Please help! Computers will not recognise phone which now doesn't load the OS

Search This thread

SponTen

Feb 2, 2014
I unlocked my HTC One X using the HTC software, no problems.

Installed Cyanogenmod using the wiki install. It worked, but once it was installed, no computer would recognise my phone any more. I've tried installing several drivers using the Android SDK and the guides here (Latest HTC Drivers), here (How to solve ADB : 'Device Not Found' error in Android), and here ([HOWTO] Installing HTC Drivers for adb/fastboot on Windows 8). Nothing worked.

Stupidly, I thought it wouldn't matter much and left it. But yesterday I tried updating Cyanogenmod to the latest stable 10.2.1. It caused my phone to simply show the "HTC quietly brilliant" logo and the restart constantly.

I've tried doing a restore, which didn't work. I've tried doing a factory reset, but all it does is load Clockworkmod recovery. And I can't simply "push" a rom onto the phone using cmd because no computers recognise my phone.

The phone turns on and charges just fine, but it repeatedly tries to start up and restarts. I CAN use HBOOT, Fastboot, and recovery though.

Any suggestions? Would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
I unlocked my HTC One X using the HTC software, no problems.

Installed Cyanogenmod using the wiki install. It worked, but once it was installed, no computer would recognise my phone any more. I've tried installing several drivers using the Android SDK and the guides here (Latest HTC Drivers), here (How to solve ADB : 'Device Not Found' error in Android), and here ([HOWTO] Installing HTC Drivers for adb/fastboot on Windows 8). Nothing worked.

Stupidly, I thought it wouldn't matter much and left it. But yesterday I tried updating Cyanogenmod to the latest stable 10.2.1. It caused my phone to simply show the "HTC quietly brilliant" logo and the restart constantly.

I've tried doing a restore, which didn't work. I've tried doing a factory reset, but all it does is load Clockworkmod recovery. And I can't simply "push" a rom onto the phone using cmd because no computers recognise my phone.

The phone turns on and charges just fine, but it repeatedly tries to start up and restarts. I CAN use HBOOT, Fastboot, and recovery though.

Any suggestions? Would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

install philz 5.15.9 recovery, so you can mount your hox as a disk drive then copy rhe rom on sd, flash it as usual and you'll be fine:)

SponTen

Feb 2, 2014
install philz 5.15.9 recovery, so you can mount your hox as a disk drive then copy rhe rom on sd, flash it as usual and you'll be fine:)

Thanks for your response. How can I install the recovery? I can't boot the phone and it won't register as connected on any of my computers.

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Thanks for your response. How can I install the recovery? I can't boot the phone and it won't register as connected on any of my computers.
you said you can use fastboot, so put the phone in hboot and enter fastboot mode, download the recoveery and flash it via fastboot using this command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
(adapt your command to the recovery name ;))

SponTen

Feb 2, 2014
you said you can use fastboot, so put the phone in hboot and enter fastboot mode, download the recoveery and flash it via fastboot using this command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
(adapt your command to the recovery name ;))

Okay sweet, I managed to flash PhilZ recovery on. But when I try to mount the sd card, still nothing happens. I can flash stuff but I can't access the sd card from my pc.

I tried doing a factory reset using PhilZ but now the phone just sits on "HTC quietly brilliant" and doesn't start up, even after attempting to flash a new rom.

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Okay sweet, I managed to flash PhilZ recovery on. But when I try to mount the sd card, still nothing happens. I can flash stuff but I can't access the sd card from my pc.

I tried doing a factory reset using PhilZ but now the phone just sits on "HTC quietly brilliant" and doesn't start up, even after attempting to flash a new rom.
you have to mount the sdcard, you will find the option in "mounts and storage" menu... after you do this, wait some mins... maybe it'll take a little time, but sdcard will get mounted :)

have you flashed boot.img via fastboot? if you don't do that, phone won't boot even if you flash rom zip...

SponTen

Feb 2, 2014
you have to mount the sdcard, you will find the option in "mounts and storage" menu... after you do this, wait some mins... maybe it'll take a little time, but sdcard will get mounted :)

have you flashed boot.img via fastboot? if you don't do that, phone won't boot even if you flash rom zip...

Thank you again for responding so quickly :)

I did find it and tried to mount it but it didn't work. I can wait for a while but it shouldn't take that long?

I have tried flashing a few different ROMs (boot.img) via fastboot but none of them work, still stuck on "HTC quietly brilliant".

Is there a way to force install a kernel and rom using fastboot or recovery, without mounting the sd card?

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013

I did find it and tried to mount it but it didn't work. I can wait for a while but it shouldn't take that long?

I have tried flashing a few different ROMs (boot.img) via fastboot but none of them work, still stuck on "HTC quietly brilliant".

Is there a way to force install a kernel and rom using fastboot or recovery, without mounting the sd card?
yes, it might take 3-4 minutes to mount... anyway you don't have to mount sdcard to install a rom, only to copy it on sd to flash it later.... do the following steps in that order:
1) put the rom zip in sd if you don't have it yet (skip if you do)
2) enter fastboot and flash boot.img taken from zip
2a) fastboot flash boot boot.img
2b) fastboot erase cache
3) enter the recovery and choose "wipe to install a new rom"
4) select install zip from sdcard and install it (follow instructions)
5) first boot may take up to 10 mins, so be patient...

if you still have problems with that specfic rom, try another one and check if it boots... if you choose to install ViperX 4.0.6, search in th rom thread becuse some users have issues in flashing and you need to follow a particular procedure (i mean only wipe cache in recovery and full install in aroma)

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

sorry, i didn't answer... yes, there is... it's name is adb sideload and you need a recovery supporting it... i've never used this method, so sorry, but i can't guide you :(

Reactions: SponTen

SponTen

Feb 2, 2014
yes, it might take 3-4 minutes to mount... anyway you don't have to mount sdcard to install a rom, only to copy it on sd to flash it later.... do the following steps in that order:
2b) fastboot erase cache

if you still have problems with that specfic rom, try another one and check if it boots... if you choose to install ViperX 4.0.6, search in th rom thread becuse some users have issues in flashing and you need to follow a particular procedure (i mean only wipe cache in recovery and full install in aroma)

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

sorry, i didn't answer... yes, there is... it's name is adb sideload and you need a recovery supporting it... i've never used this method, so sorry, but i can't guide you :(

Okay, FIXED now. I managed to restore the phone using some RUU and stock firmware packages. After that, I managed to flash ClockwordMod recovery - which actually allowed me to mount the sd card, which actually worked! So then it was an easy flash of kernel and install of CyanogenMod (for now).

Thank you so much for your help :D! Didn't even know I'd be able to mount from recovery until you mentioned it several posts above.

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Okay, FIXED now. I managed to restore the phone using some RUU and stock firmware packages. After that, I managed to flash ClockwordMod recovery - which actually allowed me to mount the sd card, which actually worked! So then it was an easy flash of kernel and install of CyanogenMod (for now).

Thank you so much for your help :D! Didn't even know I'd be able to mount from recovery until you mentioned it several posts above.
you're welcome :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2b) fastboot erase cache