Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bclark

Oct 20, 2010
New Hampshire
After flashing with Ordin. I still can't boot into CWM mode. I hold (V-)+power, my phone went in to "Downloading mode". When i hold (V+)+Power my phone just keep vibrating every 1 second, the same thing while holding (V-+)+ power. Any idea?

Hold volume up and down with power. Let go of power when it vibrates the first time. You will see Samsung logo then cwm. don't let go of up and down until cwm.

Reactions: sweetboy02125

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Fully tested it myself.
everything but usb mount storage works fanstaticly.

if your having problems with a UOT flashable check to be sure you have correct binary.

data corruption has been fixed.

I asure you.

great work braway!!
25hrs well spent. ;)

just flashed my first full rom build and two mods.
thanks SOOOO much.

hey there , nice to see more dev support for this awesome device :)

just wanna say the data corruption bug is still on I ve experienced it myself , it seem to be much less agressive but its still there . just push a different (wokring of course) jar file to your system while its on then reboot . result = FC galore :( ..use to happen even with apk now it seem tobe hit and miss but its still there ..

Dont get your hopes up guys were progressing ..

Reactions: Johnsondr80

brojoe11

Jul 9, 2011
Forest, Mississippi
beta1 CWM

Great progress. Thanks guys. Any word yet on reseting binary counter? I've tried the N7000 method...doesn't work...should have known. I've tried jig...doesn't work. I guess with a new phone there isn't an old bootloader to flash...any thoughts? :confused:

pathtologos

Mar 9, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hello all. I'd really like to try the rom posted today but I'm a little paranoid of flashing this CWM cuz I've read about the FC issues. Just wondering, is there a particular function of the CWM that causes it? I guess what I'm trying to determine is that if I ONLY use CWM to create a backup of my current state, then flash the new rom, can that process cause the FC's?

Thanks!

braway

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 29, 2010
MN
Hello all. I'd really like to try the rom posted today but I'm a little paranoid of flashing this CWM cuz I've read about the FC issues. Just wondering, is there a particular function of the CWM that causes it? I guess what I'm trying to determine is that if I ONLY use CWM to create a backup of my current state, then flash the new rom, can that process cause the FC's?

Thanks!

the fcs can happen when you flash files (like small additions to a rom or so).

for example, if you flash a whole rom, and do a factory reset (aka data&cache wipe) anyway, then you should not get any fcs

nandroid backups should be fine, maybe someone can tell you some more information

Reactions: pathtologos

ahmarchi

Aug 20, 2008
Greensboro
i just flashed beta 1. i can go to recovery from ROM or do a hard recovery boot. i can reboot phone from recovery fine, everything is working great. only issue is the selection. clicking the power button only hides the menu, you have to hold the power button down a bit to select the option

Apo11on

Sep 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
the recovery boot loop should be fixed (didn't hear anything so far),
so you can reboot from recovery, you should also be able to use reboot recovery options from within android

what do you mean by "didnt hear anything so far"? Just 2 posts before yours I said it works flawlessly and I've had several posts about the boot loop bug earlier in the thread...

pathtologos

Mar 9, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
does anyone mind telling me the size of the file to download? I'm at work and the only way I can download it is to tether, or download to phone. I don't want to attempt to download a huge file.

Thanks

braway

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 29, 2010
MN
what do you mean by "didnt hear anything so far"? Just 2 posts before yours I said it works flawlessly and I've had several posts about the boot loop bug earlier in the thread...

yeah, sorry, i wrote that while i was working, so i wasn't really focused -_-

i meant to say, that I didnt hear of any problems so far...

Reactions: Johnsondr80

Johnsondr80

Dec 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa
hey there , nice to see more dev support for this awesome device :)

just wanna say the data corruption bug is still on I ve experienced it myself , it seem to be much less agressive but its still there . just push a different (wokring of course) jar file to your system while its on then reboot . result = FC galore :( ..use to happen even with apk now it seem tobe hit and miss but its still there ..

Dont get your hopes up guys were progressing ..

I know how this is going to sound but forgive me in advance....not trying to be an ass.
I fail to see how pushing files to the phone while it is on and rebooting to find force closes has any thing with recovery causing a data corruption.

Am I missing something here?

I know I have a partially themed entire rom build pulled from my device after purchase.....until now I was adb developing it....and I did get some force closes but I am sure they were deodex errors that are fixed now. After testing this recovery with braway I built the rom cwm zip.
Flashed and ran fine.
Then I flashed a modded system UI
Also fine
Then flashed my frameworkres and android policy..... still no force closes to speak of.

Maybe you can tell me what jars or apks are causing the issue with you?

Seriously tho.....the only problem I have found with this recovery is in mounts and storage I can't mount USB
I use it a lot and is sad it don't work yet. However I have total faith that braway will get to it.
This is only beta after all and is perfect for now. I couldn't ask for more.

:D

i897 on ICS special edition using tapatalk.

Reactions: ruger94

DAGr8

Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
I know how this is going to sound but forgive me in advance....not trying to be an ass.
I fail to see how pushing files to the phone while it is on and rebooting to find force closes has any thing with recovery causing a data corruption.

Am I missing something here?

I know I have a partially themed entire rom build pulled from my device after purchase.....until now I was adb developing it....and I did get some force closes but I am sure they were deodex errors that are fixed now. After testing this recovery with braway I built the rom cwm zip.
Flashed and ran fine.
Then I flashed a modded system UI
Also fine
Then flashed my frameworkres and android policy..... still no force closes to speak of.

Maybe you can tell me what jars or apks are causing the issue with you?

Seriously tho.....the only problem I have found with this recovery is in mounts and storage I can't mount USB
I use it a lot and is sad it don't work yet. However I have total faith that braway will get to it.
This is only beta after all and is perfect for now. I couldn't ask for more.

:D

Im not offended , I dont get offended easy either even if I sound defensive (or like an ass sometimes...) blame it on english being a second language for me

I experienced it and I have reports from other tester experiencing it as well , I pushed systemui and many jars with no problems either . as I said it seems to be random ...

My theory is the corruption seem to be dbdata / dlavik related ,flashing themed icon or slight xml modification inside apk wont affect dalvik , the resources/dex have to be different in the apk /jar to affect the app's data (or cache ?) which seems to trigger a domino effect.

I didnt mean to start argument here I just wanted to reassure users experiencing it that it wasnt only them , I have it too .

can you get on IRC ? if so ping me when you're there we ll do more in depht tesing :D

Johnsondr80

Dec 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa
Im not offended , I dont get offended easy either even if I sound defensive (or like an ass sometimes...) blame it on english being a second language for me

I experienced it and I have reports from other tester experiencing it as well , I pushed systemui and many jars with no problems either . as I said it seems to be random ...

My theory is the corruption seem to be dbdata / dlavik related ,flashing themed icon or slight xml modification inside apk wont affect dalvik , the resources/dex have to be different in the apk /jar to affect the app's data (or cache ?) which seems to trigger a domino effect.

I didnt mean to start argument here I just wanted to reassure users experiencing it that it wasnt only them , I have it too .

can you get on IRC ? if so ping me when you're there we ll do more in depht tesing :D

Not interested in arguing either, that would be counter productive. I respect your work and well aware of your skill.
I was just sharing my experience in return and hopping to find a better understanding of this data corruption like your self.
I suppose I should consider myself very lucky not to have this plagued data corruption on my device, my files, or what ever it stems from.

Working with you to solve this would be an honer and a pleasure.
I am currently at work. Will be home about 6 hours from now. I will look for you in irc and we can tackle this head on.

Lord I hope this will not turn out to be like the captivate.....where every device is unique and a solution is hit and miss depending on the build number.
That was a nightmare.

MSigler

Apr 29, 2006
Memphis
www.sigsays.com
Is it just me or are external and internal sd cards reversed? If I do "Backup" which is supposed to default to external, it backs up to the built in storage. If I do "Backup to internal SD", it backs up to external SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts