[ROM] [Toshiba G500] [WWE] WM6.1 Stable

Search This thread

emilio666

Aug 30, 2008
HTCMania
I found it at http://www.mpx.gen.tr and I have been using it with no problems.:)

Windows Mobile 6.1 Powered by Adil YILDIZ:

Code:
[URL="http://rapidshare.com/files/138795484/G500_3_English_Adil_YILDIZ.200808.1958.rar"]http://rapidshare.com/files/138795484/G500_3_English_Adil_YILDIZ.200808.1958.rar[/URL]

It has:

Office 6.1
Windows Live Messenger
ClearTemp
Esmertec Java 3D 2008
MoBlue (for bluetooth connection)
Vito Audio Notes
GPRS Manager (for the problems of GPRS configuration)
TCPMP Player (supports many video/audio formats)
WM5torage (to access the flash memory when using a pc)
XnView
Picsel Viewer
Opera Browser
Slide Panel Theme
CeleTask Profile manager
CeleTask Task manager (very useful)

THANKS TO adilyildiz;)

AFTER INSTALLING IT YOU MAY WANT TO CONFIGURE SOME BASIC FEATURES (MMS,...)
http://www.toshiba-europe.com/mobil...te&WCE=&WCU=;LANG=1;PID=179;TYP=0;PNT=0;SEC=0

If you want to use other T9 (it only has turkish) you can install this cab
languages:
English
Spanish
French
Italian
German
Portuguese
Dutch
Czech

NOTE: manual as an attachment

Attachments

• SN_T9_Language_Pack.cab
    578.6 KB · Views: 675
  • manual.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 694
Last edited:

reiga

Sep 5, 2008
is in the forum any rom for the toshiba g710 / vodafone vda gps ? sorry i cant read turkish!

sorry for my bad english!

thx a lot

shantingshi

Apr 30, 2008
Nice!

I have tried other WM6.1 ROM, but there was problem with EDGE/GPRS radio, it was not connecting to the internet. I hope this one will be working. I will come with comments soon!

shantingshi

Apr 30, 2008
Good job! The gprs radio is working good, the connection to the internet is now possible.
The look of this ROM is nice, also it has suitable programs, so I have to say after some time: upgrade it, if you can!

ithecat25

Aug 13, 2008
GSM network

How can force GSM network, it only works with 3G, my operator is YOIGO from Spain.
Thank You

lineus

Feb 24, 2008
St.-Petersburg
Just updated my g500:) everything went pretty smooth and took only few minutes.. Phone works much much better and faster - that's really fantastic! GPRS, EDGE, BT OBEX and AD2P perform flawless, looks like this rom is really stable, thanks to adilyildiz and emilio666 for posting it here.
One question for those who also updated - do you have 3G network working fine?

KornelK

Sep 15, 2008
Olsztyn
I have problem I use this flash and I don't have Internet (GPRS) and MMS. I have configuration but this doesn't work.

I use network PLAY

lineus

Feb 24, 2008
St.-Petersburg
How can be changed between GPRS and 3G from Registry?

I've been using another WM6.1 ROM which let me change this setting from the Control Panel, but this one doesn't seem to have it.

Thanks in advance

It doesn't have Mode change option in Phone Setting and looks like 3G won't work. I spent half day trying to find registry hack but no luck. There is another ROM from Darex (www.myg500.pl) where 3G works and bands can be changed.

theopulus

May 15, 2008
Valladolid
fdfdev.wordpress.com
lineus: Thanks a lot. Now I'm running Polish version (0.38a I think) and I think it's a bit better that the other one.

Anyway, GPRS and MMS is not possible for me. I'm using Spanish YOIGO. Even Toshiba assistant doesn't send me any configuration now (firmware maybe?)

kaamos

Sep 8, 2008
lineus: Thanks a lot. Now I'm running Polish version (0.38a I think) and I think it's a bit better that the other one.

Anyway, GPRS and MMS is not possible for me. I'm using Spanish YOIGO. Even Toshiba assistant doesn't send me any configuration now (firmware maybe?)

Could you please give me a direct link to this ROM? I can't read polish! :D
And please tell me if you know any other ROM's for this mobile (even WM5), I'm trying to make a backup of my original one from Yoigo.

Thanks!

Lost Heaven

Jul 13, 2007
Just bought this Smartphone to replace my beloved Tornado (SP5), and sucessfully updated to WM6.1 with this ROM.

Everything seems to be working perfectly, but I will need some more time to test everything out.

Good work and thanks for sharing!

Lost Heaven

Jul 13, 2007
Ok, after some hours of testing, I only found two problems with this WM6.1 ROM for the Toshiba G500:

-after running the integrated Windows Live Messenger for the first time, and activating the Home Screen tab, I noticed there are icons missing on this tab. Instead of those I'm getting a red cross picture.

-everytime I open a SMS, it appears slightly paged down, hiding the sent date and time information on top. I must press "Up" once to reveal this information.

Overall this seems a great ROM indeed, a must have for all G500 owners! ;)