, and launch them when needed!

Some common problems:
    When first starting there should be popup from SuperUser application with request to get Root access. Some people say that sometimes it doesn't appear. In that case try starting the SU program first, and then this application.

Also when first granting SU rights, there may be some messages regarding inability to read settings. It's normal, after you grant SU rights application should work.

--------------------------------------------------
    What's new
    Version 1.17:
    Compatibility with latest CyanogenMod for Tab 10.1

Fixed bug when parameters were not applied after invoking settings via shortcut on the home screen

Version 1.11:
    Added ability to create shortcuts on the home screen. Shortcut is associated with currently applied settings. When clicked, shortcut will immediately apply them, without starting TouchScreenTune application. It is possible to have multiple shortcuts with different settings.

Version 1.8:
    Annoying notifications from SU removed

Version 1.3:
    PALM REJECTION:
    added slider allowing to turn on palm rejection. That means that you hand can rest on screen while writing using stylus, but you will still be able to write since touch events from your palm will be ignored. Set palm detection slider value to 0 or maybe a bit more like 1-10 to enable this functionality.

added advanced parameter: changing movement filter OFF value. This value is sent to touchscreen controller when checkbox is set to CHECKED. After changing it, press Apply button to set new configuration.

Version 1.1:
    Added compatibility with latest custom roms/kernels
    Solves screen freezing issue after turning screen on when using latest custom kernels/ROMs

Version 1.0:
    Added ability to change sensitivity, move filtering ant initial movement at the same time
    Completely new Honeycomb interface
    Reworked service part - should work without FCs
    Way easier to use
    New icon !!111 :)

Application is free but it will not restore settings on screen lock/unlock. To make it fully functional you need registration key, which I can provide for a small donation, details in the app itself.
    (If you already donated for previous version, send me an email, I'll send registration key for free)
    Good idea. I'm thinking on adding possibility to create a shortcuts on home screen with currently selected settings, so next time it would be enough to just click it to apply those settings.

Version 1.11:
    Test version:
    PALM REJECTION:

Hi,

When I tried to edit /system/build.prop I get the error that the file system is read only. Please help!

Assuming you have EF File Explorer:

Under settings, select both the "Root Explorer" AND the "Mount File System" right underneath it. That should do it!