how to root lg p505 phoenix after official update to 2.3.4

Search This thread

luismrosa

Nov 21, 2011
well guys i update my phone from the 2.2.2 to 2.3.4 android version and i need to know hoe to rooted couse i ve ben using the gingerbreak but i think it doesnt works so any ideas how to root this device whit android 2.3.4

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
You can try SuperOneClick, or else use the search function for the manual way using adb.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

luismrosa

Nov 21, 2011
i already use superoneclick but it didnt works so any other app that could help in this case well went the device was on android 2.2.3 get rooted whit gingerbreak but it doeesnt work now on 2.3.4

sendust7

Oct 24, 2011
California
Here's my story. I had stock 2.2.2 and rooted it via Gingerbreak 1.2. Then when I discovered that 2.3.4 was available for the phoenix, I unrooted (again via Gingerbreak 1.2), uninstalled the existing version of Superuser.apk, gained temporary root via ADB, and then completed the process using the instructions below...

http://www.pocketables.net/2011/06/how-to-manually-root-almost-any-android-device.html

This is obviously not the cleanest method, but I could not get SuperOneClick to cooperate.

Anyway, it's rooted and working great thus far: Titanium Backup just finished backing up all my apps and data without complaining.

Bob

Reactions: luismrosa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fact

All 2.3.4 devices need a custom root method.

glad that superoneclick worked!!!
    Here's my story. I had stock 2.2.2 and rooted it via Gingerbreak 1.2. Then when I discovered that 2.3.4 was available for the phoenix, I unrooted (again via Gingerbreak 1.2), uninstalled the existing version of Superuser.apk, gained temporary root via ADB, and then completed the process using the instructions below...

http://www.pocketables.net/2011/06/how-to-manually-root-almost-any-android-device.html

This is obviously not the cleanest method, but I could not get SuperOneClick to cooperate.

Anyway, it's rooted and working great thus far: Titanium Backup just finished backing up all my apps and data without complaining.

Bob