"My Verizon" app says upgrade elible and it's all lies!

Search This thread

stefilini

Dec 7, 2011
Tampa
stefenphelpswebdesign.com
Last week I checked my upgrade status on the "My Verizon" app just to see what it said (I've only been on contract for about a year now) and it said I was upgrade eligible! But after deciding what phone I was going to get and trying to order it on the Verizon Wireless website it said I was not eligible until Feb. 2013.

Has this happened to anyone else by any chance?

zax10

Nov 8, 2010
Inman
Last week I checked my upgrade status on the "My Verizon" app just to see what it said (I've only been on contract for about a year now) and it said I was upgrade eligible! But after deciding what phone I was going to get and trying to order it on the Verizon Wireless website it said I was not eligible until Feb. 2013.

Has this happened to anyone else by any chance?

See you are always technically eligible for upgrade. The catch is you aren't eligible for a discounted upgrade until 20 months.

The mobile app says you are eligible for an upgrade but doesn't tell you if it is a discounted or full price upgrade.

You will read the message and most peoples instinct is to fly into the nearest store where it give the sales rep an opportunity to sale you something else.

dpoindexter

Nov 29, 2010
With Verizon you are eligable annually if you are on a 49.99 plan or higher...You can upgrade at the 2 year new contract discounted price and you lose your new every 2 discount...and now I think you have to pay a $20 early upgrade fee. You have to upgrade online or at a corporate store.

Sent from my A100 using XDA

zax10

Nov 8, 2010
Inman
With Verizon you are eligable annually if you are on a 49.99 plan or higher...You can upgrade at the 2 year new contract discounted price and you lose your new every 2 discount...and now I think you have to pay a $20 early upgrade fee. You have to upgrade online or at a corporate store.

Sent from my A100 using XDA

Only if you are a primary on the account. Which the annual went away on Jan 16 2011. There are still a few floating around though. You can do annual ups at any Verizon location other than you Walmart style stores.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium