why android does not have hardware hold button?

Search This thread

valent|n0

Feb 8, 2011
Surabaya
Am I not comparing iphone and ipod to android
but I think the hardware hold button on the side is such a good idea?
is there app that does similar thing?

61688_5.jpg

Omega360

Apr 19, 2012
Ohio
google.com
What kind of functionality would the hold button have that differs from the lock screen? They both act the same way, so why put an extra button on an android device that isn't going to be used?

lucaoldb

Apr 20, 2012
MILAN
So, if I have correctly understood your wish, you would like the power button to stop running applications when the screen is locked or at least to stop YouTube and music playing.

Though I am still making the first steps into android's knowledge, I think the only way would be rewriting the single apps in order to tell them to stop working (killed? Frozen?) when the screen is locked. I suppose that's their behavior in ios. On the other side, it would be a no way out remapping the power button so that it could close all running apps or some of them, because a bunch of Google code should be rewritten to modify its standard behavior. Another solution could be remapping a physical key for it to launch a single software (still to be written) whose aim should be to kill o freeze the above said applications.

IMHO it is so simple tapping on the running app and pressing the power button that no developer will ever spend a lot of time to build a solution like the ones I have just spoken about and, though I see it's a matter of taste, I think it would be better accepting android as it is:)

valent|n0

Feb 8, 2011
Surabaya
Do MX player lock works on all apps or only when you have mx player running

how about when you browse and watch Flash movie on flash website

I am looking for ways to prevent accidental button press ..

pressing the power button turns off the screen as well.

Pwnna

Aug 20, 2011
It's not on all the apps. But some do, like MX. Maybe this stuff should go on the android design site

valent|n0

Feb 8, 2011
Surabaya
you mean each app developer has to keep this in mind?

maybe I can suggest to youtube, skyfire and dolphin browser app to add the feature

other reading app .. where you can spend a long time on one single page.

Pwnna

Aug 20, 2011
I think YouTube kindaa has this. Where I think if you don't see the controls any more, you have to tap the screen once to activate the controls before you can use them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A lot of programs already has that. I think MX player has a button that locks out the control