New features in 4.3 and Sense 5.5

Search This thread

vrvr

Jan 26, 2011
Budapest
I have found a list with new features for the One here. Mostly all apply for the One mini.

New things:
  • Do Not Disturb, very cool thing that simply sets phone in Do No Disturb mode. You can set for how long and who/to be excluded from it. Turns of sound, notifications and all such things that might disturb. Accessed for the pull down quick settings menu.
  • Gallery have changed a lot. Albums now have a tiled look much like events, and you can now see your HTC Shares and even delete those (and see how much space there's left there). Video highlights got all new themes, and you can even add your own music.
  • In Camera Sweep Panorama can now be both landscape or portrait. Camera UI changed a bit, you see text Zoe under the Zoe button. And when you start Camera you see how many photos and minutes video there's left on the phone's storage.
  • With screen lock active, swipe to the left in the upper right part of the screen. Then you get a + sign where you can add screen lock widgets.
  • Under Call in Settings you have Phone Notification Preview, which shows you caller ID missed calls on screen lock and status bar.
  • If you don't want both lock screen and security screen you can disable screen lock (you need a security lock first) under Settings > Security > Bypass lock screen on wake.
  • Select what kind of notifications you want on lock screen under Settings > Security > Notification Settings. You can select: Phone (shows missing calls), Voice mail, Text messages, Emails and Calendar.
  • Select if you want Music playback controls on not on your lock screen under Settings > Security > Music Playback
  • With Developer options active, option Stay awake is now back. Which keeps the display on while charging.
  • Pull down quick settings menu can now be customized, with up to 12 quick settings.
  • In Weather app you can now select temperature scale under Settings.
  • You can add your Google+ account in Blinkfeed.
  • Disable Blinkfeed by long pressing empty area of a regular screen, then tapping “Blinkfeed on” on the upper left hand corner. Which turns Blinkfeed off.
  • Under Sleep mode in Settings > Power, you can now set start and end of Sleep mode or have it set as Auto.
  • With phone turned off: alarms can now turn phone on, then trigger the alarm. And when you dismiss the alarm phone gets turned back to its previous state (off), this is a major thing.
  • Zoom-bar in camera is hidden, you pinch-zoom to control zooming (zoom-bar is shown when you pinch-zoom).
  • Connect charger to phone while it's off while show a charging “animation” on the display for a while.

Things different from Sense 5.0, things that are “missing”:
  • Screen lock option gone from Personalize, there is no settings for any kind of screen lock theme under Settings. You can’t set screen lock theme to “none”, and there is no way to set wallpaper for lock screen since screen lock themes are gone.
  • T9 layout gone from stock keyboard.

Known bugs:
  • With Animations turned OFF under Developer options, Share menus and things will simply not work. It affects more than just one thing, so: keep animations ON. So, if you're affected: Set all Animations to 1 and restart phone (that part is important).

Last edited by a moderator:

fblasot

Jul 31, 2008
Turin
In lock screen you can add some widget: swipe to left and click + icon
You can also "personalize" lock screen from settings/security/notification but just for missing calls and sms !
With Sense 5 you can set also email and calendar, the ones that now I miss !!!!

Edit: after some test I'm really disappointed that even with missing calls and SMS notification active they don't came on lock screen but only in notification bar, so this is also a bug !

Last edited:
Reactions: RuffBuster

PuffDaddy_d

Aug 29, 2010
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Screen lock option gone from Personalize, there is no settings for any kind of screen lock theme under Settings. You can’t set screen lock theme to “none”, and there is no way to set wallpaper for lock screen since screen lock themes are gone.
T9 layout gone from stock keyboard.[\QUOTE]

Oh no! These are two of the features I enjoy most! So, no more weather animations on screen lock at all???

MirageBlader

May 9, 2012
Munich
You can still put widgets on lock screen, while on lockscreen swipe to the left in the right top corner. There's also a small arrow, press on the "+" and add a widget but I think it's not possible anymore to add it on the main lockscreen :/ yea I miss a notification system like Apple has. Google should built it in, in android and give the devs the option to add it into there apps like Apple do

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mini mit Tapatalk 4

fblasot

Jul 31, 2008
Turin
Hi,

I'm back to screen lock bug notification win Sense 5.5...
To be sure of this bug, before I contact htc support, can someone do a test ?
It's easy: set the notification for Text Message, go screen off and ask a friend to send a sms to you; when received wakeup screen and check notification if it is only in notification bar or also in lock screen...

Thanks.

ghtop

Oct 25, 2013
Confirmed that text & missed call notiications don't show on lockscreen.

Also, I can only add 1 lockscreen widget it seems - once added, swiping to left again does nothing. Is this by design?

Reactions: fblasot

fblasot

Jul 31, 2008
Turin
Thanks for confirming the lock screen notifications bug...
Yes, I think only one widget is by design (the widget can occupy all the screen...)

ghtop

Oct 25, 2013
Thanks for confirming the lock screen notifications bug...
Yes, I think only one widget is by design (the widget can occupy all the screen...)

But then can't add any more widget screens to the right? That really sucks. It's always 1 step forward, 2 steps back with HTC ...

fblasot

Jul 31, 2008
Turin
Maybe I didn't understood...
In lock screen you can add only 1 widget, but in normal screen you can have many pages with a lot's of widgets...

2botia2

Jun 6, 2011
bug with log screen confirmed, regardless, disabled or enabled in security settings, I can not see notifications for missed calls or messages on lock screen. Can we install some app from the market in order to fix this issue (while waiting for HTC to fix it)?

Reactions: fblasot

ghtop

Oct 25, 2013
Another nice new feature is the option to adjust the Automatic Brightness setting - can now set the maximum brightness value, works a bit like iOS.

Also the Music Player widgets now have a blue circle around the play icon to indicate duration of track remaining.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2botia2

jedininja666

May 30, 2007
ChavCentral (Sutton)
Anyone else finding that the Airplane widget takes you to settings now, instead of toggling Airplane mode? I'm no longer getting the rolling Airplane animation.

Sent from my HTC One mini using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Relativedegree

Jan 14, 2013
Navan
I confirm, it also takes me to settings. As a solution you can set airplane mode in the notification bar toggles.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Apla

Dec 27, 2013
Notifications missing from lock screen

I'm back to screen lock bug notification win Sense 5.5...
To be sure of this bug, before I contact htc support, can someone do a test ?
It's easy: set the notification for Text Message, go screen off and ask a friend to send a sms to you; when received wakeup screen and check notification if it is only in notification bar or also in lock screen...

Hi! I am confirming the bug with missing notifications on lock screen on my One Mini. HTC support had no knowledge about this bug. Are there any work-arounds to get notifications on lock screen? All apps I have found can show notifications on second (swipe right) lock screen only and it does not work for me.

I do not have this bug on my HTC One (not mini) with same Sense version.

Regards!

edimonoarfa

Sep 18, 2009
Jakarta
Realme Narzo 30 5G
In gallery, i can :
- make gif from my video
- apply custom effect

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

But somehow, i never can display my gallery content in blinkfeed. Any solution?

Last edited:

MirageBlader

May 9, 2012
Munich
For lockscreen notifications i use Nils new floating panel. Really best solution so far. Its still in Beta but working great :)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mini mit Tapatalk 4

dipje

Oct 27, 2006
I have only 'Phone calls' and 'Text Message' in the security -> notifications. No emails / calendar.

Also wondering if I'm the only one who's music is suddenly stuttering every now and then since 4.3 (more an Android 4.3 thing than a Sense 5.5 thing I guess)

vrvr

Jan 26, 2011
Budapest
Also wondering if I'm the only one who's music is suddenly stuttering every now and then since 4.3 (more an Android 4.3 thing than a Sense 5.5 thing I guess)

I can confirm this. On BT the music is hanging randomly, this is very annoying. If it's the same with cable, then this is a huge bug. :(

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
Reading here there seem to be a lot of down sides to the new 4.3 update. that or it's still in it's early stages of development? I'm still using 4.2.2 and loving it, but was wondering if there was anything major I'm missing by not upgrading?

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Muflone71

Jan 1, 2009
With Developer options active, option Stay awake is now back. Which keeps the display on while charging.

This is enough for me for an upgrade :good: :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have found a list with new features for the One here. Mostly all apply for the One mini.

New things:
    • Do Not Disturb, very cool thing that simply sets phone in Do No Disturb mode. You can set for how long and who/to be excluded from it. Turns of sound, notifications and all such things that might disturb. Accessed for the pull down quick settings menu.
    • Gallery have changed a lot. Albums now have a tiled look much like events, and you can now see your HTC Shares and even delete those (and see how much space there's left there). Video highlights got all new themes, and you can even add your own music.
    • In Camera Sweep Panorama can now be both landscape or portrait. Camera UI changed a bit, you see text Zoe under the Zoe button. And when you start Camera you see how many photos and minutes video there's left on the phone's storage.
    • With screen lock active, swipe to the left in the upper right part of the screen. Then you get a + sign where you can add screen lock widgets.
    • Under Call in Settings you have Phone Notification Preview, which shows you caller ID missed calls on screen lock and status bar.
    • If you don't want both lock screen and security screen you can disable screen lock (you need a security lock first) under Settings > Security > Bypass lock screen on wake.
    • Select what kind of notifications you want on lock screen under Settings > Security > Notification Settings. You can select: Phone (shows missing calls), Voice mail, Text messages, Emails and Calendar.
    • Select if you want Music playback controls on not on your lock screen under Settings > Security > Music Playback
    • With Developer options active, option Stay awake is now back. Which keeps the display on while charging.
    • Pull down quick settings menu can now be customized, with up to 12 quick settings.
    • In Weather app you can now select temperature scale under Settings.
    • You can add your Google+ account in Blinkfeed.
    • Disable Blinkfeed by long pressing empty area of a regular screen, then tapping “Blinkfeed on” on the upper left hand corner. Which turns Blinkfeed off.
    • Under Sleep mode in Settings > Power, you can now set start and end of Sleep mode or have it set as Auto.
    • With phone turned off: alarms can now turn phone on, then trigger the alarm. And when you dismiss the alarm phone gets turned back to its previous state (off), this is a major thing.
    • Zoom-bar in camera is hidden, you pinch-zoom to control zooming (zoom-bar is shown when you pinch-zoom).
    • Connect charger to phone while it's off while show a charging “animation” on the display for a while.

• Screen lock option gone from Personalize, there is no settings for any kind of screen lock theme under Settings. You can’t set screen lock theme to “none”, and there is no way to set wallpaper for lock screen since screen lock themes are gone.
    • T9 layout gone from stock keyboard.

Known bugs:
    • With Animations turned OFF under Developer options, Share menus and things will simply not work. It affects more than just one thing, so: keep animations ON. So, if you're affected: Set all Animations to 1 and restart phone (that part is important).
    In lock screen you can add some widget: swipe to left and click + icon
    You can also "personalize" lock screen from settings/security/notification but just for missing calls and sms !
    With Sense 5 you can set also email and calendar, the ones that now I miss !!!!

Edit: after some test I'm really disappointed that even with missing calls and SMS notification active they don't came on lock screen but only in notification bar, so this is also a bug !
    Confirmed that text & missed call notiications don't show on lockscreen.

Also, I can only add 1 lockscreen widget it seems - once added, swiping to left again does nothing. Is this by design?
    bug with log screen confirmed, regardless, disabled or enabled in security settings, I can not see notifications for missed calls or messages on lock screen. Can we install some app from the market in order to fix this issue (while waiting for HTC to fix it)?
    Another nice new feature is the option to adjust the Automatic Brightness setting - can now set the maximum brightness value, works a bit like iOS.

Also the Music Player widgets now have a blue circle around the play icon to indicate duration of track remaining.